You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

BBC's 'The One Show'....7pm tonight Live in Perranporth

edited July 2017 in Betting Chat
Hi Everyone

Just to say BBC's 'The One Show' is doing a Summer Special live from our beach (and probably the PUB on the Beach - 'The Watering Hole') at 7pm tonight here in Perranporth.

Martin Clunes (Doc Martin & Men Behaving Badly) and the band 'The Kooks' are on.

Got to relate it to betting so .... " I bet I won't be down there ".... but the Mrs. & 2 of my daughters are. 

Might be worth a look between races from Kempton, just to see why I live here !!!

Best wishes

JEZ (:D}

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Was there last summer and spent most of the day in that pub as the weather was awful!

On a good day I could see why you live there.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I was there a couple of years ago and I was racing my small son down a steep road(think it was Cliff Road) and I tripped over the kerb and fell about 20ft (well it seemed like that) anyway Im lying down this gully thinking Ive broke my ankle my wife and son are having a great laugh, It took me about an hour to get back up to the road, the only thing that was hurt was my pride, straight back to the car raging, not talking to anybody, that was all I saw of Perranporth
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It's a shame you've not had good experiences here. 
    If you saw last night's show, you can see how nice it can be, especially in the evening sunshine and when 'The Kooks' are playing live on the beach. If anybody watches the programme on catch-up, they are playing at the end of the show. My Mrs. is the blonde haired woman with big sunglasses, dancing with a drink in her hand (as usual), and Misty and Tegan, my daughters, both got their phones signed by the lead singer. They had a wonderful evening and wouldn't shut up about it, especially when they saw themselves on TV
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    You may have misread my post Misty as I had a great time there, the weather didn't spoil it for the kids as they went body boarding with their uncle whilst my wife and I had a few drinks. I would definitely visit there again.

I watched the show last night but will have to watch again on catch up to see if I can spot your wife and kids.