You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Problems with the Download Client

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat
Anybody else had problems getting the client to run after a recent Windows 10 update?

These 2 were automatic updates yesterday and now the client won't run.

• 2017-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025376)

• 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025342)

It just gets stuck in Loading CM Menu... and never actually opens.

I spoke to support on the site who told me the best suggestion he could offer would be to uninstall the updates and I did that but still not working.

Also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the SkyPoker download and Flash separately but again still no good?

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017

I believe there was a problem last week when trying to use firefox. Windows could possilbly be the same? Chrome was working ok this week. The software isnt great on here at times.

Someone more tech might be able assist you better, but try using Chrome to see if that works.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Problems with the Download Client:
    I believe there was a problem last week when trying to use firefox. Windows could possilbly be the same? Chrome was working ok this week. The software isnt great on here at times. Someone more tech might be able assist you better, but try using Chrome to see if that works.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a little confused however as I'm not trying to access the site and play directly through the browser I'm trying to use the downloadable client?

Should that have any bearing on what browser I'm using?  (Yes I am using Firefox as by default browser usually btw)

Thanks
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Problems with the Download Client : Hi Thanks for the reply. I'm a little confused however as I'm not trying to access the site and play directly through the browser I'm trying to use the downloadable client? Should that have any bearing on what browser I'm using?  (Yes I am using Firefox as by default browser usually btw) Thanks
    Posted by LexLuthor

Right sorted.

I downloaded Chrome and set as my default browser and it worked fine.

Thanks mate
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    No won't work now no matter what I do.

The problem seems to be something to do with Flash Security.

Whenever I try to load the download client it just gets stuck in the Loading CM Menu phase and never opens.

Can somebody from Sky please help as I'm starting to get really annoyed with this now?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    No won't work now no matter what I do. The problem seems to be something to do with Flash Security. Whenever I try to load the download client it just gets stuck in the Loading CM Menu phase and never opens. Can somebody from Sky please help as I'm starting to get really annoyed with this now?
    Posted by LexLuthor
    Hi Lex,

I'll pass this directly up to the office & see if someone can assist. However, its the weekend & the "right" guys in the Poker Team may not be available until Monday. I'll ty though. The tech guys work 24/7 of course, but I have no access to them.

Apologies for any inconvenience.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Try live chat mate or else just play on the browser itself. They'll suggest you delete cookies probably
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I had the same problem, I deleted it and downloaded it again and its working here.
    Hope you get it sorted.

Ger
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    No won't work now no matter what I do. The problem seems to be something to do with Flash Security. Whenever I try to load the download client it just gets stuck in the Loading CM Menu phase and never opens. Can somebody from Sky please help as I'm starting to get really annoyed with this now?
    Posted by LexLuthor

Uninstall both the app and flash and start again?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Problems with the Download Client : Uninstall both the app and flash and start again?
    Posted by jimb0d1
    I did that and it worked.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Posted by LexLuthor

Mr Luthor

The DC uses Adobe Air rather than the Flash module (which the browser uses).

Have you tried removing Adobe Air & the DC and then re-installing?

*edit - my DC is actually doing the same as yours (I don't normally use it, just tried it out of interest). I'm working most weekend so probably won't get chance to have a proper hack at it, but give the above a go if you haven't already.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ^ had a spare 5 mins so tried uninstalling AA/DC and reinstalling - didn't work for me. Still sticks at Loading CM. More hacking required!

*edit - additional info added further down the thread!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Problems with the Download Client : Mr Luthor The DC uses Adobe Air rather than the Flash module (which the browser uses). Have you tried removing Adobe Air & the DC and then re-installing? *edit - my DC is actually doing the same as yours (I don't normally use it, just tried it out of interest). I'm working most weekend so probably won't get chance to have a proper hack at it, but give the above a go if you haven't already.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

I have had problems at times with air, I had to reinstall my OS (mac) and when I downloaded air it wouldn't run regardless of what I tried, read up about it and it appears to be something to do with input language, eventually I plugged in an external drive, opened an old saved version, copied it onto desktop and it worked. No idea why but it did. :-0.

Not sure if you have an old save that you could use perhaps?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Last time my DC got stuck at CM it was something to do with security options in Internet Explorer. Some things needed clicking in and some things needed clicking out, apologies I can't be any more helpful than that but it might jog someone's memory!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ^ had a spare 5 mins so tried uninstalling AA/DC and reinstalling - didn't work for me. Still sticks at Loading CM. More hacking required!
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Actually I've just restarted my PC and now the DC is working fine (I didn't do that after removing/reinstalling AA/DC)

What I don't know is if a simple restart would have fixed mine in the first place (my machine runs 24x7 and is hardly ever restarted), or if the restart AND the reinstall has sorted it.

Lex should try the remove/reinstall AA/DC and restart to see if it helps.