You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Some miserable beggars play on here :)

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat
The £2.20 BH is the worst culprit for none-social, rude and bad mannered players.
The times I have seen arguments go on long after a player has gone out of the tourny.

I actually laugh that a player that has been ejected is calling the remaining player(s) donks and fish and the rest.
But trying to strike up a friendly conversation is nye on impossible.

I don't venture above the £5,50 BH (it's not as bad there) but I wonder if it's like that at higher stakes?

The other day was a classic. It was getting close to the bubble on a very aggresive table.
For the first time I can remember, I flopped a Royal Flush (Hearts)
I hoped the aggressive play would continue and it did.

3 players had caught a piece of the action (i imagine) and were raising and re-raising.
I slow played (what would you do?) and went with each raise.
Of course the river helped them all and there were 'all ins' all round.
My beautiful RF cleared the table (well 3 of em) and mortally wounded 2 others.

Was there any NH in the speech box - er no. Was there any vitriol from the knocked out players - oh yes.
'RF and you check you fish' etc. Sky got a bashing too - rewarding the worst players and such.

£2.20 guys - you'll still manage the rent if you lose.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    You should see the chat on the free play tables...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    If you want cuddly chat, head over to the PLO variants, they celebrate Christmases round each others houses.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
     A lot of players think they know eveything , They must sit in their living rooms wearing hoodies with poker stickers all over them and sun glasses thinking they are professionals, you play some hands right some hands wrong if you take the pot down thats all that matters,  if people cant take losing they shouldnt gamble.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :):
     A lot of players think they know eveything , They must sit in their living rooms wearing hoodies with poker stickers all over them and sun glasses thinking they are professionals, you play some hands right some hands wrong if you take the pot down thats all that matters,  if people cant take losing they shouldnt gamble.
    Posted by rabdeniro
    you can see me?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, I get it, money is involved..but it would be nice wouldn't it if we could have a friendly Poker community where people just get along and accept what happens to them on the table as being part of things? Having said that, you only have to look at social media and the comments section under news articles to see how nasty people really are (or can be) under it all.

That's fine. Crush them at the tables and laugh at their comments. If they want to go on tilt..then I would be rude not to help them along ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The Sheriff is one of the genuinely most polite/friendly tournaments I think. Maybe because it's small reggy field so a lot of the players know each other?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Do you get a bit of abusive chat on Sky? Yes! Is it worse than all the other sites? No!

I definitely see significantly less abuse on Sky than on some other sites.

I would agree that it can be worse on some of the lower buy in tables. Sometimes the folk on the lower tables are more financially challenged and therefore the money means more to them and they can get bent out of shape a bit more easily. There certainly are loads of friendly folk too though.

I would be very surprised if there are many poker sites in existence where the chat doesn't contain comments along the lines of "this is so rigged" and "the site looks after certain people". When people lose consistently at poker there are 2 general conclusions people can come to... (a) Their own game could be better (b) Outside factors are to blame such as the site being rigged. 

The players capable of accepting point (a) may refine their game and become a winning player. The players who cannot accept option (a) may blame the site, other players, the colour of their socks or whatever and will find it much harder to improve their game. These will generally be the players venting in chat.

If you are looking to make money then this chat usually provides valuable information. If you are looking to have a good time then block the person from your chat or ignore them.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Do you get a bit of abusive chat on Sky? Yes! Is it worse than all the other sites? No! I definitely see significantly less abuse on Sky than on some other sites. I would agree that it can be worse on some of the lower buy in tables. Sometimes the folk on the lower tables are more financially challenged and therefore the money means more to them and they can get bent out of shape a bit more easily. There certainly are loads of friendly folk too though. I would be very surprised if there are many poker sites in existence where the chat doesn't contain comments along the lines of "this is so rigged" and "the site looks after certain people". When people lose consistently at poker there are 2 general conclusions people can come to... (a) Their own game could be better (b) Outside factors are to blame such as the site being rigged.  The players capable of accepting point (a) may refine their game and become a winning player. The players who cannot accept option (a) may blame the site, other players, the colour of their socks or whatever and will find it much harder to improve their game. These will generally be the players venting in chat. If you are looking to make money then this chat usually provides valuable information. If you are looking to have a good time then block the person from your chat or ignore them.
    Posted by markycash

Full Tilt HU tables were unreal...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Do you get a bit of abusive chat on Sky? Yes! Is it worse than all the other sites? No! .....

blah, blah, blah.

yadder, yadder.

..... ignore them.

Posted by markycash

hi mark, FYP

;-)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    If anyone can handle abuse it's me. All it takes is a childhood life being bullied and you'll learn to combat it. 

"craig your such a chicken"

"actually i'm a ape, chickens are a species of bird"
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : Hi Mark, FYP. ;-)
    Posted by aussie09
    Similar sentiment to the post you "accidentally wrote" then deleted on my brief Facebook post to the Sky group with the dates/times of the OH8 league 2 nights ago. The one about "deleting everything I have ever written" being better for everyone.

Thankfully my fragile feelings were not hurt as you explained this was simply a mistake because you are "not an expert with Facebook".

As I have never been anything other than polite to yourself or even posted on your threads recently I am sure this comment is also just a bit of banter. So I will join in the fun and FYP too. :)

It is a good thing I am not of a paranoid disposition though and can take the comments the way I am sure you intended them to be taken.

Hope everything is going well with the site Rob and GL at the tables.

All the best,

Mark
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : Similar sentiment to the post you "accidentally wrote" then deleted on my brief Facebook post to the Sky group with the dates/times of the OH8 league 2 nights ago. The one about "deleting everything I have ever written" being better for everyone. Thankfully my fragile feelings were not hurt as you explained this was simply a mistake because you are "not an expert with Facebook". As I have never been anything other than polite to yourself or even posted on your threads recently I am sure this comment is also just a bit of banter. So I will join in the fun and FYP too. :) It is a good thing I am not of a paranoid disposition though and can take the comments the way I am sure you intended them to be taken. Hope everything is going well with the site Rob and GL at the tables. All the best, Mark
    Posted by markycash
    hi mark

please be totally sure that my comment on your thread the other day was a mistake.  it didn't even make sense, whatever it was, as i was adding a post to my thread and added it to yours in error.  hence the apology and deletion.  i can't even remember your thread.  anyway, please no need for paranoia or thoughts of banter, it was neither... just insufficient care before clicking go.

my reference here refers back to your essay posts weeks back which went on and on.  and on.  i recall your response about your tutor urging you to be more concise.

anyway, listen to me, rambling on.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Ever been involved in road rage incidents, Mark?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

i just went and found your thread on facebook.  in respoonse to my post you answered that you didn't understand.  and my subsequent note to explain why it made no sense.

ps.  ah, look now, troll#2 is on the thread.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Ever been involved in road rage incidents, Mark?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Nah Harry I am more a get from a to b in relaxed manner type. 

In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :):
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : hi mark please be totally sure that my comment on your thread the other day was a mistake.  it didn't even make sense, whatever it was, as i was adding a post to my thread and added it to yours in error.  hence the apology and deletion.  i can't even remember your thread.  anyway, please no need for paranoia or thoughts of banter, it was neither... just insufficient care before clicking go. my reference here refers back to your essay posts weeks back which went on and on.  and on.  i recall your response about your tutor urging you to be more concise. anyway, listen to me, rambling on.
    Posted by aussie09
    No worries Aussie, all good. I am sure you meant it in the spirit you state.

In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :):
    ps.  ah, look now, troll#2 is on the thread.  
    Posted by aussie09
    A touch curious who troll#1 is.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : Nah Harry I am more a get from a to b in relaxed manner type.  In Response to  Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : No worries Aussie, all good. I am sure you meant it in the spirit you state. In Response to  Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : A touch curious who troll#1 is.
    Posted by markycash

troll#1 will find it difficult not to post.  we'll see.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : troll#1 will find it difficult not to post.  we'll see.
    Posted by aussie09

You're right, he struggles to make it to the last quarter without trolling.

You show him Aussie, we're all behind you.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : troll#1 will find it difficult not to post.  we'll see.
    Posted by aussie09

Is it not trolling attempting to try to antagonise someone in to posting who hasnt even commented on the thread?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : You're right, he struggles to make it to the last quarter without trolling. You show him Aussie, we're all behind you.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ah, still hanging on to your hidden agenda troll#2.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    huh..why is this getting out of hand..no need
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    huh..why is this getting out of hand..no need
    Posted by stokefc

Are you troll#1?

Just couldnt resist popping in could you ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ha possibly but i can still post :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017

there are many sky poker players who know that there is a core handful of trolls who have hounded many off this forum.  the numbers here have dwindled because of these few.  this has been happening for extended period of time.

so many who used to post have now been chased away by the handful. 

this will continue until someone in authority says to them that it is not ok.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    there are many sky poker players who know that there is a core handful of trolls who have hounded many off this forum.  the numbers here have dwindled because of these few.  this has been happening for extended period of time. so many who used to post have now been chased away by the handful.  this will continue until someone in authority says to them that it is not ok.  
    Posted by aussie09

Post of the year, +1.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    there are many sky poker players who know that there is a core handful of trolls who have hounded many off this forum.  the numbers here have dwindled because of these few.  this has been happening for extended period of time. so many who used to post have now been chased away by the handful.  this will continue until someone in authority says to them that it is not ok.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Looks your goading has worked
    Here I am

Tell me, who are these former posters that have been hounded off the forum?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I would agree that it can be worse on some of the lower buy in tables. Sometimes the folk on the lower tables are more financially challenged and therefore the money means more to them and they can get bent out of shape a bit more easily. 
    Posted by markycash

Think this is nail on head. People ranting for hours about losing £5 are probably needing it a lot more than most, otherwise why bother getting wound up. 

• Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : Think this is nail on head. People ranting for hours about losing £5 are probably needing it a lot more than most, otherwise why bother getting wound up. 
    Posted by swanstu
     I used to see it years ago in the local bookies, lines get flung on the ground, walls getting punched, wages done in, having to borrow money for rent , food, whatever, then the next week a few winners, think your a king, buying drink in the pub like its goin out of fashion, take the girl/wife out for nice meal, thats gambling, youve got to be able to handle the ups and the downs.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Some miserable beggars play on here :) : Think this is nail on head. People ranting for hours about losing £5 are probably needing it a lot more than most, otherwise why bother getting wound up. 
    Posted by swanstu

Not "financially challenged" enough to avoid spunking money on a poker site though.