You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another Interesting one in the 8.10PM at LINGFIELD

edited July 2017 in Betting Chat
ty mate much appreciated

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Hi all.

It's not often I offer tips, mainly because I don't like the idea of people losing money because of my poor judgement, however I do think the 7.40 Goodwood is worth a 2nd look.

An interesting race between Road To Dubai and Gallactic Prince who were 1st and 3rd respectfully in an apprentice race where Gallactic Prince imo gave himself too much to do.

I fancy GALLACTIC PRINCE to reverse the form and if there are still 8 runners at the off then think a decent E/W bet could be good value.

Horses often make fools of people, but I do find it hard to imagine GALLACTIC PRINCE not being in the frame, and I feel it has a good chance of winning.

Of course if that is correct (Big if I accept that, but that's my opinion), then effectively you are almost freerolling the win part of the bet.

Anyhow, play the last run replay of GALLACTIC PRINCE (link below) and make your own conclusions. (The video replay link only seems to work in Firefox for me and not Explorer or Edge)

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/2017-06-16/goodwood/racecard/432463/sussex-roof-garden-handicap

I will probably have a sizeable amount E/W assuming there are still 8 runners at the off.

Duke of Bronte would be a slight concern as he was un-raced as a two year old and has improved remarkably since his first two runs on the A/W.

GL if having a bet.

Cheers,

G
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Interesting Re-match in the 7.40 Goodwood:
    ty mate much appreciated
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

You may not be saying that afterwards, lol.

We'll see.

I think it's good value anyway. :=)
  • edited June 2017
    It is tight,when in doubt ,play safe

Bet Details
    ReceiptO/10151841/0004808
    Bet placed at16/06/2017 19:00
    Bet TypeSingle
    Bet ChannelInternet
    Number of lines12
    Stake per line£1.00
    Total stake£12.00
    Settled12.01

Selection Details
    Class/SportEvent Type EventMarketDateSelectionNotes
    Horse RacingGoodwood19.40 Goodwood Combination Forecast 16/06/2017 19:40Road To Dubai &
    Duke Of Bronte &
    Galactic Prince &
    Twenty Times @ Dividend
  • edited June 2017
    I have Road to Dubai @5/2 and Duke of Bronte @5/1 in my main bets today

I have them with 3 nrs in doubles,trebles and acca

The 5th one lost
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Interesting Re-match in the 7.40 Goodwood:
    Hi all. It's not often I offer tips, mainly because I don't like the idea of people losing money because of my poor judgement, however I do think the 7.40 Goodwood is worth a 2nd look. An interesting race between Road To Dubai and Gallactic Prince who were 1st and 3rd respectfully in an apprentice race where Gallactic Prince imo gave himself too much to do. I fancy GALLACTIC PRINCE to reverse the form and if there are still 8 runners at the off then think a decent E/W bet could be good value. Horses often make fools of people, but I do find it hard to imagine GALLACTIC PRINCE not being in the frame, and I feel it has a good chance of winning. Of course if that is correct (Big if I accept that, but that's my opinion), then effectively you are almost freerolling the win part of the bet. Anyhow, play the last run replay of GALLACTIC PRINCE (link below) and make your own conclusions. (The video replay link only seems to work in Firefox for me and not Explorer or Edge) https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/2017-06-16/goodwood/racecard/432463/sussex-roof-garden-handicap I will probably have a sizeable amount E/W assuming there are still 8 runners at the off. Duke of Bronte would be a slight concern as he was un-raced as a two year old and has improved remarkably since his first two runs on the A/W. GL if having a bet. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    thnx but have to have a little saver on Twenty Times
  • edited June 2017

Good tip mate! I rushed putting my bet on and put it on Duke of Bronte in error.....ooops
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Interesting Re-match in the 7.40 Goodwood:
    Hi all. It's not often I offer tips, mainly because I don't like the idea of people losing money because of my poor judgement, however I do think the 7.40 Goodwood is worth a 2nd look. An interesting race between Road To Dubai and Gallactic Prince who were 1st and 3rd respectfully in an apprentice race where Gallactic Prince imo gave himself too much to do. I fancy GALLACTIC PRINCE to reverse the form and if there are still 8 runners at the off then think a decent E/W bet could be good value. Horses often make fools of people, but I do find it hard to imagine GALLACTIC PRINCE not being in the frame, and I feel it has a good chance of winning. Of course if that is correct (Big if I accept that, but that's my opinion), then effectively you are almost freerolling the win part of the bet. Anyhow, play the last run replay of GALLACTIC PRINCE (link below) and make your own conclusions. (The video replay link only seems to work in Firefox for me and not Explorer or Edge) https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/2017-06-16/goodwood/racecard/432463/sussex-roof-garden-handicap I will probably have a sizeable amount E/W assuming there are still 8 runners at the off. Duke of Bronte would be a slight concern as he was un-raced as a two year old and has improved remarkably since his first two runs on the A/W. GL if having a bet. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    well done Graham, nice profit thnx
  • edited June 2017
    Good tip mate! I rushed putting my bet on and put it on Duke of Bronte in error.....ooops
    Posted by MAXALLY
    LOL
  • edited June 2017
    lol max I've done things like that in past 

I got only a small £5 win on at 4 to 1 but a win a win ty again mate. 
    I'll buy you a pint at a spt 
  • edited June 2017
    WP. Shame I missed it playing poker!

• edited June 2017
    N1 guys, UL Max.

I had it in "MY STABLE" on Sporting Life which I use to track unlucky losers or horses that won with more in hand than it looked.

Wasn't sure at first that it would get to ROAD TO DUBAI, but ran well.

I had a fair chunk on, so very happy. :=)

Well done to those who backed it.

G
  • edited June 2017
    WP. Shame I missed it playing poker!
    Posted by Phantom66

Yeh, sorry was a bit late posting it.

Was going to post it last night (also could get 11/2) and thought better of it.

As I said earlier, I'm not keen on people losing money if my tips go wrong, but then felt pretty confident, so decided to post after all.

Cheers,

G
  • edited June 2017
    Well done Graham
  • edited June 2017
    Well done Graham
    Posted by wynne1938

Thx Wynne
  • edited June 2017
    It is tight,when in doubt ,play safe Bet Details Receipt O/10151841/0004808 Bet placed at 16/06/2017 19:00 Bet Type Single Bet Channel Internet Number of lines 12 Stake per line £1.00 Total stake £12.00 Settled 12.01 Selection Details Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes Horse Racing Goodwood 19.40 Goodwood Combination Forecast 16/06/2017 19:40 Road To Dubai & Duke Of Bronte & Galactic Prince & Twenty Times @ Dividend
    Posted by wynne1938

Well it's a profit I guess :=)

£12.01 was a pretty good dividend to a £1 stake, as if the line of form of their previous race was genuine (as it proved to be), it did look as if it could be a potential match between the two.

Unfortunately, I decided against doing the forecast as I already had enough on.

I'm not complaining, happy with how it turned out, and it's always easy to be wise after the event, but £12.01 for a £1 forecast in retrospect looked pretty decent value.
  • edited July 2017
    Hi all, another unlucky loser has come up via my "My Stable" selections on Sporting Life. I thought it was very unlucky previously, so I added it to my notifications list.

It's called BASSMAH and runs in the 8.10PM at Lingfield today. you can see it's unlucky last run here:

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/2017-07-01/lingfield/racecard/434428/betfair-racing-staff-week-fillies'-handicap

It's up against a decent prospect in EXPRESS LADY, but I think BASSMAH should prevail.

My main bet will be on BASSMAH to win.

Although it may be worth doing a small reversed forecast on the two as well as the single on BASSMAH, as a saver in case they 1-2 the other way around.

Available at 9/4 atm.

GL if you do it.

Cheers,

G
  • edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017
    I did back Express Lady in my earlier bets
    I may do a reverse reverse fc with your selection.
  • edited July 2017
    unlucky 7f  probably  allowed Tai Hang Dragon to completely reverse form with it.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Another Interesting one in the 8.10PM at LINGFIELD:
    unlucky 7f  probably  allowed Tai Hang Dragon to completely reverse form with it.
    Posted by vaigret
    Yeh, sorry guys, was right about the best of the two principles, but Tai Hang Dragon done them both. :=(