You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rules for raising

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat
What are the rules for raising someone wrote a little bit on their thread but I can't find it. I was under the impression that it had to be double the previous bet but it turns out that might not be the case 

Comments

• edited June 2017
    In NLHE...

At least the size of the BB unless your stack is <2 BB's if you are opening.

If someone has already opened then your raise has to be at least the size of increase of the previous bet.

If someone opens and then a shortstack shoves which is less than the previous bet increase then betting is closed to the player who previously raised but open to all players who have not yet acted. If one of these players reraises then betting would additionally be open to the initial raiser once again.

Crude explanation and there will be plenty caveats but that is the generalities of it :)
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: rules for raising:
    In NLHE... At least the size of the BB unless your stack is <2 BB's if you are opening. If someone has already opened then your raise has to be at least the size of increase of the previous bet. If someone opens and then a shortstack shoves which is less than the previous bet increase then betting is closed to the player who previously raised but open to all players who have not yet acted. If one of these players reraises then betting would additionally be open to the initial raiser once again. Crude explanation and there will be plenty caveats but that is the generalities of it :)
    Posted by markycash
    Thanks marky think I got that :-) so if bb is 1000 utg makes it 2000 I can make it 3000 and not 4000 
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: rules for raising : Thanks marky think I got that :-) so if bb is 1000 utg makes it 2000 I can make it 3000 and not 4000 
    Posted by weecheez1

Not quite. You have to make it at least 3000, so anything above that would be fine too.

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: rules for raising : Thanks marky think I got that :-) so if bb is 1000 utg makes it 2000 I can make it 3000 and not 4000 
    Posted by weecheez1
    That is a full raise and you have yet to act so you can make it anything you want :) Your only restriction would be your stack size.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: rules for raising : Not quite. You have to make it at least 3000, so anything above that would be fine too.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks noseybonk I got it now before I thought it had to be 4000 min because it was double utg still learning :-)
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: rules for raising : Thanks noseybonk I got it now before I thought it had to be 4000 min because it was double utg still learning :-)
    Posted by weecheez1
    Yeah it is just the size of increase in the raise that is important. Although the bet is 2000, 1000 of it was mandatory. The other 1000 was the optional increase so you just have to match that if raising or make it as much extra as you wish.