You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The last song on the Pete and Dud show

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat
Afternoon all. This is not a happy post, however, I'm not going to let it be some sort of sad post either. 
Long story short, not Matt Bates short but still short, after Monday you won't see me on the tables for some time. As some of you know, I've had a few health issues over the last 15 months or so and they have led me to make the decision to stop playing online for a while, maybe a long while. 

The right side of my body isn't working properly. My right arm will stop moving, the right side of my face will drop, my right leg won't bear much weight and the strangest thing is my tongue will feel different on the right side and left side. I can't tell you just how frustrating it is not to be able to play a hand how you want too because your arm won't move to press the right buttons. I need to concentrate on getting better. When I'm better, trust me on this, I WILL be better then I will be back. 

To say bye to you all, I will be playing the Rainman on Monday. I would be honoured if you would join me. 
Thank you to everyone here.  You are all special and loved. 
There are 3 golden rules in life. 
1. Beards rule
2. Chicks dig scars
3. I WILL BEAT THIS

Comments

• edited May 2017
    It will be an honour and a privilege to join you on Monday.

All the very best to you for your fight and here's to your future come back in good health.
  • edited May 2017
    Good afternoon Cenachav.
    Very sorry to hear your story, hope your health improves.
    Although i am not religious i will say a prayer for you.
    I have always found you to be a perfect gent on the tables.
    You will be sadly missed by the community, hope it is not too long before you are back
    See you on Monday.
    All the very best.
    Rainman215. 
  • edited May 2017
    get it sorted Mark and come back stronger gl mate
  • edited May 2017
    Take care of yourself you are a gent
  • edited May 2017
    Hope you are feeling better soon cenachav.
  • edited May 2017

good luck matey

as you've mentioned pete and dud, have a read of peter cook's autobiography, "i was an only twin"(?).  it will give you a few things to smile for.

• edited May 2017
    In Response to The last song on the Pete and Dud show:
    Afternoon all. This is not a happy post, however, I'm not going to let it be some sort of sad post either.  Long story short, not Matt Bates short but still short, after Monday you won't see me on the tables for some time. As some of you know, I've had a few health issues over the last 15 months or so and they have led me to make the decision to stop playing online for a while, maybe a long while.  The right side of my body isn't working properly. My right arm will stop moving, the right side of my face will drop, my right leg won't bear much weight and the strangest thing is my tongue will feel different on the right side and left side. I can't tell you just how frustrating it is not to be able to play a hand how you want too because your arm won't move to press the right buttons. I need to concentrate on getting better. When I'm better, trust me on this, I WILL be better then I will be back.  To say bye to you all, I will be playing the Rainman on Monday. I would be honoured if you would join me.  Thank you to everyone here.  You are all special and loved.  There are 3 golden rules in life.  1. Beards rule 2. Chicks dig scars 3. I WILL BEAT THIS
    Posted by cenachav

Hope you get better soon. I managed to get in quick with a post, I am sure the number of posts after a few days will show you that in fact you are the special one and the forum will be sending much love.

I wont be able to play the rainman on Monday as I have work but I will be sporting a beard in your honour in Vegas!
  • edited May 2017
    hope u get well soon cenachav  get well soon pal
  • edited May 2017
    Best of luck with the battle Cenachav. Maybe you could spend some of your time recovering doing some studying on poker, such as reading books and watching vids, then you definately will come back better.

All the best.
    Greg.
  • edited May 2017
    Sad to hear your unwell Cenachav have never met you but when I saw you on Skypoker TV and at the tables you seem like one of the nicer people, hope you beat it soon and are back at the tables.
  • edited May 2017
    Sorry to hear this, Cenachav. Really hope you're back to full fitness soon :)

I know you're talking about "Goodbye...", but (Peter Cook is a major influence) I love the other songs. My mum came in to my room...

Get well soon dude :)

• edited May 2017
    Sorry to hear your health, is on a downswing, chav lad.
    I hope variance kicks in, and you are back on your two feet, and standing strong.

I would like to say, it's alway's a pleasure to share a table with you,
    you are one of the good guy's, on the forum,
    and a fun guy to play against.

It would be good to see you back at the plo8 tables.
    As Gregster say's, while your away for a short time, (I hope it's short)
    maybe you could study plo8, and come back, 
    with the hope of taking a few chips from me (in your dreams, chav lad )

I cannot play the 2.20 at 2.15 stupid work gets in the way.
    but I hope to see you back at the tables soon 

Run good chav lad.

Regards Alan ( plo8 champ)

• edited May 2017
    Good luck Mark
    Stay strong
    Run good
  • edited May 2017
    All the best Cena.

Has always been a pleasure sharing a table with you and the banter on the forum/ in the chatbox.

Mon the beards!

Get well soon.

• edited May 2017
    Hi Mark
    Sorry to hear of your health problem, I hope you get better soon and return fighting fit.
    I shall be working on Monday so can't play, my thoughts will be with you.
    Take care.
    Tom
  • edited May 2017
    All the best wishes cena hope to see u back at the tables very soon
  • edited May 2017
    Wishing you all the best Mark
  • edited May 2017
    Hope to see you back at the tables soon Mark.
    I'm sure you will find the answer and be back stronger than ever.
    Donald
  • edited May 2017
    Good luck be positive and you will recover ........ see you soon.  Don.
  • edited May 2017
    I echo the caring posts above me, I sincerely hope to see you at the tables sometime , take care x
  • edited May 2017
    Just seen this.

Get yourself better man and we'll see you again down the road.  Oh and when you come back ask Sky for a special name change please.  Yes Cena was a chav but ReignsSucks would be a much better alias going forward.

Take care dude.
  • edited May 2017
    Get well soon love paige x
  • edited May 2017

Best wishes that you can overcome these problems Mark.

Plenty of regulars here have or had problems, & have overcome them, or learned to cope, & I hope you can do the same.

• edited May 2017
    Sorry to hear of your continuing medical issues Cena. Apparently Sarah Champion is willing to relax the restraining order when you get better :).  I can't make the tourney tomorrow but good luck with that and going forward in general.
  • edited May 2017
    Many many thanks everyone. You lot are the best :-). Am regged now. If I'm slow responding to anyone in the chat box, many apologies but I will go as quickly as possible. 
  • edited May 2017
    Just had too.  9 high like a boss :)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancehellraser2Small blind 15.0015.004720.00medic10Big blind 30.0045.004690.00 Your hole cardshttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif''); background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; background-color: #ffffff" class="club">5https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif''); background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; background-color: #ffffff" class="club">9   feeney9623Fold    cenachavRaise 90.00135.008923.75https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif''); background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; background-color: transparent" class="dealer">roy1933Call 90.00225.003156.25hellraser2Fold    medic10Call 60.00285.004630.00Flop     medic10Check    cenachavCheck    roy1933Check    Turn     medic10Check    cenachavBet 142.50427.508781.25roy1933Fold    medic10Fold    cenachavMuck    cenachavWin 285.00 9066.25cenachavReturn 142.500.009208.75