You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting (for Tues 23rd)

edited February 2010 in The Shed
Firstly I really wanted to have a bet on the Rotherham/Shrewsbury game tonight but it's just too close to call. The one I did like the look of was over 2.5 goals @ 10/11.

However, tomorrow (mainly) & Wednesday brings more betting opportunities & this is what I've gone for.

Colchester to beat Brentford (H) @ 8/11
Norwich to beat Southend (H) @ 4/9
Swindon to beat Stockport (H) @ 4/9
Bury to beat Morecombe (H) @ 8/11
Rochdale to beat Bradford (H) @ 1/2

The 5 way on this is paying a little over 8/1 & all 5 should be as close to dead certs as you're ever gonna get in the footy world.

Colchester have now got the best home record in the division. Only the top 2 (Norwich & Leeds) have won there this season & it's one of the reasons why they're currently hanging on in 3rd place in the league. Brentford meanwhile, are not so strong away from Griffin Park. They've only won 3 of their 14 aways & lost 8 on their travels.

After Colchester, Norwich officially have the 2nd best home record in the division. Saturdays home reverse against Southampton was always going to be a close call (the main reason I avoided it like the plague!) and there's no way they'll lose 2 at home on the trot. Southend have lost 11 of their 16 away games this season with their last victory on the road coming back in December at Leyton Orient.

Quite why Swindon are not A LOT shorter than this I don't know. I know that 3 of Stockport's 4 victories this season have come on the road but they're up against a Swindon team who have only lost once at home in the league all season (against Hartlepool  back in October).

After a shaky start at the beginning of the season when they lost 4 of their first 5 home games, Bury have been very strong at Gigg Lane. They're unbeaten in their last 10 there, winning their last 6. They even beat league leaders Rochdale there only 3 weeks ago. Morecambe haven't been great on the road having only won 3 from 15. In fact the last of these 3 victories came at the beginning of December when they won 2-0 at Port Vale.

Rochdale are the team I love to back at home this season. They've got the 2nd best home record in the division (only bettered by Chesterfield who have played 1 home game more). They've only lost 3 at home all season with the last defeat coming back in the middle of November when Chesterfield turned them over 3-2. In their 7 home games since then they've won 6 & drawn 1. Whilst Bradford have actually won 3 of their last 6 on the road, it's worth noting that these have come against the bottom 3 teams in the division (Torquay, Grimsby & Darlington). Rochdale also beat them 3-0 in the return game back in December too.

Good luck to all those having a bet. Hopefully I'll have better luck than I did at the weekend.

Jay

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Not had a bet tongiht either but I think Adam Le Fondre @ 9/2 for first and last goal is a pretty decent bet
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (for Tues 23rd):
    Not had a bet tongiht either but I think Adam Le Fondre @ 9/2 for first and last goal is a pretty decent bet
    Posted by 35suited
    And he scores first goal as well bloody typical, knowing my luck he will score the last as well
  • edited February 2010
    Knowing your luck at the minute mate, he`d probably get subbed or injured if you backed him now :(
  • edited February 2010
    A £5 acca on these, odds not great so it pays around £40.

Don't normally back teams over 1/2 as you don't get value but these were the only one's i liked the look of. 
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Colchester v BrentfordMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Colchester @ 8/11  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Leeds v OldhamMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Leeds @ 1/2  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Norwich v SouthendMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Norwich @ 4/9  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Swindon v StockportMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Swindon @ 4/9  
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Bournemouth v BarnetMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Bournemouth @ 8/13
    5 x 4-fold on these £1 a line pays out around £50.
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueMan. Utd v West HamUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 23/02/2010 20:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/2  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipDoncaster v LeicesterUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 23/02/2010 19:45Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1MK Dons v MillwallUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 23/02/2010 19:45Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5  
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Rochdale v BradfordUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 23/02/2010 19:45Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/6  
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Crewe v ChesterfieldUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 24/02/2010 19:45Over 2.5 Goals @ 10/11
    Be lucky

achill
  • edited February 2010
    haha loving the detail that silent bob has gone into!!!

And the bet looks good to me too....

Dnt normally read the explanations, just the selections!!! Gona have a few quid on it!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Right ladies and gents(yeah, you heard me right, i did say ladies. I reckon these betting threads are their favourites, they're just not letting on. Come on girls, get ya tips out for the lads.) we're gonna bash the bookies this midweek, i can feel it.  We've got to really, my new aftershave(Brine by John West) didn't go down that well at the local discotheque so i need to buy a high class brand like Old Spice.  I'm gonna research the tables and form, have a few coffees and then i'll post my accas in a few hours.

Good luck everyone!
  • edited February 2010
    for tonight i am goin with the 3 big guns of europe 7-1 treble.

Barcelona, Bordeux and ... Port Vale!
  • edited February 2010
    Here's my 1st acca:

Barcelona
    Norwich
    Swindon
    Southampton
    Bury
    Rochdale

Barcelona have only lost 1 game away in La Liga this season, Stuttgart have only won 4 in the Bundesliga. The spanish league is a lot stronger and Barcelona are probably the best team on the planet right now.

Norwich have got a great record at Carrow Road and i think they'll show good bouncebackability from the Southampton defeat by hammering a Southend side that has won only 3 on their travels this season.

Swindon are flying at the moment, the partnership of Austin and Paynter has tormented miles better defences than lowly Stockports so i expect them to fill their boots again.

Southampton should be oozing confidence after beating top of the table Norwich at Carrow road so i expect them to notch up another win against a Wycombe side that has a poor home record and is one of the worst teams in the division.

Bury are flying at Giggety Gigg Lane, Morecambe are no mugs but have only won 3 on their travels so i think Bury will edge this one.

Rochdale are the division leaders and deservedly so. Rock solid both home and away, i think they'll have too much quality against a Bradford side that has underachieved this season.

Pays 15/1, should be enough for a bottle of Old Spice and a Happy Meal with the newly single Cheryl Cole. ;-)
  • edited February 2010
    Here's my draw acca:

Olympiakos v Bordeaux
    Doncaster v Leicester
    Scunthorpe v Ipswich
    Maccy Dons v Millwall
    Tranmere v Huddersfield

I'm not giving an explanation for these due to the fact i'm usually way off, just feel it's worth a quid.

Pays 407/1! If this comes in i'll be upgrading to a bottle of Kouros and me and Cheryl will be going for a family bucket at KFC.
  • edited February 2010
    Don't give her the boneless option Quagmire.
  • edited February 2010
    Don't give her the boneless option Quagmire.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Giggety! ;-)
  • edited February 2010
    Here's my completely loco, nutjob looney tune longshot, highly unlikely but you never know:

Man Utd
    Charlton
    Gillingham
    Leeds
    Walsall
    Aldershot
    Stoke
    Sevilla
    Inter Milan v Chelsea Draw

This pays 575/1! No Kouros if this comes in. Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier and Cheryl won't have to sit in a KFC, i will wine her and dine her at a high class eatery like the Little Chef.
  • edited February 2010
    FootballBlue Sq ConferenceLuton v HistonMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Luton @ 1/2  
    FootballBlue Sq ConferenceGateshead v AltrinchamMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Altrincham @ 6/4  
    FootballBlue Sq Conference SouthWeymouth v BraintreeMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Braintree @ 4/6  
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueMan. Utd v West HamMatch Result 23/02/2010 20:00Man. Utd @ 2/9  
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipScunthorpe v IpswichMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Ipswich @ 13/8  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Charlton v BrightonMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Charlton @ 4/6  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Exeter v Bristol RovMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Bristol Rov @ 2/1  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Gillingham v Leyton OrientMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Gillingham @ 11/10  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Leeds v OldhamMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Leeds @ 1/2  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Norwich v SouthendMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Norwich @ 4/9  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Swindon v StockportMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Swindon @ 4/9  
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Wycombe v SouthamptonMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Southampton @ 5/6  
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Bournemouth v BarnetMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Bournemouth @ 5/6  
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Bury v MorecambeMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Bury @ 8/11  
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Rochdale v BradfordMatch Result 23/02/2010 19:45Rochdale @ 1/2

10p on this accumulator returns 570 quid!  but i have a terrible record so its 99% at least one of my picks will have a shocker and go and draw!
  • edited February 2010
    Just a simple little bet tonight.
     Norwich @ 2/5
     Swindon @ 4/9. Pays just over evens. Looks a good evens bet,
    So I'm happy to stick my £20 on it tonight.  Good luck all.
  • edited February 2010

Have put the same bet on as Jay, but couldnt find colchester? Has it been postponed? 

Replaced them with Charlton, still pays above 8/1

Gl all
  • edited February 2010
    Get yourMoney on this bet fellas its a sure thing

Rochdale 1/2
    Bury 8/11
    Norwhich 2/5
    Charlton 4/6
    Leeds 1/2
    Luton 1/2
    Barcelona 4/6

Why is it a sure thing???

Well I just went to back it, but skypoker and withholding my winnings, i can use my money on poker but not sky bet grrrrrrrr.  I withdrew the money I originally put in today and was just playing with my winnings, since I cant get on it its bound to come in!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Have put the same bet on as Jay, but couldnt find colchester? Has it been postponed?  Replaced them with Charlton, still pays above 8/1 Gl all
    Posted by TP_Dohhhh
    Yeah, Colchester's been postponed tonight. Oh well slightly more chance of a 4 way coming in I suppose.

DOHHHHHHH, have you looked in the worth a big blind thread? 
  • edited February 2010
    Gonna Try...

Swindon

Wallsall

Bournemouth

Bury

Rochdale

ManU / West Ham (over 2.5 goals)

Pays just under 20/1.

GL to everyone having a Dash tonight, and if that 7-fold that Gareth has just posted comes in, then I propose a notion for him to be installed as the Chairman of the Jonahs, and I would expect this notion to be uncontested.
  • edited February 2010
    I've just stuck £2 on Bury to beat Eric Morecambe 2-1 @ 8/1. This has been the result in the past 2 meetings between these at two Giggety Gigg Lane so thought i'd have a dabble.
  • edited February 2010
    for tonight i am goin with the 3 big guns of europe 7-1 treble. Barcelona, Bordeux and ... Port Vale!
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Its only took port vale 1 min to go 1-0 up. just gone 2-0 while I'm typing. lol
  • edited February 2010
    lol 35 suited   shows there are no no dead certs in football  and after saints, barca, rochdale, charlton all failing to win shows how annoying betting can be. we have all clearly been shown there are no easy games to call!
  • edited February 2010
    Its all good here my £5 acca has come in and my under/over goals bet will return a small profit if tomorrows game comes in.

Be lucky

achill
  • edited February 2010
    for tonight i am goin with the 3 big guns of europe 7-1 treble. Barcelona, Bordeux and ... Port Vale!
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Sorry for putting one of your selections in my bets, it won't happen again. Please spare my life and i'll change my ways!
  • edited February 2010
    Tonights loosing bet isssssssss

Westbrom
    Villa
    Spurs
    Inter
    Marseille
    Roma
    Liverpool
    Valencia
    werder Bremen
  • edited February 2010
    reading injury time goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all other teams i picked for tonight won!!!!!!