You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MY STABLE SPORTING LIFE ONE'S TO FOLLOW

edited June 2017 in Betting Chat
Hi all.

A year or so back I used to watch all the replays of every flat race on mainland Britain A/W and Turf and enter unlucky horses into "My Stable" and also horses I felt won with more in hand than perhaps was realised.

By entering them into "My Stable" I got an email every time they were next due to run.

I would then look at the race card and put into context my thoughts on it's previous run, compared with the task at hand. If I thought it's odds were +ev, I'd back it.

In the end I stopped doing it, as despite showing a reasonable profit, I just couldn't give it the time it needed without reducing my poker schedule more than I was prepared to do.

So I have a suggestion, why don't we share the workload as follows:

1) Have a group of us that look at the replays of one meeting each, each day.
2) Any horses that we feel fit into the "to watch" category we put into our own respective "MY STABLES"
3) When any of us receive an email regarding our respective selections, we individually look at the upcoming race card.
4) If we feel it is a +ev bet we post on this thread, the name of the horse and the time and meeting, along with a link to the Video footage that caused us to put it in "My Stable" anyway.
5) People can then watch the replay themselves and decide if it warrants backing. People will be responsible for their own bets.
6) We have enough work with NAP's and REMOVER league tables etc, so there will be no league tables for this, just a way of hopefully creating some +ev situations for each other.

Having done a process like this myself before I would offer the following advice.

1) Try and look for REALLY UNLUCKY horses or horses that you feel have WAY MORE in hand than their run suggests.
2) Don't select too many, you get 100 max selections, and they can fill up quickly. It's a QUALITY not QUANTITY exercise. If you are adding more than one a day on average, it's probably too much.
3) Only post on this thread if you receive the email from Sporting Life AND have looked at the race card and consider it to be +ev. I would suggest about 25% of your selections should go from email to posting on the thread, if it's much more than that, then quality can start to suffer.
4) Always post the link to the video footage with your comments of what to look out for, so that people can combine your advice with their own opinions.

If you would like to participate in this, please post here, you need to be prepared to "cover" one meeting in it's entirety each day, although in reality there will probably be plenty of days off, if we have enough of us doing it.

Regarding Royal Ascot, with so much going on in the big field races, plus the fact that we'll probably be watching with interest anyway, then I suggest we all cover Ascot and enter our own "HORSES TO FOLLOW" in our respective "MY STABLES"

Let me know if interested in pooling our resources together in this way, and we can then work out of way of assigning the meetings each day/week.

Cheers,

G

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Just as an example. I have looked through the races at York today (Fri 16th June) and the one I have added to "MY STABLE" is "WAR DEPARTMENT" (RED HEADGEAR) which seemed very unlucky in running.

I am not saying I would back it next time, but I'd take a 2nd look at it for sure. (Link below, video replay at the bottom)

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/2017-06-16/york/432496/jigsaw-sports-branding-handicap

I also thought that "EARTHA KITT" won despite a poor start and showing inexperience and could be ahead of the handicapper.

Link below:

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/2017-06-16/york/432497/ebf-breeders-series-fillies'-handicap

These are they types of horses I would enter into MY STABLE and then I would re-assess when notified of it running again.

When/if you feel that the handicapper has "caught up" with a horse, then it is best to remove it from "MY STABLE" to make room for others.

Cheers,

G
  • edited June 2017
    FYI. Once you have added your respective MY STABLE selections, you should see them here:

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/my-stable/selections
  • edited June 2017
    im very interested in doing this. i was thinking of just doing the sprints for myself as time is being limited atm but 1 meeting a day is something i could do.

i enjoy the 5f 6f sprints the most in racing so was just going to watch those daily.

only problem atm i couldnt pick a winner to save my life
  • edited June 2017
    Graham, are you aware that the racing post results section, has a daily analysis of each meeting where they select the STAR PERFORMER AND EYE CATCHER OF THE MEETING>
    I usually put these into my tracker,but it is too time consuming and I tend to miss out most days.
    Although this could be very helpful to you.

Going: GOOD TO FIRM (Going stick 7.4)
    Weather conditions: Fine, dry & blustery
    Wind: Fresh half against
    Stalls: 2yo 6f - Stands' side; 3yo(+) 6f & 1m3f - Centre; Remainder - Inside
    Star performer: Golden Apollo (3.30) won't be handicapped out of things and could land another good prize this summer
    Eyecatcher: Golden Stunner (2.55) lost nothing in defeat having been up with the good gallop and has the right attitude.
    Dividends and spread make-ups
    • Jackpot Not Won. Pool of £12,752.39 carried forward to Sunday 18th June.
    • Placepot £599.80 to a £1 stake. Pool: £229,673.67 - 279.52 winning units.
    • Quadpot £55.50 to a £1 stake. Pool: £12,559.98 - 167.22 winning units.
    • Double racecard numbers 168
    • Favourites index 45
    • Aggregate SPs 46.5
    • Aggregate winning distances 6.25
    Meeting