You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Elvis as you have never seen him before.

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat

As anyone who has been to Vegas will tell you, Elvis Presley impersonators are ten a penny over here.

All that is needed is a sequinned white suit (collar turned up) & matching cape, a quiff, & the ability to say "uh-huh" repeatedly, Bruce Atkinson style. (Bruce Atkinson is an old school poker player who does Elvis impressions. I once sat next to him on a plane to Vegas whilst he repeated "uh-huh" for 10 hours straight. It seemed like 100 hours, never mind 10). Anyway, I digress.

Yesterday, I saw a standard Elvis Presley impersonator on the trip, right outside "New York New York". He was trundling along the sidewalk on a........mobility scooter. I kid you not.

Uh-huh.

Comments

• edited June 2017

On Friday I played Big O Cash at The Rio, & amongst my table companions was an 81 year old chap named Berry Johnston.

You might well say "Berry who?", & that's fair enough. His photo is plastered all over the Rio walls incidentally, as he is  past winner of the WSOP Main Event.

In addition he used to - & maybe still does - hold 2 amazing WSOP records.

1) He has cashed TEN TIMES in the WSOP Main Event.

2) He had a 29 year cashing record at the WSOP, having cashed at least once in every WSOP from 1982 to 2010.

I never played between Friday & today, but I swing back into action today & ended up sharing tables with Greg Raymer, another WSOP Main Event winner.

I'm not sure about you, but I love that aspect of poker, that little old us can end up sharing tables with WSOP Main Event champions. It is not as if we have to pay big money to share tables with these guys - today's event was a budget style $365 affair at Downtown Binions.

Incidentally, Greg was wearing his trademark shorts, white socks & open-toed leather sandals. Not sure I've ever seen him dressed otherwise.

Poker icon, maybe, fashion icon, not so much.
  • edited June 2017

Thousands of Brits in Vegas consulted their solicitors today due to the appalling weather - it was cloudy.

The temperature was just over 100f this afternoon despite the cloud cover, but really, it's bang out of order that the sun did not shine.
  • edited June 2017
    It's always kinda funny/sad if you're wandering the Strip early evening, and all the people who have been dressed up as Hello Kitty, Spiderman, Minnions etc are getting changed down a sidestreet in full view of everyone. You realise that parents have been letting their kids have a picture with the local crack addicts.

Watch out for those police woman. They might look legit but I assure you they ain't. One even claimed I'd been a naughty boy and beckoned me over, whip in hand. Feel like I dodged a bullet, or whip.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Elvis as you have never seen him before.:
    It's always kinda funny/sad if you're wandering the Strip early evening, and all the people who have been dressed up as Hello Kitty, Spiderman, Minnions etc are getting changed down a sidestreet in full view of everyone. You realise that parents have been letting their kids have a picture with the local crack addicts. Watch out for those police woman. They might look legit but I assure you they ain't. One even claimed I'd been a naughty boy and beckoned me over, whip in hand. Feel like it was money well spent.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Fixed your post