You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ratholing on Spin up tables

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat
I just witnessed a player take £15 off a table and then rejoin with £2 again, is this allowed or a bug being exploited?

To make the thread a bir lighter what are everyones worst hit and run stories?

Comments

• edited June 2017
    If someone did that to me on a spinup table I would rub my hands with glee.

Surely the best opportunity to make money on a spinup table is when you are the big stack?

Surprised it is possible though, I would never do it but I don't recall ever seeing it happen either.
  • edited June 2017
    Only way Sky 'should' be able to rathole is if they're the last player at the table and they stand. The system basically treats this as the table closing then reopening again, as though the two games are totally unrelated.

As for HnR stories, nothing about individual guys, not that I'd remember them because it's been like a year since I played any (non-Zoom) cash anywhere. I've seen my fair share of guys doubling then snap leaving, or leaving because a weaker player left. But tbh, those aren't something I give any thought to. Not worth tilting at someone doing something they're entitled to do (by standing) whilst I've got a dozen tables going or whatever. 

Buttoning though, which I guess falls under HnR: I do have a list of guys who will sit me HU, play their button and leave, which I despise because not only is it scummy, it's also costing me a ton of money over time if I don't get to play an equal number of buttons to the other guy. It was so common on here that I got into the habit of unticking auto post HU then deciding whether to play that particular person, rather than just sitting anyone to start a table. I do wonder how many tables never started because recs didn't sit when they saw I was sat out as a result of buttoning... Gotta love buttoners putting making an easy few pence of EV above any kind of morals or caring for the good of the game.
  • edited June 2017
    If you are playing on a tablet and stand for whatever reason like checking the forum it does not give you the chance to sit with your original stack unless you stay on the same page and just rail for a while then you can sit with your original stack 
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Ratholing on Spin up tables:
    Only way Sky 'should' be able to rathole is if they're the last player at the table and they stand. The system basically treats this as the table closing then reopening again, as though the two games are totally unrelated. As for HnR stories, nothing about individual guys, not that I'd remember them because it's been like a year since I played any (non-Zoom) cash anywhere. I've seen my fair share of guys doubling then snap leaving, or leaving because a weaker player left. But tbh, those aren't something I give any thought to. Not worth tilting at someone doing something they're entitled to do (by standing) whilst I've got a dozen tables going or whatever.  Buttoning though, which I guess falls under HnR: I do have a list of guys who will sit me HU, play their button and leave, which I despise because not only is it scummy, it's also costing me a ton of money over time if I don't get to play an equal number of buttons to the other guy. It was so common on here that I got into the habit of unticking auto post HU then deciding whether to play that particular person, rather than just sitting anyone to start a table. I do wonder how many tables never started because recs didn't sit when they saw I was sat out as a result of buttoning... Gotta love buttoners putting making an easy few pence of EV above any kind of morals or caring for the good of the game.
    Posted by EvilPingu

Yeah that really sucks, I have seen a few thread on 2+2 where people have shown how much they have lost from being grimmed. 

Well Sky just so you know it is somehow possible for people to do this and they are exploiting it to take money of the table. Which when playing HU was particularly frustrating.