You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How about a Spin Up page on the forum

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat
Hi All,
I like the spin up tables and I would like to imorove my game on them.  It would be good to have a page on the forum dedicated to spin up play.

There is one for cash games, Tournies but not spin up.

If it is such a rake machine then lets have a dedicated page for it and get more people playing it. Think of all that lovely rake sky, come on....

Comments

• edited June 2017
    What is their to learn on a spin up table that doesn't already get learned through general cash games or MTTs?

The stack sizes begin 10bb deep therefore the only real decision is what hands you should and should not shove, you could raise something pre but it will still be all in on the flop. All of this can already be learned through what we do and don't short when short stacked in MTTs

If you were to get a stack 30bb+ you'll now be reverting towards a stategy simular to that of a mid stack in an MTT, playing the hands who's long term value can and/or is made in small pot wins such as premium and semi premium hands. If it's long term value is made through the odd big pot win or fold equity then we would konw it's best to fold because the big value will hardly ever come and fold equity is low due to the amount of short stacks. 

just stick to premium and semi premium hands whilst folding set mining and suited connector hands
  • edited June 2017
    Craig I like your advice, I am going to try it you have helped me a lot thanks very much ;)