You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

My Bets for the coming football season!

edited July 2017 in Betting Chat
Interesting read - am surprised by your assessment on Lincoln.

So many times you see teams promoted from the National League do really well and I would have thought they were solid contenders for promotion so it will be one to watch.

Good luck with the bets!

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I did this last year as a way to track my results as much as anything, have had far less time to prepare this season, and therefore have found less bets than i expected to, but hopefully its quality over quantity, i may add a few more after the transfer window closes and the first rounds of games are played. Feel free to post any bets you have had as well or any reasoning you have for particular bets, i wont post my reasoning behind my bets as that would disengage most people who read this but if you ever want my thoughts on anything then feel free to comment....

PREMIER LEAGUE

Too early for me to place much but there are a few bets i love in the "top scorer for their team" market. 

Ince Hudderfield 10/1 £100
    Coutinho Liverpool 12/1 £100
    Okaka Watford 6/1 £50

Most assists
    Trippier 66/1 £20
    Fabregas 10/1 £50

CHAMPIONSHIP

Toughest league to call this season imo so just a couple of e/w top scorer bets for me so far

Sharp 66/1 £25ew
    Vaughan 50/1 £25ew

LEAGUE 1

Much more i like here, including a bet I placed nearly 2 months ago (bury) although all the rest were placed today so prices should still be available

Bury winners 66/1 £50ew
    Charlton promotion 5/1 £50
    Doncaster relegation 6/1 £50
    Cox top scorer 25/1 £25ew
    Magennis top scorer 25/1 £25ew
    Proctor top scorer 100/1 £25ew

LEAGUE 2

Notts County winner 22/1 £25ew
    Lincoln relegation 40/1 £30 (wanted £50 but Sky werent having it)
    Dennis top scorer 50/1 £25ew

Expenditure £900
    Returns ?????

I havent bothered with the National league this year although i may add a couple throughout the season if there are any angles i like.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: My Bets for the coming football season!:
    Interesting read - am surprised by your assessment on Lincoln. So many times you see teams promoted from the National League do really well and I would have thought they were solid contenders for promotion so it will be one to watch. Good luck with the bets!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

i was very impressed by Lincoln, for me Danny Cowley is the best manager in the league and i wouldnt be surprised if he is soon managing a lot higher, When he left Braintree they soon got relelgated, when he left Concord Rangers they were soon relegated so my hope is he Leaves early in the season and then i would expect them to struggle.... if it was 20/1 i wouldnt have taken the risk but at 40/1 i just thought it was too good to ignore. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    lincoln impressed me last season the most, im a daggers fan and the league was really bad last year, a few decent teams with lincoln being the best footballing team easily. that was before there cup run aswell. they have also made some very good signings with a young maggy drew on loan will bag 10 goals from the wing. imo they dont go down.

as for national league obviously im going to say daggers as we have bought very well and held on to our 2 stars but tranmere will be decent organised outfit with a big budget.
    orient will struggle 
    boremwood for play offs should be a decent bet
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    lincoln impressed me last season the most, im a daggers fan and the league was really bad last year, a few decent teams with lincoln being the best footballing team easily. that was before there cup run aswell. they have also made some very good signings with a young maggy drew on loan will bag 10 goals from the wing. imo they dont go down. as for national league obviously im going to say daggers as we have bought very well and held on to our 2 stars but tranmere will be decent organised outfit with a big budget. orient will struggle  boremwood for play offs should be a decent bet
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Cheek will score a lot of goals for you. we had him at Braintree last season and i fully expected to see him playing in League 2 this season. I was tempted with him as top scorer at 14/1 but the price was just a little bit too short to take a punt on considering hes at a new club. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Do you let bets run, or cash out at points through the season?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Do you let bets run, or cash out at points through the season?
    Posted by MrWh1te[/QUOTE

95% of the time i will let them run, you are nearly always getting a bad deal on the cash out offer, if a player gets injured or something major happens and im able to cash out before the bookie has time to alter an offer then i would likely do it, other than that il just let them run and cross my fingers
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    biggest certainty is Crystal Palace to get relegated 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ok cheers 

by cash out, i meant trade out too, but thats ok, you answered my question :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Crystal Palace and Burton to get relegated singles and double

Aston Villa to win championship

Bury to win League One- jumping on the bandwagon
    Colchester to win League Two

Singles doubles and treble
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    2 more added today, both in the most prem assists market

Trippier 66/1
    Fabregas 10/1
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hey mate. what sites can I find the "top goalscorer for team" market.
    cheers
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hey mate. what sites can I find the "top goalscorer for team" market. cheers
    Posted by gonedoggin

365 and Skybet, big differences in prices between those sites whichmake the markets look appealing
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Gr8 thread Jordz - With so many transfers going on its hard to keep up with who,s playing for who and have lost touch with it a bit so will trust your judgement with the tips - Just wish i could get the prices you always seem to get - GL

I,ll also keep my bets on here so i can keep track of them - 

Premier Leaugue

Top Scorer

Marcus Rashford  43/1 £5 win  

Sadio Mane   97/1   £5 win

Assists

Kieron Trippier  66/1  £5 win

Eden Hazard  20/1  £8 win

Championship 

Aston Villa to win  10/1  £20 

Top Scorer 

Billy Sharp  66/1  £1.33 win

Ashley Fletcher  66/1  £8 win

League 1 

Bury to win  33/1  £7.72  

Bury to get promoted  9/1  £12.50

Charlton to get promoted 6/1  £10

Top Scorer

Jamie Proctor 100/1  £2 EW

Simon Cox 22/1  £10 win

League 2 

Luton to win 8/1 £10

Notts County 22/1  £10 win

Top Scorer

Kristian Dennis 50/1 £5 win

Danny Hylton 12/1  £7 win

Doubles

Blackpool to get relegated 15/8 and Man Utd to win Prem 9/2   £10  

Blackpool to finish bottom 6/1 and Bury to get promoted 9/1  £10

Trebles 
    Blackppol to get relegated 7/5 / Luton to get promoted 33/20 / Burnley to get relegated 13/10 - £10 

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Gr8 thread Jordz - With so many transfers going on its hard to keep up with who,s playing for who and have lost touch with it a bit so will trust your judgement with the tips - Just wish i could get the prices you always seem to get - GL I,ll also keep my bets on here so i can keep track of them -  Championship   Aston Villa to win  10/1  £20  Top Scorer   Billy Sharp  66/1  £1.33 win Ashley Fletcher  66/1  £8 win League 1   Bury to win  33/1  £7.72   Charlton to get promoted 6/1  £10 Top Scorer Jamie Proctor 100/1  £2 EW Simon Cox 22/1  £10 win League 2 
    Posted by MP33

Oddschecker is your friend
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Don't forget your Jesus bet ;)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Don't forget your Jesus bet ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I'll be honest I had completely forgot about that, I also did a small e/w acca of City, Villa, Bury and Luton to win their leagues which i forgot to add too.