You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

abusive players..

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat
whilst playing in the 14.20 deep stack £2.20p on saturday afternoon.i was sitting comfortably with my stack size and
actually enjoying my game.
this was untill i was taken aback at being abused by a one {TOXICRICK}.he started abuseing me by throwing insults my way labelling me as a paeodfile on the chat part of the game.i have asked sky poker to look into this for me but they say that for security reasons they cannot update me on any part of their enquirery and that it takes upto a week too look into.
should i take this further a try for a police investigation.the authorities dont look likely into labelling people sex offender whilst online playing poker..the individual named seems to think it was funny.well i will have the last laugh sir.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    if you,ve reported him to sky he should get a hefty if not a life chat ban or maybe banned from the site altogether for that kind of abuse , i know what i would do , i dont know about getting the bizzies involved tho they would probably do nowt and let sky do their work.
    i would love to meet these people face to face and see what they would say to me personally
  • edited July 2017

Morning mone05.

I'm really sorry to hear you have had a bad experience.

95% - more maybe - of poker players are decent folk. They really are. A handful are complete idiots, bad losers and thoroughly horrible people.

I know you won't agree with me, but really, you should not be over-exercised about this matter. It's Online poker, it's cheap throwaway words. Not a soul on earth believes them, or worries about them.

I don't know the full story here, of course. Theoretically, it's possible you may have taunted your opponent, or slow-rolled him, or whatever. Not saying you did, just theoretically.

I will pass this direct to the Poker Team for you, & if the case is proven, the matter will be dealt with instantly, not within a week.

Please note nobody in Sky Poker or SB&G in this or ANY case will tell you the outcome of the matter & any penalty that may have been imposed. All sorts of Data Protection & Compliance issues are offended, so no, you will not be told the outcome, ever. Effectively, that's the law.

I'm really sorry someone said these things, assuming they did, but please don't get too exercised about it.

Have a great weekend.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: abusive players..:
    if you,ve reported him to sky he should get a hefty if not a life chat ban or maybe banned from the site altogether for that kind of abuse , i know what i would do , i dont know about getting the bizzies involved tho they would probably do nowt and let sky do their work. i would love to meet these people face to face and see what they would say to me personally
    Posted by stokefc
    Correct. Rightly or wrongly, our over-worked under-staffed Police force, their hands full with some dreadful incidents in the UK recently, won't do anything.

And, to be honest, I'd rather the Police were helping keep us all safe than worrying about a few words that have offended us.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to abusive players..:
    whilst playing in the 14.20 deep stack £2.20p on saturday afternoon.i was sitting comfortably with my stack size and actually enjoying my game. this was untill i was taken aback at being abused by a one {TOXICRICK}.he started abuseing me by throwing insults my way labelling me as a paeodfile on the chat part of the game.i have asked sky poker to look into this for me but they say that for security reasons they cannot update me on any part of their enquirery and that it takes upto a week too look into. should i take this further a try for a police investigation.the authorities dont look likely into labelling people sex offender whilst online playing poker..the individual named seems to think it was funny.well i will have the last laugh sir.
    Posted by mone05

As others have said, done 100% right thing in reporting. Rare to come across people like that. Thankfully, sky deal with these loosers quick and proper.

Do not let it bother you anymore. Move on and be happy in knowledge, depending in full story and wirds sais, will not hear from them again 

• edited July 2017
    if you,ve reported him to sky he should get a hefty if not a life chat ban or maybe banned from the site altogether for that kind of abuse , i know what i would do , i dont know about getting the bizzies involved tho they would probably do nowt and let sky do their work. i would love to meet these people face to face and see what they would say to me personally
    Posted by stokefc

thank you stokie

• edited July 2017
    Morning mone05. I'm really sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. 95% - more maybe - of poker players are decent folk. They really are. A handful are complete idiots, bad losers and thoroughly horrible people. I know you won't agree with me, but really, you should not be over-exercised about this matter. It's Online poker, it's cheap throwaway words. Not a soul on earth believes them, or worries about them. I don't know the full story here, of course. Theoretically, it's possible you may have taunted your opponent, or slow-rolled him, or whatever. Not saying you did, just theoretically. I will pass this direct to the Poker Team for you, & if the case is proven, the matter will be dealt with instantly, not within a week. Please note nobody in Sky Poker or SB&G in this or ANY case will tell you the outcome of the matter & any penalty that may have been imposed. All sorts of Data Protection & Compliance issues are offended, so no, you will not be told the outcome, ever. Effectively, that's the law.   I'm really sorry someone said these things, assuming they did, but please don't get too exercised about it. Have a great weekend.
    Posted by Tikay10

thank you mr kendal.yes theoreticaly i am have never been abusive to anybody.this player has bought shame unto himself.but thank you anyway sir..jenny
  • edited July 2017
    i remember way back when when i first stared playing internet poker and the nieve side of me didnt realise that that sort of abuse when on i was told in a £1.10 dym by one of my opponents that he hoped i would die of cancer (god alone no's what he would have said if it had been a £33 dym).This was just after a friend of mine had actually died of cancer so it was still close to my heart.After he got knocked out i started to canvas the other players at the table there views on what he had said.and almost unanimously the other players at the table thought there was nothing wrong with what had been said and it was just poker so now i just try and laugh it off as i rake in there chips.
  • edited July 2017
    Hate reading this kind of post. People need to realise it costs nowt to be nice, and this game we love/hate at times, should, at the end of the day be a bit of fun. Keep smiling people.
  • edited July 2017
    i remember way back when when i first stared playing internet poker and the nieve side of me didnt realise that that sort of abuse when on i was told in a £1.10 dym by one of my opponents that he hoped i would die of cancer (god alone no's what he would have said if it had been a £33 dym).This was just after a friend of mine had actually died of cancer so it was still close to my heart.After he got knocked out i started to canvas the other players at the table there views on what he had said.and almost unanimously the other players at the table thought there was nothing wrong with what had been said and it was just poker so now i just try and laugh it off as i rake in there chips.
    Posted by subzero1
    This must've been a particularly awful (& fairly rare) table you were at. 99.9% of players are decent folk & never give anyone abuse at the tables. As others have said on the thread, just report the idiots to sky customer service & they'll do the rest.
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by subzero1
    You can pretty much guarantee that anyone who makes such a comment is barely old enough to play online as they obviously haven't had anyone close to them suffer from cancer. I can pretty much laugh off most online abuse but I tend to snap back on that one.
  • edited July 2017
    Hate reading this kind of post. People need to realise it costs nowt to be nice, and this game we love/hate at times, should, at the end of the day be a bit of fun. Keep smiling people.
    Posted by onejohnb

thank you for your reply john.x

• edited July 2017
    Posted by subzero1

thanks for your reply to this post subzero.not nice being called these kind of names and haters on here once caught out should be banned altogether,.??,,thank you.