You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yipeeyapee vs Sparce tonight!

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: When is Yipeeyapee vs Sparce taking place?:
    Sweet, thanks cottlad, I wish me luck to :) To Dantb's post, I agree you need to perform well across all disciplines but for me to give myself the edge to be selected by viewers I did what I did for the reasons mentioned in my previous post. Next point, It's good to play players who are better than you to improve, but I don't even know if Sparce is better, I just want to merc him so bad. To Beaneh's post, my total payer competition is already over, I couldn't care about your votes, the rail are fickle anyway, they'll love me if I beat sparce. And incidentally I asked my mentor if I could flip my remaining £300 on roulette so I'd at least have 6buy ins to play Sparce on day 2, but he said I'd get disqualified which kind of sucked. Sparce going for food now, maybe sunday sounds good.
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE

I looked in the tournament rules but could nt find the set answer so I had to make a judgement !
  • edited February 2010
    And incidentally I asked my mentor if I could flip my remaining £300 on roulette so I'd at least have 6buy ins to play Sparce on day 2, but he said I'd get disqualified which kind of sucked.

Thats quite possibly the most absurd thing I have heard in a long time.
  • edited February 2010
    still think i should of got in instead of james,sparce and glitterbabe ;-)
    matt you dont know what you missed
  • edited February 2010
    And incidentally I asked my mentor if I could flip my remaining £300 on roulette so I'd at least have 6buy ins to play Sparce on day 2, but he said I'd get disqualified which kind of sucked . Thats quite possibly the most absurd thing I have heard in a long time.
    Posted by Cowgomoo

Possibly but I thought 3 buyins ws enough , sorry
  • edited February 2010
    {thread delivers}
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: When is Yipeeyapee vs Sparce taking place? : Possibly but I thought 3 buyins ws enough , sorry
    Posted by EdGiddins
    If thats not a joke, I was talking about Yipee's request, not your repsonse
  • edited February 2010
    oi stop killing my action ;) XXX
    Posted by Sparce
    I suggest you stop posting needless comments and get focusing on those leaks in your game...:)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: When is Yipeeyapee vs Sparce taking place? : If thats not a joke, I was talking about Yipee's request, not your repsonse
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    LOL
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: When is Yipeeyapee vs Sparce taking place? : LOL
    Posted by EdGiddins
    Nice level, I thought as much
  • edited February 2010
    i feel tension....peace brothers
  • edited February 2010
    Dont go too mad at that theatre on Saturday night Sparce.  You will need a clear head for Sunday
  • edited February 2010
    Lol at some of the comments, by what are essentially railbirds, it's funny how people form opinions on others and criticise when often they should look closer to home and ask themselves how much money have I deposited and how much have I withdrawn from poker in recent years. I'm not looking to go through on fearlessness, and for what it's worth Sparce is probably the 2nd best player in the competition now. He will likely win it, as he proved himself by winning the hu challenge and the best player remaining has a very small bank roll. (at the end of the day you can't complain about how you run, everyone remembers the winners, not the losers) When I offered the challenge of course it was high risk for both of us, with 8 and 12 buy ins respectively. I was going to play sparce last night after total player but he wasn't up for it, maybe he can pm me with his diary of free dates as he has requested 2-3 hours minimum of play. Let me know your availability maybe this saturday and sunday. I'll try post time and specifics for those who wish to rail and form a critique.
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    At the end of all the TP culling, the final vote will indeed be a popularity contest Yipee, so in that context I liked your challenge even if you got spanked in this instance. You showed some guts and heart in putting yourself on a limb in the first place!

I wouldn't recommend playing out of your own BR against the 'best HU player on Sky' though, best to wait until your rolled for this.

You always learn things by playing better players but to do so losing your own money and not the TP money isn't a wise decision right now I don't think.

Good luck whatever the outcome may be, I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for you...maybe you just need to be a bit more restrained on your forum language as it can come across a tad harsh :o)

x
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: When is Yipeeyapee vs Sparce taking place? : At the end of all the TP culling, the final vote will indeed be a popularity contest Yipee, so in that context I liked your challenge even if you got spanked in this instance. You showed some guts and heart in putting yourself on a limb in the first place! I wouldn't reccomend playing out of your own BR against the 'best HU player on Sky' though, best to wait until your rolled for this. You always learn things by playing better players but to do so losing your own money and not the TP money isn't a wise decision right now I don't think. Good luck whatever the outcome may be, I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for you...just need to be a bit more restrained on your forum language as it can come across a tad harsh :o) x
    Posted by TRIP5
    + 1
  • edited February 2010
    true to my word i keep you updated, pm to spary marcy

This whole hu match is going to be so sick, is going to be bigger day either way for me than for you, but fuclk it, i've got some people taking some % of me, we can do 2.5/5 or 5/10. Dropped £1.2k yesterday which just puts me in good frame of mind ;) some of it to glitterbabe which tilts fuclk out of me because he's so horrifically average, but i'll be good for bringing my A game on sunday. was it 6pm you were out? but think you said you were good for 7? maximum rail at that time, hopefully no.1 fan bryan will be behind me.

gl me, jac cant believe i had to go and ammend words it wouldnt let me send

• edited February 2010

when will you grow up? no need to be insulting another player coz you lost.  and your getting staked to play vs a very good player, i hope its not a loan shark as some fingers and toes will be lost.
    seriously play a smaller game, dont get staked it will end in tears. 

• edited February 2010
    Rooting for ya fella - love an under-dog!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Out of line commenting on Gb's game - 

The fact is his game that day beat you...if you think he is "horrifically bad" keep stum and just play him again ?
  • edited February 2010
    Pls to sparce be running goods and put you in your place in a horrific run good fest.
  • edited February 2010
    Out of line commenting on Gb's game -  The fact is his game that day beat you...if you think he is "horrifically bad" keep stum and just play him again ?
    Posted by Nutter5932

I dont think Wayne will be worried about what Rodney thinks lol.
  • edited February 2010
    Yippee i would love to see you go busto and just vanish.CMON SPARCE
  • edited February 2010
    Fair play to you YY for having the hunger to take Sparce on again. Deep down, you must know you're the rag though. Very early on in the TP thread I mentioned I thought kegsy could win this/is different class to relative stakes on this site, from what I've seen Sparce is just as good if not better. If I'm not playing too heavily elsewhere (Why can't SKY do 40% RB!) I'll definitely open a table to watch as I'm always impressed by decent H/U cash players.

Whilst I do think Sparce is probabaly the best player in the competition, I do wish all the best to Nutter and Sharsbite, two players who play similar (albeit they're slightly better) games to myself.

• edited February 2010
    Fair play to you YY for having the hunger to take Sparce on again. Deep down, you must know you're the rag though. Very early on in the TP thread I mentioned I thought kegsy could win this/is different class to relative stakes on this site, from what I've seen Sparce is just as good if not better. If I'm not playing too heavily elsewhere (Why can't SKY do 40% RB!) I'll definitely open a table to watch as I'm always impressed by decent H/U cash players. Whilst I do think Sparce is probabaly the best player in the competition, I do wish all the best to Nutter and Sharsbite, two players who play similar (albeit they're slightly better) games to myself.
    Posted by NOGIMMICKS

The sites that offer these types of rb deal are going bust and out of business because it isn't a long term money making strategy for them.
  • edited February 2010
    Once you hit 40k points its 100% rb per 4000 points gained ?

Granted its a huge amount but I bet ajs / sam and offshoot hit it each month maybe 
  • edited February 2010
    Once you hit 40k points its 100% rb per 4000 points gained ? Granted its a huge amount but I bet ajs / sam and offshoot hit it each month maybe 
    Posted by Nutter5932
    I bet barely any players make the 40k. I doubt any recreational players make it to 10k.
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah SKY have definitely done their best to (re)attrect mid stake cash game players with the points scheme, and that's good for both party's. I fall into an awkward category for SKY I guess, in that I'm not a pro (obviously laugh the masses!) yet happily play anything from £5 mtt to £200 H/U sng, and want the best deal I can get as I don't intend to do my dough. Although I admit I play so comedy LAGY in earlier stages of mtt's it looks like I'm trying! So whilst I will play here on occasions, I'm simply obliged in the main to play where I get 40% RB.
  • edited February 2010
    Yes Betfair is going broke offering a 40% rakeback deal lol. Sky needs to offer a better rakeback deal to its players. I agree Sparce is by far the best player in the comp. I think Yipee got a little carried away with himself, cut and run now fella there is better value for you than HU with Sparce, although full credit if you turn it around.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Rakeback etc.:
    Yes Betfair is going broke offering a 40% rakeback deal lol. Sky needs to offer a better rakeback deal to its players. I agree Sparce is by far the best player in the comp. I think Yipee got a little carried away with himself, cut and run now fella there is better value for you than HU with Sparce, although full credit if you turn it around.
    Posted by stien

iPoker is........

all the affiliate sites are destroying each other trying to outdo how much they give back.
  • edited February 2010
    is it a leap year...no damn i,ve got 2 days to get 150 points to get me £15 lol
  • edited February 2010
    Betfair should have way more traffic than it does. With the resources (and clientele) they have, its amazing they've done so badly. However if you want to play a £20 mtt during the day to win 4 figures you can't do it on SKY, whilst you just about can on BF. And yeah my 40% RB deal is with them! 27.5% with TILT and what (for me) works out as around 10% on here. Of course if you're high volume cash player the game is very different. But I simply can't turn down what essentially is an extra £100-£200 month for playing a different site.
    Posted by NOGIMMICKS

Increasing rake back itself though just creates a climate for more people to play lots of tables very tightly and just sit there trying to earn money from rakeback and breaking even at the pokerz. I totally see y our point about how every little it helps. 
  • edited February 2010
    ...beofre anyone nitpicks there aren't really a plethora of decent mtt's on BF during the day! But I'd still rather say a £10/£20 entry 1/2k GTD than these daft £5 BH's going off every 5 minutes!