You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** WHO WANTS TO DO PLACEPOTS AT ROYAL ASCOT? ** ESTIMATED PLACEPOT PRIZE POOLS

edited June 2017 in Betting Chat
no objections from me. a few questions, how much is stake per line?. 
can we get a one off payment in maybe?
would the 3 perm be better or just the 1?

hopeefully on tuesday wed and thursday im not busy (been hectic lately) so will be able to help out abit more 

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Hi all.

I will try and keep this short, so it may lack some strategy explanation.

Royal Ascot is coming up and it is likely the Jackpot will be too tough most days.

We could do PLACEPOTS instead, although clearly there will be no roll over so we need to find an edge elsewhere.

My suggestion is we can get an edge as follows:

1) Adopt a similar three perm strategy that we have been using recently for the Jackpot, using input from Removers and NAP's selections.

2) Statistically in the open handicaps the favourites are over-subscribed in the pool in relation to their odds. People often use the following types of system in theses scenarios.

Whatever the SP of the favourite is subtract 3 off of it. So lets say the favourite is 7/1 7 minus 3 = 4. This means in your Placepot you would NOT have the first 4 favourites in but you'd have the 5th,6th, 7th favourites in instead which are likely to be under-represented in the pool than their odds suggest they should be. As such +ev

If the favourite is 9/2 you round it up to 5 and miss the first two in the betting. etc.

3) Ascot draw bias varies from meeting to meeting, so I suggest we watch the first day and see if any particular trends occur.

4) I then suggest we take a hybrid of the above strategies to create our selections. Not having value from a rollover means that we need to get at least a 26% edge from the strategies above, and with the big open fields at Ascot, I think we may be able to do that.

However, I am aware that this is a "JACKPOT SYNDICATE" not a PLACEPOT Syndicate, so we can only do this if no-one objects.

So please post your thoughts on here.

It could be a way to have some fun at Ascot without the variance being as extreme as it would if we did the Jackpot. I am sure the NAP and REMOVAL selectors would relish the challenge ROYAL ASCOT presents.

It's up to you guys, any objections and we'll just stick to the Jackpot.

Cheers,

G

P.S. I expect the Royal Ascot PLACEPOT prize pools to be around £1,000,000 the first day and 400K there after.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** WHO WANTS TO DO PLACEPOTS AT ROYAL ASCOT? **:
    no objections from me. a few questions, how much is stake per line?.  can we get a one off payment in maybe? would the 3 perm be better or just the 1? hopeefully on tuesday wed and thursday im not busy (been hectic lately) so will be able to help out abit more 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Hi Micky, thanks for the feedback.

In response to your questions.

The minimum stake per line online is 10p.

The amount we stake per line would depend on the perm sizes. It's bankroll dependant, but I am guessing for the first day we try it, a total outlay of around £200-£300

I do think a 3 perm strategy is more +ev than a single perm, but would take ages to explain why. It would also be confusing for many and generate more questions than answers, although I would direct people to the "Multi-Perm Strategy" thread below, as it is also relevant for placepots:

Getting one-off payments from everyone would not work logistically, so we'd have to do it with the bankroll we have.

I would say we'd have a reasonable chance of a return most days, but sometimes that return will be less than our total stake. Although our perm "style" could give us an opportunity to catch a big dividend too.

Cheers,

G
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** WHO WANTS TO DO PLACEPOTS AT ROYAL ASCOT? ** ESTIMATED PLACEPOT PRIZE POOLS IS £1 MILLION PER DAY **:
    Hi all. I will try and keep this short, so it may lack some strategy explanation. Royal Ascot is coming up and it is likely the Jackpot will be too tough most days. We could do PLACEPOTS instead, although clearly there will be no roll over so we need to find an edge elsewhere . My suggestion is we can get an edge as follows: 1) Adopt a similar three perm strategy that we have been using recently for the Jackpot, using input from Removers and NAP's selections. 2) Statistically in the open handicaps the favourites are over-subscribed in the pool in relation to their odds. People often use the following types of system in theses scenarios. Whatever the SP of the favourite is subtract 3 off of it. So lets say the favourite is 7/1 7 minus 3 = 4. This means in your Placepot you would NOT have the first 4 favourites in but you'd have the 5th,6th, 7th favourites in instead which are likely to be under-represented in the pool than their odds suggest they should be. As such +ev If the favourite is 9/2 you round it up to 5 and miss the first two in the betting. etc. 3) Ascot draw bias varies from meeting to meeting , so I suggest we watch the first day and see if any particular trends occur. 4) I then suggest we take a hybrid of the above strategies to create our selections. Not having value from a rollover means that we need to get at least a 26% edge from the strategies above, and with the big open fields at Ascot, I think we may be able to do that. However, I am aware that this is a "JACKPOT SYNDICATE" not a PLACEPOT Syndicate, so we can only do this if no-one objects. So please post your thoughts on here. It could be a way to have some fun at Ascot without the variance being as extreme as it would if we did the Jackpot. I am sure the NAP and REMOVAL selectors would relish the challenge ROYAL ASCOT presents. It's up to you guys, any objections and we'll just stick to the Jackpot. Cheers, G P.S. I expect the Royal Ascot PLACEPOT prize pools to be around £1,000,000 per day.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Yep give it a blast.
  • edited June 2017

I DID'NT REALISE THE PRIZE POOL WOULD GET THAT BIG.

Happy to have a go.

R
  • edited June 2017
    thinking again it could be possible but highly unlikely that all 3 perms come up so awesomeness ��

I'll be doing own placepots and advise others to as well so this be great help to all. pretty certain we can get a profit here. 

• edited June 2017
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** WHO WANTS TO DO PLACEPOTS AT ROYAL ASCOT? ** ESTIMATED PLACEPOT PRIZE POOLS IS £1 MILLION PER DAY **:
       I DID'NT REALISE THE PRIZE POOL WOULD GET THAT BIG.    Happy to have a go.    R
    Posted by zadoc
    Thanks for this R!

It's always big the first day.

I have just checked last year, so need to amend my projection.

Last year it was 1.2mill on the Tuesday, but then went down to 350-400K for the remaining days.

TBH, it matters little if the prize pool is £1 million or 400K, it will never only be won by 1 or 2 units anyway.

I did pick a Placepot up at Cheltenham once that paid almost £11K, (about 45 winning units in a 500K prize pool), so these sort of dividends are not impossible, and can happen if there's a million in the pool or just the 400K.

Also, it is quite probable, if we were to get the Placepot up, that we would double/treble up in some legs.

Cheers,

G
  • edited June 2017
    Happy to go with anything where you see value.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** WHO WANTS TO DO PLACEPOTS AT ROYAL ASCOT? ** ESTIMATED PLACEPOT PRIZE POOLS IS £1 MILLION PER DAY **:
    thinking again it could be possible but highly unlikely that all 3 perms come up so awesomeness �� I'll be doing own placepots and advise others to as well so this be great help to all. pretty certain we can get a profit here. 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Absolutely, the good thing with Placepots is that you can do them for 5p a line, in shop, and 10p a line online, so it's affordable for people to do their own perms too.

Although please don't post your own perms on the same thread as the "SYNDICATE PERMS" as it could confuse people, but by all means post your individual placepots on your own threads.

GL all at Ascot!

Cheers,

G
  • edited June 2017
    No objections leave it up to you chief 
  • edited June 2017

No objections. Hopefully should be fun.
  • edited June 2017
    It seems that all the experts are happy to give it a go.  That being the case, I am also happy.
    Good luck to us
  • edited June 2017
    No objection up to you boss.

• edited June 2017
    Happy to go for it
  • edited June 2017
    If you deem it to be a +ev idea in the long run then its fine with me.