You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat
once again we are left out out of the main game to celebrate 10 years of sky poker we are your bread n butter why is nt there a free roll for us say anyone who as played a 50 tornies at less than 5quid

Comments

• edited May 2017
    wheres this main game to celebrate 10 years am i missing something
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players:
    once again we are left out out of the main game to celebrate 10 years of sky poker we are your bread n butter why is nt there a free roll for us say anyone who as played a 50 tornies at less than 5quid
    Posted by shilo68

Played 50 MTTs at £5 and under buy in stretching back 10 years?

My Gran could probably enter under that criteria, and she's been dead for years.
  • edited May 2017
    you talking about the super suday ME
  • edited May 2017
    super sunday requires 70 point between now and then(10 points per day- it says so in the blurb :-)) for a massive freeroll and there are also 24 freerolls with no points requirements, what more do you actually want?
  • edited May 2017
    So we are really asking why there are not nice 'rewards' for people who are paying around £2.50 per year in rake?

• edited May 2017
    But apart from the aquaducts, sanitation, roads, public order, wine, education and huge freerolls......what have the Romans ever done for us?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players:
    But apart from the aquaducts, sanitation, roads, public order, wine, education and huge freerolls......what have the Romans ever done for us?
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Brought Peace...

Oh F*^k off!

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players:
    Posted by HENDRIK62

The roads are obvious, goes without saying.
  • edited May 2017
    Are you the Judean People's Front?
  • edited May 2017
    Are you the Judean People's Front?
    Posted by Phantom66
    No-The People's Front of Judea
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    Back to the original question.

The £5k freeroll on Sunday just needs 70 points to qualify.

You could achieve that by playing 70 28p Sit n Gos, 10 a day.

So you need to stake £19.60 and it should be pretty near impossible to lose 70 DYMs. You might lose a little, break even or even win some.

In addition to the freeroll you would also qualify for a £2.30 tournament token (by getting 50+points).

You also have a whole week to achieve this.

Promotional money is there to attract new players, get existing players playing more, or to get former players to return.

The balance varies with different promotions but if it does none of the above it is pretty poor business for the site.

If all promotions were shared out among regulars then that would not be good for business. Equally if promotions encouraged people to come back to sky just for a lucrative freeroll and then disappear again without depositing or playing any other games that would not be good for business either.

• edited May 2017
    Carrot & the Stick .........  if the stick is to long the Donkey cant see the Carrot.  no incentive.
  • edited May 2017
    Carrot & the Stick .........  if the stick is to long the Donkey cant see the Carrot.  no incentive.
    Posted by goldon

Should have eaten more carrots when they were on offer.
  • edited May 2017
    Fill the Pond with Fish .......... don't feed them they die.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players : Played 50 MTTs at £5 and under buy in stretching back 10 years? My Gran could probably enter under that criteria, and she's been dead for years.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Typical Troll post

So bad for the forum 
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players:
    Posted by shilo68
    No mention of the 24 £250 freerolls the same day that you can enter for absolutely nothing. The rewards here for micro stakes players are better than any other site.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players : Typical Troll post So bad for the forum 
    Posted by Nuggy962

You seem a tad obsessed with me and my posts.

It's flattering, and I like the way you try to make me appear silly yet always, without fail, end up looking like a tool yourself, but I don't see how its bad for the forum? Is your post good for the forum?

Perhaps you can be good enough to elaborate, and I look forward to your well articulated answer.

Guy above me ^^^ hits the nail on the head.
  • edited May 2017
    Give small stakes players footballers wages.

But yeah on a serious note I just looked at the freeroll qualification route and i can't see how anyone can complain. To attain 70 points in 7 days is very easy, and as Phantom66 explained, can be done by a very low variance method via DYMs.  Think I'll be registering for the freeroll as its a lot of money for nothing.

Also I have it on good authority that hhyfr..'s Gran absolutley BEASTS the UKOPS series.
  • edited May 2017
    Give small stakes players footballers wages. But yeah on a serious note I just looked at the freeroll qualification route and i can't see how anyone can complain. To attain 70 points in 7 days is very easy, and as Phantom66 explained, can be done by a very low variance method via DYMs.  Think I'll be registering for the freeroll as its a lot of money for nothing. Also I have it on good authority that hhyfr..'s Gran absolutley BEASTS the UKOPS series.
    Posted by scotty77

Whatever Derek Acorah told you, I'd take with a pinch of salt ;)
  • edited May 2017
    Sorry for interrupting this thread,But hello scotty77 how are you :):):) paige xx
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by shilo68
    Super Sunday begins in less than 7 hours, at Midnight tonight.

Action commences at Midnight with the first of 24 Freerolls. one per hour, on the hour, all named after Las Vegas Hotels. First up, Bellagio. Each of the 24 Freerolls carries a prize pool valued at £250, so that's £6,000 in total. 

There is NO registration fee, & you do not need ANY points to enter.
  • edited May 2017
    you talking about the super suday ME
    Posted by stokefc
    yes iwas i just seen we get invited into the smallest freebie yet the more money healthy players get to play in everything yet if it was a super sunday then these should be available to everyone or at least give us a shot at bigger winnings we are the bread and butter after all i would love to afford £200 entry into tornies so why when its being given away dont we get chance to participate we can play just are money needs to pay for other things i dont even earn £200 a week so thats why i can only play the smaller tornies yes ive won a few but even them they pay out is spread to far you can play for 5 hours reach the cash and you are only guaranteed to win 10p the payout of players paid needs cutting maybe just top 12 and the bigger freebies when celebrating 10 years and the likes of should be available to all

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players : yes iwas i just seen we get invited into the smallest freebie yet the more money healthy players get to play in everything yet if it was a super sunday then these should be available to everyone or at least give us a shot at bigger winnings we are the bread and butter after all i would love to afford £200 entry into tornies so why when its being given away dont we get chance to participate we can play just are money needs to pay for other things i dont even earn £200 a week so thats why i can only play the smaller tornies yes ive won a few but even them they pay out is spread to far you can play for 5 hours reach the cash and you are only guaranteed to win 10p the payout of players paid needs cutting maybe just top 12 and the bigger freebies when celebrating 10 years and the likes of should be available to all
    Posted by shilo68

And breathe.
  • edited May 2017
    Maybe read the post that is directly before your post shilo?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: why are the small stakes not treat the same as big stake buy in players : yes iwas i just seen we get invited into the smallest freebie yet the more money healthy players get to play in everything yet if it was a super sunday then these should be available to everyone or at least give us a shot at bigger winnings we are the bread and butter after all i would love to afford £200 entry into tornies so why when its being given away dont we get chance to participate we can play just are money needs to pay for other things i dont even earn £200 a week so thats why i can only play the smaller tornies yes ive won a few but even them they pay out is spread to far you can play for 5 hours reach the cash and you are only guaranteed to win 10p the payout of players paid needs cutting maybe just top 12 and the bigger freebies when celebrating 10 years and the likes of should be available to all
    Posted by shilo68

You've played 336 games on Sky since 27/5/16. That averages at less than a game a day over a 12 month period. Yet you seem to want Sky to give you the world with very little effort on your part.

I think 70 points in a week is actually pretty low and Sky could easily have put the entry criteria higher. So instead of having a go saying you're overlooked (which you're not as there is loads of stuff going on that day), maybe be appreciative that the benchmark is pretty low and achievable for a big number of players who play their poker here.

You seem to want something for nothing, which is typical of many poker players, but it doesn't work like that and with good reason.

• edited May 2017
    Posted by shilo68
    You need to remember sky is a business, they are not putting this 10 year celebration on out of the goodness of their hearts, the promo is running to: 
    1) attract new players to the site 
    2) encourage existing players to play more
    3) encourage inactive players to become active

The £250 free rolls are there partly to give new players (and old) plenty of chances at free cash, the idea being that if you won a few quid you might go on to deposit and / or become active on the site regularly
    If they opened up the bigger freeroll to all then existing players have no incentive to play more, as said earlier the bar has been set pretty low. 

• edited May 2017
    Posted by shilo68
    Good evening Shilo.
    As a low stakes player like yourself, i play some 28p dyms and always manage to reach at least 100 to 150 pts per week.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.