You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

top two put under pressure deep

Seeing the hand might help ;)

Comments

• edited February 2010
    so i have no reads on villain, so just assume hes weak tight as hes not been playing wildly or doing anything noticablely dumb that ive picked up on. I was torn between 3betting flop and just calling, i decided to call because im pretty sure hes not getting it in with a flush draw on this flop and i can get more value from weaker hands. I didnt think he was particularly weak though. So i figured best to re assess on turn and river.
  • edited February 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    v Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £534.90
    joseph1972 Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £198.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

offshoot Raise   £8.00 £11.00 £392.63
    YIPEEYAPEE Call   £8.00 £19.00 £185.00
    GliterBabe Fold        
    v Call   £7.00 £26.00 £527.90
    joseph1972 Call   £6.00 £32.00 £192.00
    Flop

• K
    • J

v Check        
    joseph1972 Check        
    offshoot Bet   £24.00 £56.00 £368.63
    YIPEEYAPEE Fold        
    v Raise   £48.00 £104.00 £479.90
    joseph1972 Fold        
    offshoot Call   £24.00 £128.00 £344.63
    Turn

• Q

v Bet   £128.00 £256.00 £351.90
    offshoot Call   £128.00 £384.00 £216.63
    River

v All-in   £351.90 £735.90 £0.00
    offshoot?
  • edited February 2010
    any info on villan?
  • edited February 2010
    i am getting it all in on the flop after his min raise, its not AA,KK,QQ or JJ it might be 66 but my fav for this has to be A10 spades. the way its played i have to fold on the river. 
  • edited February 2010
    As played I fold vs weak tight player on river and I think it's close on turn, you're competent so if you actually analyse hands villain has that you beat when he bets river I only see hands like Q10s with previous aggression and I don't give a weak tight credit for turning this into a bluff or other combos like A6s/67s/98s which are unlikely with how the hand has gone.
    You only hold a bluff catcher now as I see it, he's not value shoving worse ever which is why I probably fold turn allbeit it looks nitty I don't give weak tight players credit for pulling this sh*t off unless I've been continually bullying them on the table.

• edited February 2010
    yeah i was actually involved in another hand on another table which actually gave me only a few seconds to decide what to do on turn, with more thought i would have probably folded. He just isnt bluffing here ever when he bets that much on turn i dont think, im basically hoping he just checks the river if i call.
  • edited February 2010
    i think you really had to re-raise his raise on the flop to really find out where you are, if id have to put him on a hand i would say a set of 6's, purely because he showed no preflop aggression, which rules out AA KK QQ JJ, the way he played the flop suggests to me that he wanted to get more money in without scaring you away, he obviously didnt know you had flopped 2 pair but if he re-raised big on the flop you may fold top pair etc. on the turn the Q brings a possible straight along with the flush so hes getting a little more worried to what you have so he puts in a very big pot sized bet, river bet looks massive but its a similar bet to the turn, he figures youve called him on the previous streets so he can get maximum value by going allin?????? i would be really suprised if he had a-10 here, tough hand for sure, i take it you eventually fold?
  • edited February 2010

Why wouldn't you shove the flop?
  • edited February 2010
    i dont think shoving the flop is such a good idea, offshoot has 392 behind whilst villain has 527, so both are very very deep stacked, no point getting lairy, the only thing thats going to call him is KK JJ 66 all in which he is getting beat by, AA may call him but if he had aces he would have re-raised the flop as you dont want 4 players in the pot. but i think it would be silly to put 392 quid into a pot of 104.00 especially as the villain is playing it so cute, if you re-raise the flop you may get to know where you are but its that catch 22. are you pot comitted with 2 pair when you have re-raised the flop!?
  • edited February 2010
    Well by shove I mean raise again....lol
  • edited February 2010
    Re raise the flop folds out anything worse hands apart from draws you are close to 50/50 with. Only hands he shoves with this deep are Q10s which is favourite, A10s/AQs which is 45/55, 66 where you're crushed and maybe 109s but unlikely which is also 45/55. So you're flipping or crushed everytime and sometimes he even has JJ here so raising flop back is bad and raising to "find out where you are" is even worse. 
    Much prefer his flop line and then calling turn again if no Ax Qx 10x or spade comes because villain's range is so polarized and has such good equity vs us.
  • edited February 2010
    This is gross spot, fold river. I like how you played it.
  • edited February 2010
    I actually like the flop call a lot. You don't really want to be having to call it off this deep when there are so many straight/flush combo draws that leave you with 50% equity or marginally better or leave you crushed with the miracle 666. It is often a good idea to take a card off here and bet big on a blank turn card to chop down his implied odds. A lot of players never fold these big draws on 4th street when they should when they don't stand a chance of getting payed off if they hit the river. 

I think the mistake you made was calling the turn. As played I fold river.