You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Orf With His Head!

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

I'm stationed on the site tonight, chancing my arm at the 8pm Doublestack- my favourite tournament right now on Sky Poker- and generally trying to make some money on the 10p/20p tables.

Finished about £20 up a fortnight ago, then £20 down last week.

So, basing my estimation on a possible pattern in those last two figures, I predict that I should turn a £20 profit this evening. Yes, yes, I know- highly scientific...

Look forward to seeing you later on the tables. And I hope you enjoy whatever you enter tonight.

Hmm, that last sentence might benefit from some re-phrasing on grounds of decency...

Comments

• edited February 2010
    hi rich just wanted to say hi and bye really ive enjoyed my time on this site but you can prob seem my disscussions on here today ive just trowen in the towel so one day i hope to be back on here playing u and tikay (ps say hi from me will u to tikay and lisa)
    so bye for now
    simone
  • edited February 2010

Want a Double-or Nothing Last Longer prop bet in tonight's DoubleStack jobbie Rich?

If so, tell me what you fancy, propose to me, so to speak.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi Rich

I will, at some stage come and an... torme.... rail you ;), good luck m8
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head!:
    hi rich just wanted to say hi and bye really ive enjoyed my time on this site but you can prob seem my disscussions on here today ive just trowen in the towel so one day i hope to be back on here playing u and tikay (ps say hi from me will u to tikay and lisa) so bye for now simone
    Posted by sim75

Thanks Simone, shame to see you go but I understand you'ver had a bad run at the tabes. Definitely take a break though and then hopefully you'll come back fired up as ever and the cards will fall your way too )

It happens to everyone- I followed up a sequence of 13 cashes in a row in Double Your Money SNGs to a similarly long losing sequence. And I hadn't changed a single thing about the way I played them!

So chin up! And hope to see you back soon!
  • edited February 2010
    Want a Double-or Nothing Last Longer prop bet in tonight's DoubleStack jobbie Rich? If so, tell me what you fancy, propose to me, so to speak.
    Posted by Tikay10

Simple bet.

If you lose, then on Saturday night's show in the opening chat you have to announce to the viewers without a hint of irony, that Richard Orford is a better poker player than you.

And similarly, if I lose...oh, what's the point in spelling that out? It's not going to happen anyway.

Deal?
  • edited February 2010
    Hi Rich I will, at some stage come and an... torme.... rail you ;), good luck m8
    Posted by acebarry10
    Some might say that watching me play poker is a form of torment Barry, so you're a brave man. See you later...

;)
  • edited February 2010
    I'll try and get a seat Rich, so I can tear you up.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head! : Some might say that watching me play poker is a form of torment Barry, so you're a brave man. See you later... ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Lol, Im tormenting myself enough at the moment ;), whats happened to FV? :(
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Orf With His Head!:
    Hi all, I'm stationed on the site tonight, chancing my arm at the 8pm Doublestack- my favourite tournament right now on Sky Poker- and generally trying to make some money on the 10p/20p tables. Finished about £20 up a fortnight ago, then £20 down last week. So, basing my estimation on a possible pattern in those last two figures, I predict that I should turn a £20 profit this evening. Yes, yes, I know- highly scientific... Look forward to seeing you later on the tables. And I hope you enjoy whatever you enter tonight. Hmm, that last sentence might benefit from some re-phrasing on grounds of decency...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Based on an estimation of "Averages" I'm sorry to tell you that means you will only break even this week - that's if your lucky and I don't join the table lol.

I will see if I can pop on Rich in-between the mountain of deepies i'm playing Tonight. GL m8
  • edited February 2010
    That's it Rich I'm there.... action station Chirpy!

Gotta have the heart to call the 3rd bullet lol
  • edited February 2010
    Ready and waiting for all-comers on Table Timperley 10p/20p.

Type RICHORFORD into 'Find A Player' (or should that be 'Find A Payer' in this case?) and say hello or, better still, play!

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Orf With His Head!:
    Finished about £20 up a fortnight ago, then £20 down last week. So, basing my estimation on a possible pattern in those last two figures, I predict that I should turn a £20 profit this evening.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Using my knowledge of trend analysis, i.e. none, you should end £60 down tonight?
  • edited February 2010
    Wel, Machka- so far, so bad, for your prediction ;)

The end of my first hour on the 10p/20p table has seen a ROI of 28%!

£5.57 up as I head into the 8pm Doubelstack to try and last longer than Tikay!
  • edited February 2010
    Hey, it's no prediction, I'm just following the numbers, 20, -20, -60, the numbers don't lie!
  • edited February 2010
    Your stil in the double stack...Well played!
  • edited February 2010
    and Tikay is out.
  • edited February 2010
    Ty Bza.

Yes, glad tidings reach me that of a 387 runner field, Tikay finished in the classic darts position...

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHHHHHHTYYYYYY!!!!!

I'm still in- but it's been a desperate battle of survival rather than a gentle cruise so far.

Currently 100th/137
  • edited February 2010
    Tikay,

Hope you're busy preparing your speech for Saturday night's show...
  • edited February 2010
    And so is Rich, unluckily
  • edited February 2010
    Tikay, Hope you're busy preparing your speech for Saturday night's show...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I've been rehearsing the words, but it's not easy.
  • edited February 2010
    Out in 125th! So, so close to a massive double-up. I was all-in with pocket nines and got called by A-10 and then managed to negotiate my way through the flop + turn staying in front.

Then of course came the dreaded 10 on the river and I was down to a chip and chair.

The very next hand with 27 chips more than 1 BB- I picked up K-10 on the button, automatically went all-in and obviously got called by the blinds.

The flop came K-2-x

The treble up was looking good.

Turn 2
    River 5

Pretty good for K-10. UNLESS you're opponent in the BB has 2-5, that is!

Right- a break for me then back to the 10p/20p tables!

• edited February 2010
    Right- I'm ready for Round 2

Just opened up Stanraer 10p/20p.

And I'll there till midnight.

With my DoubleStack entry factored in, I'm currently £4.53 down on the night.

SO that's my first target. To try and get through 5 hours of poker without it costing a penny.

Anything beyond that is a bonus!
  • edited February 2010
    Well, my second session ended with a £2.62 profit.

Which means overall for the night I posted a loss of £1.91. I can live with that.

So, that's £20 up in Week One, £20 down in Week Two and £2 down in Week Three.

In other words- I'm £2 down after 15 hours of poker! You can easily put up an argument to say that's rubbish OR that's excellent!

Cheers for the company from the railers and players tonight and I'll see you all next on Saturday night for Mastercash at 8pm with Tikay as the big man fesses up to my poker brilliance live on air.

Well, come on, he did lose the bet!
  • edited February 2010
    Well, my second session ended with a £2.62 profit. Which means overall for the night I posted a loss of £1.91. I can live with that. So, that's £20 up in Week One, £20 down in Week Two and £2 down in Week Three. In other words- I'm £2 down after 15 hours of poker! You can easily put up an argument to say that's rubbish OR that's excellent! Cheers for the company from the railers and players tonight and I'll see you all next on Saturday night for Mastercash at 8pm with Tikay as the big man fesses up to my poker brilliance live on air. Well, come on, he did lose the bet!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Bet?What bet? I have no recollection of a bet?

Can you prove it? Was there a Forum Post in which I agreed to it?

Sorry Rich, but I need proof.

• edited February 2010
    As this was a double or nothing bet Rich is also absolved from wearing the sacred burgundy jacket to Luton...Nicely won there Rich!

Unlucky Uncle Teek...but then again you DID win TKOI & II so can't complain too much...lol

x
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head! : Bet?What bet? I have no recollection of a bet? Can you prove it? Was there a Forum Post in which I agreed to it? Sorry Rich, but I need proof.
    Posted by Tikay10
    OMG- he's actually deleted his post agreeing to the bet!

Are there no depths to which this man won't stoop to ensure he never loses at poker????

That's it then,  no burgundy jacket at Luton unless Tikay pays his dues!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head! : OMG- he's actually deleted his post agreeing to the bet! Are there no depths to which this man won't stoop to ensure he never loses at poker???? That's it then,  no burgundy jacket at Luton unless Tikay pays his dues!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Didn't you get a screen dump or other permanent record of his post?
    I thought that you would know Tikay well enough to know that you should "quote" his post at the time so that he was unable to rewrite history.

P.S. For a small fee, I'm sure that I can photoshop something that looks convincing.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head! : OMG- he's actually deleted his post agreeing to the bet! Are there no depths to which this man won't stoop to ensure he never loses at poker???? That's it then,  no burgundy jacket at Luton unless Tikay pays his dues!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Lol @ Tikay...the man really is an underworld genius mastermind!!!!!

Unlucky Rich, it looks like the old guy has done you over good and proper...AGAIN :o)

x
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head! : I've been rehearsing the words, but it's not easy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can this be used as evidence of agreement?

x
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head! :  OMG- he's actually deleted his post agreeing to the bet!  Are there no depths to which this man won't stoop to ensure he never loses at poker???? That's it then,  no burgundy jacket at Luton unless Tikay pays his dues!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Pwned by the forum veteran!!!