You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turbo Rake and Hypers.

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat
Has sky ever tried lowering the rake on turbos? Seems odd that afaik pretty much every other poker network ever adjusts MTT rake for turbo's but sky doesn't, seems odd because pokerstars being the most greedy network of all time would probably do the same as sky if it meant more profits so I feel like it could be benefitial for growth etc to lower the rake in turbos no?

Also try some hypers? they are good fun, the only thing i've ever seen was that half match hyper which was far too fast 2 minute blinds or something, with still 10% rake and it probably didn't break the GTD because I haven't seen it since.

What about a 105 turbo on Tuesday or something?

Any of this stuff been tested? With the GTD's of sky MTT's consistantly dwindling and the actually number of MTT's running dwindling I feel like I can get less tables compared to last year perhaps some testing/shakeup should be on the horizon?

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Hypers with better structure than previous like u mentioned would be a good replacement for timed tournies i think.

Its hard to add more games to the schedule.The only real empty slot i can think of is 1pm.Maybe running a 11bh turbo here would work.

Replacing the midday £22bh on sundays and adding a new sunday major in its place would be cool to see.I get why your bigger gtds are all in the evening on week days but looking at all other sites, players are prepared to start their sessions early on sundays if given reason too.
    Midday major, 1pm mini version.

• edited June 2017
    Iv asked a similar question in the past myself. The turbo dym play pretty much the same as hypers on other sites... the rake I think is pretty much if not definitely unbeatable over a large sample. At very best I imagine 0.1-0.8% roi.

To not have a lower roi is madness and i tend to only play then when I need to meet a certain points bracket. Some of the best dym and mtt players on the site are big losers in these games.

Rake should be lowered but I doubt it will be... iv stopped questioning what sky do because it generally tries to do more good than bad.

If the rake was lowered to around 3% I would be 10+ tabling these most nights 

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo Rake and Hypers.:
    Hypers with better structure than previous like u mentioned would be a good replacement for timed tournies i think. Its hard to add more games to the schedule.The only real empty slot i can think of is 1pm.Maybe running a 11bh turbo here would work. Replacing the midday £22bh on sundays and adding a new sunday major in its place would be cool to see.I get why your bigger gtds are all in the evening on week days but looking at all other sites, players are prepared to start their sessions early on sundays if given reason too. Midday major, 1pm mini version.
    Posted by Arrogant[/QUOTE

Woah there...leave the timed tournies alone please :)

Theres' only, like what, 4 or 5 per night? & they do very well, always covering the gtd's easily.
  • edited June 2017
    Hypers with better structure than previous like u mentioned would be a good replacement for timed tournies i think. Its hard to add more games to the schedule.The only real empty slot i can think of is 1pm.Maybe running a 11bh turbo here would work. Replacing the midday £22bh on sundays and adding a new sunday major in its place would be cool to see.I get why your bigger gtds are all in the evening on week days but looking at all other sites, players are prepared to start their sessions early on sundays if given reason too. Midday major, 1pm mini version.
    Posted by Arrogant
    The midday £22bh and the 3pm on Sunday are just about the same as in the week, maybe an extra runner or two. I am sure there would be support for say a £33bh starting at say 2 with maybe a 6k guarantee to start off with.
    It would be good to have a daytime tourney with more than a £500 guarantee.

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo Rake and Hypers. : The midday £22bh and the 3pm on Sunday are just about the same as in the week, maybe an extra runner or two. I am sure there would be support for say a £33bh starting at say 2 with maybe a 6k guarantee to start off with. It would be good to have a daytime tourney with more than a £500 guarantee.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Would like to see this, but £6k would need 200 runners to meet its guarantee-surely that would be a longer-term goal, given the 25-ish runners at that time of day. Could perhaps start at 1.5k/2k, and hopefully work up from there
  • edited June 2017
    this entire thread has been derailed

Turbo Rake and Hypers.
  • edited June 2017
    Do you think hypers would work without antes? And would you want to see them bounty hunter..? Might need to in order to attract initial interest from playerpool but can't help that feel 5bb with no fold equity is not going to be fun. Maybe it would be though! Rebuy would be :)

Continuing with the derail (sozza)...
    Is there a specific reason why 22s (apart from the one that gets 3k chips) have 10min blinds/2k starting stack? 22 bounty hunter with 12min/5k stack would surely blow up at peak time. Maybe that would cannibalise the main though?
  • edited June 2017
    this entire thread has been derailed Turbo Rake and Hypers.
    Posted by Itsover4u
    OP was talking about Turbo MTTs-you changed it to talking about DYMs.

Having said that, I agree both that Sky should try adding a few turbos, and consider reducing rake particularly on TDYMs-agree they are pretty much unbeatable at current level
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo Rake and Hypers. : The midday £22bh and the 3pm on Sunday are just about the same as in the week, maybe an extra runner or two. I am sure there would be support for say a £33bh starting at say 2 with maybe a 6k guarantee to start off with. It would be good to have a daytime tourney with more than a £500 guarantee.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    I wouldnt care if this was a turbo.

• edited June 2017
    Posted by Arrogant
    Sorry for the delayed reply, but I wanted to pick up on that.

The other sites - the global sites (Stars, Party, 888 etc) - all have the benefit of different timezones. Poker is generally a nocturnal recreation, & it's always evening or night time somewhere across the world.

Sky Poker is a Northern Hemisphere site, in fact almost entirely GB & RoI, so they don't have the benefit of global timezones.

I'll certainly send the thread upstairs, but the truth is, traffic is & will always be light at midday here in the UK.

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo Rake and Hypers. : Sorry for the delayed reply, but I wanted to pick up on that. The other sites - the global sites (Stars, Party, 888 etc) - all have the benefit of different timezones. Poker is generally a nocturnal recreation, & it's always evening or night time somewhere across the world. Sky Poker is a Northern Hemisphere site, in fact almost entirely GB & RoI, so they don't have the benefit of global timezones. I'll certainly send the thread upstairs, but the truth is, traffic is & will always be light at midday here in the UK.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Are you seriously suggesting sky wouldn't get the same runners in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday as they would get for a midweek main event?
  • ommomm
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo Rake and Hypers. : Are you seriously suggesting sky wouldn't get the same runners in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday as they would get for a midweek main event?
    Posted by MattBates
    Nowadays I generally work a Sunday so can start playing until 6ish, that's said the days that I'm off I'll usually start a Sunday as early as possible. Would start as soon as a wake up if I could but I think the wife and kids would have an issue with that. Think an earlier tournament is a great idea as ever though it takes the people to support it for it to be a success. I'm sure there is no harm is Sky trying, if it doesn't work out it can always lower gte or cancel it.