You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What happened?

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat

Morning all.

A quick run-down of Super Sunday follows.

It was a long time in the planning, & you'll never know some of the headaches that were encountered along the way, but it all turned out OK in the end.

Comments

• edited May 2017

It began at midnight with the first of the hourly Freerolls. In all, £6,000 (SIX THOUSAND POUNDS) of prize pools were on offer.  

These Freerolls had no entry barrier - no points or money needed, anyone could play them.

As you know, nothing causes more controversy &, imo, unfair criticism of a poker site than Freerolls, when players sense of entitlement gets out of hand.

Even this week, we once again saw a player complaining on this Forum that the "little guys" are not looked after. 

The problem with "zero points to enter" Freerolls is that low quality clients turn up, play them, then disappear, never to be seen again. Is this really fair on the existing player base? Of course it is not.

It's a very difficult balance to get just so.

• edited May 2017

At noon, VIVA LAST VEGAS was announced.

Details are HERE
  • edited May 2017

At 6pm, the £5,000 Super Sunday Freeroll started. It had a 70 point entry barrier, which upset a few, but there you go.

It got 1,026 runners, so was worth around £5 per head. That's a fiver per player. Say it quickly, & it does not sound much, does it?

Apologies, but I never made note of who won it.  
  • edited May 2017

At 7pm, the return of the SPT was announced, HERE

• edited May 2017

At 7.30pm, a short SPT Blog was published, HERE

A further SPT Blog - & a very good one, written by Mr Ambo - will be published later today.  
  • edited May 2017

At 7.45pm, the Viva Las Vegas "Main Event" Final took place.

Sky Poker had to juggle things so that, ideally, not less than 50, & not more than 55, players took part. Less, or more, & all sorts of head-scratching takes place.

It got 53 entrants - perfect.

5 seats, with around £3,500 for the Bubble Dog.

1 frann7321 159577.53 2 Tedson 151039.38 3 GSmith13 113411.09 4 boggo 64920 5 JiggaWhat 41052 6 rspca12 0
  • edited May 2017

At 8pm, the celebratory Super Sunday Main Event kicked off.

This was a worry - a £30,000 Guarantee, with the threat of good weather likely to damage online numbers.

It worked out just fine - 310 entries plus 46 rebuys means it made around £35,600. Now that WAS a result, & there were plenty of sighs of relief Upstairs.

The winner? Young Groggs (FeelGroggy) who collected nearly £6,200 for his efforts.

What a fine young man he is, & I'm delighted for him.

HAYSIE was 5th - so we may hear from his solicitors today. 

Remarkably, in 8th, was Bromley023. Surely that has to be Adam, not Natterley?   
  • edited May 2017

At 8.45pm the Viva Las Vegas £4k Final took place.

51 runners was perfect, oioi, so 5 seats & £400.

Winner was zinfan, & remarkably, that man Groggs was runner-up.

I'm not even sure FeelGroggy is old enough to play poker in Vegas - players have to be 21. Not sure, but I think he is about 12. Looks it, anyway.

zinfan 91775 2 FeelGroggy 65321 3 cpfc_2010 45895 4 donation55 34776 5 bckneil 17233
  • edited May 2017

So there it was, Sky Poker's first Super Sunday. Think it went pretty well, tbh.  
  • edited May 2017
    I did nothing but a top top night felt like a great schedule. Top work sky team.... spt is the icing on the cake 
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: What happened?:
    At 6pm, the £5,000 Super Sunday Freeroll started. It had a 70 point entry barrier, which upset a few, but there you go. It got 1,026 runners, so was worth around £5 per head. That's a fiver per player. Say it quickly, & it does not sound much, does it? Apologies, but I never made note of who won it.  
    Posted by Tikay10

there's quite a story here, tikay.

£5,000 Super Sunday Freeroll

1 Renodemedi £11,600 Vegas Final - 5 Packages
    2 frann7321 £11,600 Vegas Final - 5 Packages
    3 CraigSG1 £11,600 Vegas Final - 5 Packages
    4 Jazzabee £4,000 Vegas Final - 5 Packages
    5 Dab123 £4,000 Vegas Final - 5 Packages
    6 YakNev £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event
    7 59pockets £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event
    8 GFKIJKLL £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event
    9 smith1408 £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event
    10 MRBURNS4 £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event

see who came second?

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: What happened? : there's quite a story here, tikay. £5,000 Super Sunday Freeroll       1 Renodemedi £11,600 Vegas Final - 5 Packages 2 frann7321 £11,600 Vegas Final - 5 Packages 3 CraigSG1 £11,600 Vegas Final - 5 Packages 4 Jazzabee £4,000 Vegas Final - 5 Packages 5 Dab123 £4,000 Vegas Final - 5 Packages 6 YakNev £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event 7 59pockets £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event 8 GFKIJKLL £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event 9 smith1408 £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event 10 MRBURNS4 £30,000 Super Sunday Main Event       see who came second?
    Posted by aussie09
    Wow, great spot, Rob.

So frann7321 wins a Viva Las Vegas satellite seat for the £11,600 Final in a Freeroll and then wins the £11,600 package.

• edited May 2017
    thats awesome!

i had a pretty decent cash in the main aswell which im over the moon with. just mising out on top 10. was a decent torn and would love more of those. 
    bring back primo ;).

• edited May 2017
    Great job by Sky!
  • edited May 2017
    At 8pm, the celebratory Super Sunday Main Event kicked off. This was a worry - a £30,000 Guarantee, with the threat of good weather likely to damage online numbers. It worked out just fine - 310 entries plus 46 rebuys means it made around £35,600. Now that WAS a result, & there were plenty of sighs of relief Upstairs.   The winner? Young Groggs (FeelGroggy) who collected nearly £6,200 for his efforts.   What a fine young man he is, & I'm delighted for him. HAYSIE was 5th - so we may hear from his solicitors today.  Remarkably, in 8th, was Bromley023. Surely that has to be Adam, not Natterley?    
    Posted by Tikay10
    *rolls eyes repeatedly* 
  • edited May 2017
    At 8pm, the celebratory Super Sunday Main Event kicked off. This was a worry - a £30,000 Guarantee, with the threat of good weather likely to damage online numbers. It worked out just fine - 310 entries plus 46 rebuys means it made around £35,600. Now that WAS a result, & there were plenty of sighs of relief Upstairs.   The winner? Young Groggs (FeelGroggy) who collected nearly £6,200 for his efforts.   What a fine young man he is, & I'm delighted for him. HAYSIE was 5th - so we may hear from his solicitors today.  Remarkably, in 8th, was Bromley023. Surely that has to be Adam, not Natterley?    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I am considering retaining Essexphil purely for suing pokersites, assuming he has enough free time.
    Didnt FeelGroggy have a superb night.
    Well done him.

• edited May 2017
    WOW, a WSOP main event package from a freeroll! Truly incredible, many congrats!

I just wish Sky would look after these 'smaller players' ! :D
  • edited May 2017
    A great day in Sky Poker history and the SPT is back.  What's not to love?

Well done all involved.
  • edited May 2017
    WOW, a WSOP main event package from a freeroll! Truly incredible, many congrats! I just wish Sky would look after these 'smaller players' ! :D
    Posted by goldnballz
    Quality :)

• edited May 2017
    WOW, a WSOP main event package from a freeroll! Truly incredible, many congrats! I just wish Sky would look after these 'smaller players' ! :D
    Posted by goldnballz
    Not a complete freeroll though he could have paid anywhere from £10 up to as much as £11.67 in rake over a week to qualify. What a rip off! Think sky need to start thinking about their real customers, people that hardly ever play on the site