You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

week challenge

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi, im going to be doing a week in which i will see how much i can win/lose from £100 in a week, starting from today i will use £100 to play in cash/stt's and mtt's. the max i will use in a cash game is 10% so .05/.10 to start with, and 20% tournies e.g. £5 dym.

i will play from 4pm - 12pm with a break at 7 for an hour each day. Apart from saturday and sunday as i play cricket but the weather forecast is terrible so i may get a chance to play at the weekend. Im not going to set a target as i dont want to feel that i need to reach this target.

I will start today and finish next friday with the £55 bounty hunter (if i qualify for it) ill keep this thread updated after everyday.

see you at the tables.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Sounds good mate. Best of luck. You should play 'Wedding Bells' later £5 to enter :)

Normal BRM advice is 5% of roll for cash (100x bb) (so2/4p or there abouts on the £100).... but I guess this way you may build a bit quicker. :)

Dave
  • edited July 2009
    i really dont have the 'interest' to play really low stakes, i usually play .25/.50, thats my level but the lower levels i have like 5 callers of my 5x big blind raise :( ive taken some hefty bad beats already, people calling with like k-10 against my a-k and win. seems the lower stakes u have to raise more pre-flop
  • edited July 2009
    ive been coolered twice so far also j-j vs 4-4 on a dry board, he hit another 4, and q-10 vs 44 i had 2 pair and they had a set

i have entered your tournament, only 5 quid, so im fine :)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: week challenge:
    ive been coolered twice so far also j-j vs 4-4 on a dry board, he hit another 4, and q-10 vs 44 i had 2 pair and they had a set i have entered your tournament, only 5 quid, so im fine :)
    Posted by hurst05
    Hi M8

I think Tikay is playing some cash games tonite
    Should be some good value there, good luck with the challenge
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    I've been looking to do this for a while. It's a good idea if your up after the week ends.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: week challenge:
    ive been coolered twice so far also j-j vs 4-4 on a dry board, he hit another 4, and q-10 vs 44 i had 2 pair and they had a set i have entered your tournament, only 5 quid, so im fine :)
    Posted by hurst05
    I know what you mean about the calling on low cash tables. I guess it is relative to the monetary value to call. 8p to see theflop etc etc.... good luck later :)
  • edited July 2009
    just wnated to say 'good luck' - try the double your money sit n goes - great way to boost your bankroll
  • edited July 2009
    i was knocked out of an open satellite with A-A against K-K so i dont think ill be playing that tourny, im in 'wedding bells' and both of the mini view tournies along with the community freeroll. I may enter into the £500 guaranteed deepstack but this wont be with the £100 as i really enjoy this tourny and dont want to see it go, i want to support it.