You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat
Just a warning to anyone who didn't realise (Like me) that they completely changed how Frenzy Tournaments work and turned a good fun tournament sneekily into a giant rake trap without any notice(?).

They used to have rebuys for frenzies rakeless so constantly buying in for 0.1 BB's was bearable because small edge by being all in all the time was mitigated by the one time rake fee, the games where fun and beatable.

Now you pay rake every time you buy in and i'm convinced it's as big a trap as spin up tables now which is sad, dissapointing the direction sky choosing to take their poker with all this spinup table obsession but if people stop playing them maybe sky will notice enough to change them back to what made them popular in the first place... 

Comments

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out:
    Just a warning to anyone who didn't realise (Like me) that they completely changed how Frenzy Tournaments work and turned a good fun tournament sneekily into a giant rake trap without any notice(?). They used to have rebuys for frenzies rakeless so constantly buying in for 0.1 BB's was bearable because small edge by being all in all the time was mitigated by the one time rake fee, the games where fun and beatable. Now you pay rake every time you buy in and i'm convinced it's as big a trap as spin up tables now which is sad, dissapointing the direction sky choosing to take their poker with all this spinup table obsession but if people stop playing them maybe sky will notice enough to change them back to what made them popular in the first place... 
    Posted by SkootaT
    I have raised this with the office.

They assure me that NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

There has always been a 20p fee on Rebuy Frenzy's for the Sunday Major. This has not changed.  

There is no rebuy fee on any other Frenzy Satellites.

Would you care to elaborate on the problem, because based on what the Office tell me, nothing has changed?

It was also noticeable that nobody else came on the thread to agree with you. And you know how it is with poker players - half a chance to have a chunter & they don't usually hesitate......

• edited June 2017
    I have taken the fee off rebuys by the way. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up sooner. We run frenzys because they are popular, not to maximise profits.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out:
    I have taken the fee off rebuys by the way. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up sooner. We run frenzys because they are popular, not to maximise profits.
    Posted by Sky__James

While you are here James.......

There are now NO aipf sats for the Sunday Major and only two left for the Sheriff. For those smaller BR players (who dont play the frenzies) and have not always got the time to play earlier sats, these were a great way to get into the bigger games. Can this be looked into please and either explained why or have some added. Cheers.
  • edited June 2017
    Tournaments have been doing very well recently and all in sats for the Sunday Major cost us money. You say they are good for smaller BR players but half the time they are won by players already entered who play them for the value.
  • edited June 2017
    Tournaments have been doing very well recently and all in sats for the Sunday Major cost us money. You say they are good for smaller BR players but half the time they are won by players already entered who play them for the value.
    Posted by Sky__James

Thanks for the reply. If AIPF sats were costing money for the Sunday Major, that explains why they dont run and we have to accept that decision. As it is now a rebuy, you are mainly attracting the bigger BR players for it anyway.

However, your 2nd point is what I have been trying to say for years.....'sat for cash' players will kill the sats. I will not open that can of worms further but maybe it is time to reassess the whole sat tree set up. Tokens could be the way forward, like other growing sites are now doing with success.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out : Thanks for the reply. If AIPF sats were costing money for the Sunday Major, that explains why they dont run and we have to accept that decision. As it is now a rebuy, you are mainly attracting the bigger BR players for it anyway. However, your 2nd point is what I have been trying to say for years.....'sat for cash' players will kill the sats. I will not open that can of worms further but maybe it is time to reassess the whole sat tree set up. Tokens could be the way forward, like other growing sites are now doing with success.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    That is one hell of a leap lol.

Sky James has just said 2 things.
    1) Those sats consistently get overlay
    2) Those sats are often won by players playing for cash.

How would removing point 2 lower the overlay? It would increase the overlay and make them even less viable for Sky.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out : That is one hell of a leap lol. Sky James has just said 2 things. 1) Those sats consistently get overlay 2) Those sats are often won by players playing for cash. How would removing the point 2 lower the overlay? It would increase the overlay and make them even less viable for Sky.
    Posted by Lambert180

...........I will not open that can of worms further...........
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out : Thanks for the reply. If AIPF sats were costing money for the Sunday Major, that explains why they dont run and we have to accept that decision. As it is now a rebuy, you are mainly attracting the bigger BR players for it anyway. However, your 2nd point is what I have been trying to say for years.....'sat for cash' players will kill the sats. I will not open that can of worms further but maybe it is time to reassess the whole sat tree set up. Tokens could be the way forward, like other growing sites are now doing with success.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    It is a single rebuy and last night had 141 unique entries so it certainly doesn't look like smaller br players have been put off by the change. Sats for cash players allow more sats to run though so tokens wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. Smaller poker sites need to maximise traffic or too many sats will get cancelled.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out : It is a single rebuy and last night had 141 unique entries so it certainly doesn't look like smaller br players have been put off by the change. Sats for cash players allow more sats to run though so tokens wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. Smaller poker sites need to maximise traffic or too many sats will get cancelled.
    Posted by Sky__James

It is a single rebuy and last night had 141 unique entries so it certainly doesn't look like smaller br players have been put off by the change. 

Really?. So cutting sats for it and making it a rebuy doesnt put smaller BR players off. Wow, a big statement that. 

Sats for cash players allow more sats to run

But there are less sats running now, so that really doesnt stand up as a statement either. 

Have you ever thought of going into politics James? ;)
    I will leave it there. Fighting a losing battle with those who are so blind, they cannot see. 

• edited June 2017
    Unfortunately in my experience in the recent Vegas sats saw the cash for sats guys managing to win with suck outs more times than not. It makes getting a seat to the final table more difficult for the dedicated player. Also, loosing in suck outs to the guys who already have seats is 10 times worse.
  • edited June 2017
    The thing with a can of worms is once you open it just a smidgen...
  • edited June 2017
    The only sats to be cut were 3 all in sats. You are acting as if small stakes players don't have a chance now. The sats were booming yesterday as it happens and you are the only one to complain.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out : I have raised this with the office. They assure me that NOTHING HAS CHANGED. There has always been a 20p fee on Rebuy Frenzy's for the Sunday Major. This has not changed.   There is no rebuy fee on any other Frenzy Satellites. Would you care to elaborate on the problem, because based on what the Office tell me, nothing has changed? It was also noticeable that nobody else came on the thread to agree with you. And you know how it is with poker players - half a chance to have a chunter & they don't usually hesitate......  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Okay, so definetly an exaggeration and overdramatisation of the situation. I was annoyed that one of the funnest game types of sky wouldn't be playable for me anymore and was quick to think the worst of sky :P, my bad.

Like James said all the other rebuys don't have rake fee's but for some reason the Sunday Major ones did, It's great news this is changed to be in line with the other ones and apologies for jumping the gun.

Thanks guys.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out : It is a single rebuy and last night had 141 unique entries so it certainly doesn't look like smaller br players have been put off by the change.  Really?. So cutting sats for it and making it a rebuy doesnt put smaller BR players off. Wow, a big statement that.  Sats for cash players allow more sats to run But there are less sats running now, so that really doesnt stand up as a statement either.  Have you ever thought of going into politics James? ;) I will leave it there. Fighting a losing battle with those who are so blind, they cannot see. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Truely do not understand why you ever post on here. Is always same old hypocrotical rubbish seeing as you are a cash for Sats player.... 

Sigh when will.you learn #MaxAllyOut
  • edited June 2017
    Posted by Sky__James
    Is there any sense/chance in putting frenzies on the normal break schedule for MTT's?

I get that they are meant to be quick little burst like sit and goes and they only last 30 minutes, but your in an odd dilema if you want to take a break from a few MTT's your in aswel as play some frenzies.

Just something to consider.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Frenzy Satellite Tournaments - Watch Out : Okay, so definetly an exaggeration and overdramatisation of the situation. I was annoyed that one of the funnest game types of sky wouldn't be playable for me anymore and was quick to think the worst of sky :P, my bad. Like James said all the other rebuys don't have rake fee's but for some reason the Sunday Major ones did, It's great news this is changed to be in line with the other ones and apologies for jumping the gun. Thanks guys.
    Posted by SkootaT
    Good job you did though Skoota 'coz no one else might have noticed. As James said, "he was surprised no one had brought it up sooner"