You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Syndicate Help (and anyone else)

edited June 2017 in Betting Chat
Hi fellow syndicate members and those with "horse" knowledge.

I have my Stag Do this Friday @ Goodwood Races and I need your wisdom.

I have no idea when it comes to the horses and with the obvious alcohol consumption on the day, I would love to have some tips/suggestions prior to help me look like a man that knows his stuff on the day.

Any help would be appreciated and maybe if I win good, the least I could do is make a contribution to Grahams Charity league.

Many thanks in advance ....

Gary - MonkeyGLB

Comments

• edited May 2017
    hi monkey

I'll give you some horses Thursday night, just hope their is a winner or two amongst them.

Cant promise winners and hopefully they will give you a bit of value.

Vaigret
  • edited May 2017
    I am sure that you wont let bad results get in the way of a good day.

I am no expert but as a novice I am doing ok without knowing a great deal about horses.

General advice would be to bet smaller on a couple of horses each race to keep you in with more chances of having a horse in the frame.

If there are 8 horses or more definitely look to place at least one of those bets each way. In say an 8 horse race you are generally getting great value for your bet if the odds are in the 8 to 12/1 bracket, especially if there is a short price favourite.

If there are 16 or more runners then I would back 3 horses and at least 2 each way.

Through your sky bet account you can read all of the Sporting Life content the night before.

Other bookmakers include Racing Post content, or you can always buy the paper in the morning.

Goodwood has a straight course for the 5/6 furlong sprints

A low stall draw is favoured here but it is not a track for front runners so you want horses who have been described as being held up behind the pace and coming through with a late run.

The curved track for 7f and over doesnt appear to have much of a bias for pace or draw (but the racecards will usually claim low draw is favourable).

More detail on the above is available at www.drawbias.com

If it is a jackpot meeting and the syndicate are going for it there will be lots of input from the syndicate members.

Good luck and have a great day/night.

PS If you need any help understanding the above, happy to clarify.

• edited May 2017
    The runners for Friday night's meeting at Goodwood are on www.sportinglife.com now. There doesnt look to be too many runners so I think these must be the final declarations. You can click on the form to see how they've run in the past. The comments from the pundits/experts probably won't be available 'til tomorrow evening, but at least this gives you some idea about what horses are running.
    Mark Johnston's horses are usually worth following at Goodwood.

Good Luck and have a GREAT evening Monkey(Gary)

EDIT:
    It doesn't look like M.Johnston has any runners but Mrs.A.J.Perrett is a very good local trainer(daughter of the great Guy Harwood) who's horses usually run well at Goodwood and are often good prices too.
    There are a couple of very short priced fav's 
    19.10: AUNTIE PAM-ran very well at Chester in a good race, but form doesn't always carry over to other tracks so might be worth taking on. 
    20.40: SHAAQAAF-trained by master trainer J.Gosden-should win but is 4/7 meaning you've got to put on £7 to make £4 profit 

just an initial HU and hope to update more nearer time
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Syndicate Help (and anyone else):
    The runners for Friday night's meeting at Goodwood are on www.sportinglife.com now. There doesnt look to be too many runners so I think these must be the final declarations. You can click on the form to see how they've run in the past. The comments from the pundits/experts probably won't be available 'til tomorrow evening, but at least this gives you some idea about what horses are running. Mark Johnston's horses are usually worth following at Goodwood. Good Luck and have a GREAT evening Monkey(Gary)
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    +1
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Syndicate Help (and anyone else):
    In Response to Re: Syndicate Help (and anyone else) : +1
    Posted by vaigret
    +2 A BIG FAN OF JOHNSON HORSES. you always get a run for your money.

when i go racing which hasnt been in years i put a bet on like a heinz which is 6 horses so 1 from each race before i go. its 57 bets so careful of stake. i do 50p E.W so if you get say 4 placed you stil get a decent return.

then i just back singles whilst there and if i do all my gambling money atleast ive still got horses in on my heinz.

then whilst im there i have 2 sets of money, 1 for gambling and 1 for drinking. ive seen many a punter spend all his money once had to many drinks by second race which proberly is not a good feeling.

enjoy it ill have a look and hopefully give you a winner on friday morning

congratz 

micky

• edited June 2017
    Thanks for the help and advise ..... and thanks in advance for those checking the form for me ..

Gary
  • edited June 2017
    Hi Gary

I;ve had a look and sorry cant find a real value bet and as for the maidens, your guess is as good as mine.

Here are the ones I like

6.10 PINK RIBBON 11-4- WON THIS LAST YEAR ALBEIT ON 8LB LESS HOWEVER HE WON WITH CHEEKPIECES AND THESE BACK ON FOR THIS. also BEST JOCKEY.

7.40 -SOUTHERN BELLE - 5-2 sprint king trainer and winner last time. surprising trainer running it in this when the horse could run off 2lb lighter from Saturday.

8.10 BALANCING TIME -4-1 Misty for me suggested that Amand Perrett is one to look at here and I agree with this one. Won last time out and horse behind it has won since.

Don't put the mortgage on and GOOD LUCK
  • edited June 2017
    6.10: PINK RIBBON COURSE WINNER 

6:40: FROSTBITE
    yard on fire atm (sorry) 

8.40: ESTRELLADA 
    missed the break completly last time out and yard out of form. i think it will run well at a decent E.W price

hope you have a great time

• edited June 2017
    hope you get to see these Gary...... mind you they will only be any good if some of them win !!!!!

6.10: PINK RIBBON 9so that makes 3 of us)......2nd

TARSEEKH might be a lively e/w outsider but only very small stakes....Last

6.40: SNAZZY JAZZY  though unraced so don't go mad but C.Cox is a very very good trainer and very underrated.......WON @7/1

7.10: AUNTIE PAM odds-on though.....3rd of 3

7.40: SOUTHERN BELLE....4th though reared in stalls and lost all chance  (tho I should tip ISEEMIST really)....2nd

8.10: BALANCING TIME.....4th

8.40: SHAAQAAF (but is 1/3 and not reaaly worth backing £30 on to make £10 profit, and then only if it wins.... which it should.....and it did but @ 1/4

GOOD LUCK and hope you have a great night too....hope you got a winner or two