You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Tikay Android Promo

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat
 Been a few controversial promos lately but just wondered Tikay if you could pass some good feedback to sky promo team about the android tablet giveaway. Thought it was a good promo for the site and players as it encouraged all to play more, so good for sky, unlike a rake race where top prizes out of reach, regular players had a better chance of winning but small stakes players had a shot as well, also encouraged me to play more often as had a new shot at winning each day. Can't see a downside to this one! 

Despite not winning anything in this promo would be happy if something similar ran again in future 

Comments

• ommomm
    edited June 2017
    Absolutely echo this. Gets the balance right for me. Players get rewarded for playing more so stand a better chance of winning a prize but everyone has the opportunity to put their name in the hat.......

And I for one so thanks very much.
  • edited June 2017
    Im a non winning participator  too. Nice promotion.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to FAO Tikay Android Promo:
     Been a few controversial promos lately but just wondered Tikay if you could pass some good feedback to sky promo team about the android tablet giveaway. Thought it was a good promo for the site and players as it encouraged all to play more, so good for sky, unlike a rake race where top prizes out of reach, regular players had a better chance of winning but small stakes players had a shot as well, also encouraged me to play more often as had a new shot at winning each day. Can't see a downside to this one!  Despite not winning anything in this promo would be happy if something similar ran again in future 
    Posted by IH8UButler
    I most certainly will.

Consider it done, bud.
  • edited June 2017
    +1 OP.

I was a big fan of the "Golden Tickets" promo when it ran previously, due to the balance between rewarding grinders and giving recs a chance to win something. I think that style of promotion really fits with the kind of player that Sky is looking to attract, i.e. recreational players familiar with the Sky brand, and also encouraging volume from pros and recs alike.

Far better than a conventional rake race in the sense that recs aren't going to decide they can't be bothered because they can't win. Maybe you make slightly more money from a rake race when all the regs sit at the same table and pass blinds, but I think these kinds of promos are better in the long term.
  • edited June 2017
    I agree, we knew we had some chance, all be it small but some chance of winning is better than none.

Good promo.

Ger