You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL RATINGS

edited June 2017 in Betting Chat

Hi Guys

How or where can i find horses OFFICIAL RATING history. ie to know if it's on the way up or down.

Just watched the 8.30 at Windsor and the winner had dropped 8lb ( the commentator said after it passed the post )

Roger

Comments

• edited June 2017
    In Response to OFFICIAL RATINGS:
      Hi Guys   How or where can i find horses OFFICIAL RATING history. ie to know if it's on the way up or down.   Just watched the 8.30 at Windsor and the winner had dropped 8lb ( the commentator said after it passed the post )   Roger
    Posted by zadoc
    https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/1067092/the-secrets-out

It's the OR column you want. 3rd from right when you scroll down to previous runs. :=)
  • edited June 2017
    On 17th August Farleigh Mac was rated 81, now 73, although will go up again for this win.

FYI. TS is the top speed rating, how fast they ran in relation to the weight they carried and the ground condition and RPR is Racing Post Rating.

Good luck following at the form figures R! :=)

Cheers,

G
  • edited June 2017

Thanks for this Graham.

Would always checkout the horses movement in the ratings? 

• edited June 2017
    Hi Zadoc, usually in the Handicaps you are looking for an improver that is "ahead of the handicapper".

Although, sometimes for various reasons (some genuine, others not so) a horse can slip down the ratings.

This can be for several reasons, some listed below.

1) The horse has got worse
    2) The horse has been unlucky in running (bad draw, getting boxed in etc.)
    3) The horse has been run on ground/course/conditions that don't suit.

To be fair, it looks like Farleigh Mac pulled hard his last two races. One was at Brighton (a course with severe undulations and camber that doesn't suit all) and the other was on the All Weather at Chelmsford, which doesn't suit all.

Clearly he's a bit temperamental as they took him down to the start early.

Usually however, it's the one's that are improving and the handicapper hasn't raised them enough that are often the ones to be on.

However, in the big handicaps, or small handicaps if a punting yard, you often get what they call "plot" horses, which is where a horse has come down the handicap (or up very little) and the owner/trainer have been thinking three moves ahead re getting it to peak for the race they really want to win, when carrying less weight than perhaps it should.

Anyhow, that's my two pennies worth, I am sure some of the others with have their own ideas too.

Cheers,

G
  • edited June 2017
    Another way to see horses Official Ratings (and to boost things thru the SKYBET network) is on www.sportinglife.com which is a great site 'coz you can see the videos of previous races too (though they still don't seem to be able to show videos from Attheraces racecourses) but you can click on the FORM of any horse, or click on the HORSE'S NAME and it will show it's Profile, Lifetime Form, and Official Ratings. 

• edited June 2017

Hi Graham & Misty

Thanks for your thoughts and information, very interesting.

Looks like i will have to get the ' MIDNIGHT OIL ' out to study more.

Cheers

Roger