You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A player disconnects

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat
When I first started playing online (many years ago) if a player disconnected during a game,I would use my time bank/take my time to try and give them time to reconnect.
I don't do that anymore, the reason for that is, taking the players chips when they disconnect is the only fair way to play,because we all have the same chance of disconnecting,so long term it evens itself out.
More so if there are a few players at the table,using a time bank or playing slow to let disconnected player return ,could be costing other players at the table,especially if they are low stacked with the blinds ready to go up,and players are trying to help out another player (could even be classed ad cheating)
So in my opinion,taking a disconnected players chips is the only way to play the game online fairly,what's you guys take on this?

Comments

• ommomm
    edited July 2017
    Personally I like to play as fair as possible, I have no issue if a player doesn't try and wait for a disconnected player to get back in the game but I feel more comfortable giving them that opportunity. Do not think there is a right or wrong answer for this just personal preference.

Interesting subject, has this happened recently to you?
  • edited July 2017
    It happens to all of us and is part of the risk of playing online.

Personally, I raise as fast as i can and have no problem with stealing blinds, especially in the DYM games I play where the profit margin % is so thin

• edited July 2017
    Will give the player a reasonable amount of time to get their connection back.

I've been heads up in MTTs before when they've lost connection and I've limped the button and tanked every street to give them as much time as possible to return. Sometimes it gets to the point where its apparent they ain't coming back, but it's a courtesy I'd appreciate should it happen to me so I also do the same.

Naturally, if I was HU with Nuggy then I'd be mashing raise quicker than Theresa May says 'strong and stable'.
  • edited July 2017
    Don't play that many MTT's and cant recall this ever happening as don't make many FT's! Think it would be fair to time down on the button before raising as the site doesn't allow much time if you disconnect,  but wouldn't be limping in and timing down each street. Would be happy if someone did the same to me would be expecting them to insta raise
    Outside a HU situation would just play normally as the disconnected player will have more time between hands anyway
  • edited July 2017

Do as thy would be done......
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: A player disconnects:
    Do as thy would be done......
    Posted by Tikay10

Your games in Vegas attract a lot of old people.

How quickly would you raise if half the table fell asleep? A live disconnection if you will.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: A player disconnects : Your games in Vegas attract a lot of old people. How quickly would you raise if half the table fell asleep? A live disconnection if you will.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I already raise at least once every hour, (I play a lot looser here in Vegas) so any more would be taking liberties.

A few nights ago I raised TWICE in two hands. Incred really.

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: A player disconnects : I already raise at least once every hour, (I play a lot looser here in Vegas) so any more would be taking liberties. A few nights ago I raised TWICE in two hands. Incred really.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Table will view you as a young aggro European.
  • edited July 2017
    Will give the player a reasonable amount of time to get their connection back. I've been heads up in MTTs before when they've lost connection and I've limped the button and tanked every street to give them as much time as possible to return. Sometimes it gets to the point where its apparent they ain't coming back, but it's a courtesy I'd appreciate should it happen to me so I also do the same. Naturally, if I was HU with Nuggy then I'd be mashing raise quicker than Theresa May says 'strong and stable'.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

**Cough** yeah, ok....

:D
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: A player disconnects : **Cough** yeah, ok.... :D
    Posted by goldnballz

Fold.
  • edited July 2017
    I'll probably take some stick here, but as someone who plays a few HU sng's i come across disconnected players quite often, & HU some players are gona feel pretty bad about stealing the other guys chips.

I'm not ashamed to say almost always I raise until they are back - the exceptions being if its someone I know IRL or if its someone I've been playing a few games in a row with.

On the odd occasion my internet has gone down during HU, I've never come back to an opponent who hasnt stolen the blinds - which I'm completely fine with & would expect nothing else.