You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat

As per thread title, the SPT Manchester Satellites will start this Saturday, 24th June.

All qualifiers will be playing Day 1b, which is the SATURDAY. The seat value is £220 & no expenses are included in satellite qualification, just the £220 seat.

All the details are HERE

Comments

• edited June 2017

The Lobby now has an SPT "Tab" to ease navigation, & I daresay the satellites will appear in that Lobby during the next few days.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY:
    The Lobby now has an SPT "Tab" to ease navigation, & I daresay the satellites will appear in that Lobby during the next few days.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Do you just need money to enter, or a loads of points as well?

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : Do you just need money to enter, or a loads of points as well?
    Posted by HAYSIE

Just for you, Haysie lad,

check this out, nowt to grumble about here.

Win a seat worth £220 to Sky Poker Tour Manchester for free! No points requirements, no buy in. Totally for free.

Freeroll Details

DateSaturday 24th June
    Start Time 19:30 (Reg opens at 17:00)
    Buy In£0 (Freeroll)
    Guaranteed Prize Pool                           1x seat to SPT Manchester worth £220.
    SatellitesNo
    TypeFreezeout
    VariantNo Limit Hold'em
    Starting Chips2,000
    Blind Levels 3 minutes
    Late Registration 18 minutes
    RebuysNo
    Add OnNo
     The Freeroll will award 1x entry into Day 1B, which commences at 4pm on Saturday 5th August. There will be no cash alternative for the SPT package won through the Freeroll. So make sure you're available on the 4-6th August before you play.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : Just for you, Haysie lad, check this out, nowt to grumble about here. Win a seat worth £220 to Sky Poker Tour Manchester for free! No points requirements, no buy in. Totally for free. Freeroll Details Date Saturday 24th June Start Time  19:30 (Reg opens at 17:00) Buy In £0 (Freeroll) Guaranteed Prize Pool                            1x seat to SPT Manchester worth £220. Satellites No Type Freezeout Variant No Limit Hold'em Starting Chips 2,000 Blind Levels  3 minutes Late Registration  18 minutes Rebuys No Add On No   The Freeroll will award 1x entry into Day 1B, which commences at 4pm on Saturday 5th August. There will be no cash alternative for the SPT package won through the Freeroll. So make sure you're available on the 4-6th August before you play.
    Posted by ajmilton
    Ive never moaned in my life.

• edited June 2017
    What are the rules regarding winning multiple seats? Is it strictly one seat, or does one get a cash substitute for all subsequent seats after the first?
  • edited June 2017
    What are the rules regarding winning multiple seats? Is it strictly one seat, or does one get a cash substitute for all subsequent seats after the first?
    Posted by FeelGroggy

Steam cloud spotted above Stoke. Not expected to clear for 2 months.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : Just for you, Haysie lad, check this out, nowt to grumble about here. Win a seat worth £220 to Sky Poker Tour Manchester for free! No points requirements, no buy in. Totally for free. Freeroll Details Date Saturday 24th June Start Time  19:30 (Reg opens at 17:00) Buy In £0 (Freeroll) Guaranteed Prize Pool                            1x seat to SPT Manchester worth £220. Satellites No Type Freezeout Variant No Limit Hold'em Starting Chips 2,000 Blind Levels  3 minutes Late Registration  18 minutes Rebuys No Add On No   The Freeroll will award 1x entry into Day 1B, which commences at 4pm on Saturday 5th August. There will be no cash alternative for the SPT package won through the Freeroll. So make sure you're available on the 4-6th August before you play.
    Posted by ajmilton
    The butchers and bakers obviously thought this one out.

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : The butchers and bakers obviously thought this one out.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    I've heard this mention on another thread,
    straight over my head.
    What does it mean? enlighten me, please.

Regards Alan ( plo8 Champ)
  • edited June 2017
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Can I win more than one SPT package?
    Players can only win one SPT package. If you do manage to win another you won't get the cash alternative, but you will get any cash awarded to first place. Second place will recieve the SPT package, and will keep any cash associated with the 2nd place prize.
  • edited June 2017
    Never realised you were working for Sky, AJ. Actually has a ring to it doesnt it Sky AJ.
    Hope they pay you well mate.

Ger
  • edited June 2017

Morning all.

I don't have laptop access for another 8 or so hours (currently 0030 here) so am trying to type this on my iPad, which is a tad awkward.

The question by Groggs and the reply (intended to be helpful) by AJ, aka The Chump, are liable to confuse. The Question AJ answered was not the question Groggs asked.

Groggs asked about winning multiple SEATS.  The answer supplied by AJ referred to PACKAGES.
  • edited June 2017

A PACKAGE is worth £400, and can only be won via the various PROMOTIONS. You may only win ONE package via Promos.

A SEAT is worth £220 and can only be won via SATELLITES. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine the satellites have the normal satellite rules - i.e., players can play satellites for cash. I will confirm that - or not, as the case may be - later today, unless Sam or James do so in the interim

So please be careful not to confuse the rules as to PACKAGES and SATELLITES. They are quite different things.

Note also package winners will play the Friday, whilst Satellite Winners will play the Saturday.
  • edited June 2017
    Yes you can play sats for cash. Just don't win too many of them please!
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : I've heard this mention on another thread, straight over my head. What does it mean? enlighten me, please. Regards Alan ( plo8 Champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    This refers to a thinly veiled, outrageous attack made by Mr Kendal on another thread Waffle" and "ramblings" from Las Vegas.  I will be seeking punitive damages for this attack. I cant believe the audacity of the man.
    I am wrongly referred to as the timeshare salesman, when in fact I only had any involvement with holiday ownership, not timeshare. The general theme of the post was that me, along with the butchers and bakers etc. shouldnt be making any suggestions as we know nothing, and the Sky suits know everything.
    Seem to be changing the starting times on this. Wonder why. Butchers and Bakers maybe. At least they are responding to them on this occasion.
    Maybe the Sky suits dont know everything.

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : This refers to a thinly veiled, outrageous attack made by Mr Kendal on another thread Waffle" and "ramblings" from Las Vegas.   I will be seeking punitive damages for this attack. I cant believe the audacity of the man. I am wrongly referred to as the timeshare salesman, when in fact I only had any involvement with holiday ownership, not timeshare. The general theme of the post was that me, along with the butchers and bakers etc. shouldnt be making any suggestions as we know nothing, and the Sky suits know everything. Seem to be changing the starting times on this. Wonder why. Butchers and Bakers maybe. At least they are responding to them on this occasion. Maybe the Sky suits dont know everything.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Thanks, for the clarification on that Haysie lad. 
    If you know of any deals on a Villa in Spain, do let me know. :-)

Regards Alan (plo8 Champ)
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : Thanks, for the  clarification   on that Haysie lad.  If you know of any deals on a Villa in Spain, do let me know. :-) Regards Alan (plo8 Champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    Mr. Hayes might not know anymore(being RETIRED and all that)..... but i bet he knows a man that does ! (just 1 excl. for TiKay!)

(:D}
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : Thanks, for the  clarification   on that Haysie lad.  If you know of any deals on a Villa in Spain, do let me know. :-) Regards Alan (plo8 Champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    I will.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: SPT Manchester Satellites start THIS SATURDAY : Mr. Hayes might not know anymore(being RETIRED and all that)..... but i bet he knows a man that does ! (just 1 excl. for TiKay!) (:D}
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    He is definitely not keen on multiples.