You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

great promo's of the past

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat
What your all time favourite sky promo?

I remember when I first started on here the Sky Poker Cup! It was like a hu competition with a final with added prize money.

I didnt qualify but loved the concept of win % and a final table for the money! 

What was your favorite?

Comments

• edited May 2017
    TSP (Team Sky Poker) back in the day...

Leaderboard formats ran quarterly iirc, one for each format, SnG, MTT, and Cash, then an MTT from the top players to try and win entry to TSP which meant you could represent Sky Poker live and they gave you £x per month to play live comps.

I never got in via that route cos I was still a micro stakes player by the time they'd stopped it but always wanted to. Got picked for a one off event once by Tikay but never 'earned' my way in thru that promo

=======================

Golden Tickets is always good I guess cos it's a pretty level playing field, iirc 1 ticket in the draw per 1 point capped at 50 per day (very reasonable for almost anyone to make) so the highest rakers don't have much edge over the smaller BR'd guys.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: great promo's of the past:
    TSP (Team Sky Poker) back in the day... Leaderboard formats ran quarterly iirc, one for each format, SnG, MTT, and Cash, then an MTT from the top players to try and win entry to TSP which meant you could represent Sky Poker live and they gave you £x per month to play live comps. I never got in via that route cos I was still a micro stakes player by the time they'd stopped it but always wanted to. Got picked for a one off event once by Tikay but never 'earned' my way in thru that promo
    Posted by Lambert180
    That does sound like a great promo. Would certainly up my volume if that were to be reintroduced!
  • edited May 2017
    The most hands played to win a Punta Cana package was a personal fav.
  • edited May 2017
    the prem promo with alvez on your team that was a great promo :)
  • edited May 2017
    The most hands played to win a Punta Cana package was a personal fav.

Was this volume based no stake based? If so v.refreshing :)
  • edited May 2017
    The most hands played to win a Punta Cana package was a personal fav. Was this volume based no stake based? If so v.refreshing :)
    Posted by Itsover4u

Yes Danny.  Was tiered leaderboards too.  Zinfan won a package playing 4nl.  Solely raked hands played, points/rake didn't matter.  Was great fun.

• edited May 2017

"Worst Dressed Player" was another, but after DontTellMum won it 11 times on the bounce it had to be curtailed.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: great promo's of the past : Yes Danny.  Was tiered leaderboards too.  Zinfan won a package playing 4nl.  Solely raked hands played, points/rake didn't matter.  Was great fun.
    Posted by Donttelmum

I'm guessing limp/call or raise/call was the order of the day? Probably limp in everything as it gives you a better chance of playing a raked hand....

Anything but open fold :)
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: great promo's of the past : I'm guessing limp/call or raise/call was the order of the day? Probably limp in everything as it gives you a better chance of playing a raked hand.... Anything but open fold :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    This was Rancid's job lol. Shoulda told him after a couple days really but it was too funny. Good times:) Good times:)
  • edited May 2017
    "Worst Dressed Player" was another, but after DontTellMum won it 11 times on the bounce it had to be curtailed.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Please keep the bickering on the appropriate thread.  I shall be sending this upstairs.  ;)
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: great promo's of the past : Please keep the bickering on the appropriate thread.  I shall be sending this upstairs.  ;)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    :D
  • edited May 2017
    I liked the iPhone thing, probably because I managed to win one :-)

Think it was part of the advent calendar in 2015? I may be wrong. BBmike you won aswell, can you confirm what the promo was
  • edited May 2017
    I liked the iPhone thing, probably because I managed to win one :-) Think it was part of the advent calendar in 2015? I may be wrong. BBmike you won aswell, can you confirm what the promo was
    Posted by HENDRIK62

I think Mike won his in Winter Giveaway but could be wrong. I remember that winners of WG free rolls also got various gadgets, apart from the 1 I won, typical. But won't complain about winning £520 in a free roll.
      I enjoyed the leagues that James Hartigan ran especially the O'Mahartigan and the NFL league he ran . Bring back Hartigan.
  • edited May 2017
    What Happened to Double Points.  Ah! they got halved.