You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Who won the WSOP Main Event?

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat

Blumstein?

The IRS?

John Hesp?

All of us?

Have a read
HERE & then comment.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Good read sir hope the American players have creative accountants I think it's mental that they ban online poker but have no problem taking big chunks of the players winning's. As for showing your hands never I am not good enough to give people extra info for free. Playing with a smile no problem but it is getting harder. Did you return fro Vegas in the black both in cash and health ? 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Who won the WSOP Main Event?:
    Good read sir hope the American players have creative accountants I think it's mental that they ban online poker but have no problem taking big chunks of the players winning's. As for showing your hands never I am not good enough to give people extra info for free. Playing with a smile no problem but it is getting harder. Did you return fro Vegas in the black both in cash and health ? 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Financially, I've not finalised my accounts yet, but it's quite complicated.

in MTT's I spent, I think, around $11,000 & got back 4 cashes worth a total of about $8,800, so down a couple of thou, though I sold half my action, so I probably lost about $1,000 overall. (Might be slightly more or less, not done the numbers yet).

In cash, I was around $3,000 ahead, but I never sold any cash action so that was all mine, so to speak.

Aside from that though, I spent a lot of money. Gill & I flew up the West Coast to Portland, then on an Amtrak Sleeper which went down to San Francisco, finally flying back to Vegas, & whilst she was there I booked a nice hotel room as I wanted Gill to have the best. We did all the tourist stuff, too. 

I hired a car, too, so that came to a few bob. Add in the cost of lattes, burgers & choc ices & I probably ended down a good few bob. Had a wonderful time though.

Health wise I put on a load of weight which is a bad thing for me right now. I had a hospital appointment yesterday, & they were generally pleased with my progress, but the "big" hossie date is next month, when I go for an echocardiogram.  I'm sure it'll be fine.   
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Who won the WSOP Main Event?:
    In Response to Re: Who won the WSOP Main Event? : Financially, I've not finalised my accounts yet, but it's quite complicated. in MTT's I spent, I think, around $11,000 & got back 4 cashes worth a total of about $8,800, so down a couple of thou, though I sold half my action, so I probably lost about $1,000 overall. (Might be slightly more or less, not done the numbers yet).   In cash, I was around $3,000 ahead, but I never sold any cash action so that was all mine, so to speak. Aside from that though, I spent a lot of money. Gill & I flew up the West Coast to Portland, then on an Amtrak Sleeper which went down to San Francisco, finally flying back to Vegas, & whilst she was there I booked a nice hotel room as I wanted Gill to have the best. We did all the tourist stuff, too.  I hired a car, too, so that came to a few bob. Add in the cost of lattes, burgers & choc ices & I probably ended down a good few bob. Had a wonderful time though. Health wise I put on a load of weight which is a bad thing for me right now. I had a hospital appointment yesterday, & they were generally pleased with my progress, but the "big" hossie date is next month, when I go for an echocardiogram.  I'm sure it'll be fine.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    good luck tikay with with your echocardiagram.....

.....echocardiagram