You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Giving Skypoker credit

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat

I must admit this post is partly an apology in general, but also something positive I wanted to say.

I've never been a rigged poker poster/believer, but I can be rather moany about things in general when it's going badly (as we all know it can do). However, I've spent a fair time recently going over some different Poker sites (including Sky) and come to the conclusion that this place really does deserve some good credit in comparison to others I know of.

I like the fact that I can play here in a place that is independent (rather than a network). I like Sky as a brand behind that too, in comparison to other supposedly trustworthy virtual creations that exist in poker world. I appreciate the rewards structures put in place (though still find the freeroll times inconvenient there). I find the software and general play very good to be using day to day. Issues like moving money are simple and secure (not always case elsewhere I know). Customer service is one of the best, and even this very forum reflects a recognition of it's players not done elsewhere.

All in all, we all moan about bad luck/variance from time to time, but I have to admit this place has been one of the best places I've found to play from the many sites I've used (and at times moaned about...... :)).

Stu.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Agree

Lots of positives with sky right now.

Would you like to join the groupies? 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit:
    Agree Lots of positives with sky right now. Would you like to join the groupies? 
    Posted by Nuggy962

lol, not exactly sure what that entails, but I guess so! :D

• Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : lol, not exactly sure what that entails, but I guess so! :D
    Posted by swanstu
    You have to try to be first to applaud EVERY new announcement, whether it is regarding playing poker at 4 in the morning on SPTs, or boring stuff about the 2.15 deepstack. You have to post things like WOW, THANKYOU SKY, WE LOVE YOU SKY, YOU ARE BRILLIANT SKY, in the biggest print your device is capable of.
    If another groupie has got there first you can just do A BIG +1, still in the biggest print youve got.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : You have to try to be first to applaud EVERY new announcement, whether it is regarding playing poker at 4 in the morning on SPTs, or boring stuff about the 2.15 deepstack. You have to post things like WOW, THANKYOU SKY, WE LOVE YOU SKY, YOU ARE BRILLIANT SKY, in the biggest print your device is capable of. If another groupie has got there first you can just do A BIG +1, still in the biggest print youve got.
    Posted by HAYSIE

OK, we get it. You don't like people posting in support of Sky Poker in the Sky Poker forum.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : You have to try to be first to applaud EVERY new announcement, whether it is regarding playing poker at 4 in the morning on SPTs, or boring stuff about the 2.15 deepstack. You have to post things like WOW, THANKYOU SKY, WE LOVE YOU SKY, YOU ARE BRILLIANT SKY, in the biggest print your device is capable of. If another groupie has got there first you can just do A BIG +1, still in the biggest print youve got.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    You've crossed a line here. Rainman is a god amongst men. And boring? Your posts are so boring they make my eyes bleed. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : OK, we get it. You don't like people posting in support of Sky Poker in the Sky Poker forum.
    Posted by FCHD
    That is clearly not the case. I like Sky poker. What I was having a pop at in the groupies thread, was the players that support every announcement, however trivial, or wrong, like it was giving them a lottery win.
    Exactly that.
    I have no problem in players supporting Sky for the good things that they do.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : You've crossed a line here. Rainman is a god amongst men. And boring? Your posts are so boring they make my eyes bleed. 
    Posted by SR23
    I wasnt having a pop at rainman, and realise how important the 2.15 deepstack is to him. I hope your eyes get better because it must make it really difficult to see the tables.
    I can hardly contain myself, as I wait with bated breath to read more of your innovative, exiting and motivational posts.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : I wasnt having a pop at rainman, and realise how important the 2.15 deepstack is to him. I hope your eyes get better because it must make it really difficult to see the tables. I can hardly contain myself, as I wait with bated breath to read more of your innovative, exiting and motivational posts.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Cool, I'll get cracking. May even dedicate my next diary entry to you. Peace out. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Guys, lets keep this all LOVE not war please....god I'm going soft these days. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Guys, lets keep this all LOVE not war please....god I'm going soft these days. :)
    Posted by swanstu
    I am always polite and couteous to everyone, and never criticise other peoples posts.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Good evenng all.
    Did someone mention the £2.20 @2.15 deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman215. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : That is clearly not the case. I like Sky poker. What I was having a pop at in the groupies thread, was the players that support every announcement, however trivial, or wrong, like it was giving them a lottery win. Exactly that. I have no problem in players supporting Sky for the good things that they do.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    So why bring it up again in this thread?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : So why bring it up again in this thread?
    Posted by FCHD
    Because he can not help himself 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : So why bring it up again in this thread?
    Posted by FCHD
    Look back I didnt.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Giving Skypoker credit : Because he can not help himself 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Not true, you were the one that brought it up.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Felt like some 'positivity' again on a Thursday morning, so 'bumped' - by the way that's the positive in my OP not the spat that followed, lol :D
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Give SKYBET credit too for some great extra places each way offers, both on Horse Racing and Golf.

10 places on the British Open this week if you put your each way bets on before it started. GREAT OFFER !