You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PTP. Tonight, I shall mainly be - James Hartigan.

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Mr Hartigan has gone swanning off somewhere again - Vegas, or the Caribbean, I dunno, he runs so bad - so I've inherited his PTP shift tonight. Yup, I run pretty good, too.......

So, I'll play the 8pm Main Event.

That apart, from 7pm until about 7.50, I'll play the lower limit Omaha Cash Tables, & after the Tourney, I'll gradually move up the Level's on the Omaha Cash Tables. I'll probably stay at each Level, on TWO Tables at a time, for about 45 mins to an hour.

Lets play some pokerz on the internets.

Hope to see some of you later.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Might see you on the Omaha tables. Although i'll be round the GF's house and the internet there is shocking.

Do you play the Omaha tables much in spare time anyway, tk?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP. Tonight, I shall mainly be - James Hartigan.:
    Might see you on the Omaha tables. Although i'll be round the GF's house and the internet there is shocking. Do you play the Omaha tables much in spare time anyway, tk?
    Posted by daveydavey
    When I'm, not "working"? Yes - all the time!

I enjoy Hold 'Em Tourneys, live or Online, but Omaha is what I enjoy most, & have done for 6 or 7 years now.

In "Live" Cash, I have not played Hold 'Em for many years - only Omaha, Stud or DC. There are so many more nuances to Omaha, plus, best of all, the skill factor is ramped up because it's almost always Pot Limit, so the shove-monkeys are all at sea. IMO, of course. ;)

See you tonight. I might look like I'm asleep, as I'm pretty selective as to Omaha starting hands, but I will be awake. Probably.....
  • edited February 2010
    Hi tikay

May I presume you played live yesterday?, and if so, how did you do please?
  • edited February 2010

Hi Barry - I'll reply to that shortly on the "How was it for you last night?" Thread, if you don't mind.

Thanks.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi Barry - I'll reply to that shortly on the "How was it for you last night?" Thread, if you don't mind. Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok tikay thank you :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP. Tonight, I shall mainly be - James Hartigan. : When I'm, not "working"? Yes - all the time! I enjoy Hold 'Em Tourneys, live or Online, but Omaha is what I enjoy most, & have done for 6 or 7 years now. In "Live" Cash, I have not played Hold 'Em for many years - only Omaha, Stud or DC. There are so many more nuances to Omaha, plus, best of all, the skill factor is ramped up because it's almost always Pot Limit, so the shove-monkeys are all at sea. IMO, of course. ;) See you tonight. I might look like I'm asleep, as I'm pretty selective as to Omaha starting hands, but I will be awake. Probably.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    could not possibly agree more,that is why i love omaha
  • edited February 2010

Well the less said about the BH the better. Flopped a set, but it 4-flushed & killed my action. Ran Q-Q into K-K, a bad thing. Ran J-T (what?) into K-K, an even badder thing. Loss = £11.

So, the Omaha Cash.

Opened a 2p-4p Table (Lorient) at 7pm, we had it full inside 2 minutes, sat down with £4, & got up at 7.47 with £12.54. Profit £8.54.

Opened 2nd Table at 7.02, (Ironbridge) full by 7.11, deposited £4, got up with £6.16. Profit £2.16. 

Next up, 2 Tables of 5p-10p Omaha Cash for about 45 minutes, then I'll move up again.

• edited February 2010

The last session did not go too well, & I dropped £25.61, for an overall loss on the evening of around £26. As my school reports used to say "must do better".

The biggest pot I lost during the evening was when I ran a House into a str8 flush I never even saw!

Strangest Pot of the evening? A Gent who pumped it up pre with 7-7-7-x, & hit the case 7. And lost to Quad fives!

Tomorrow, it's the TKO Winners Freeroll, see you there.