You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    i'm up for the challenge,i will only count dym sit and goes and keep a record for the next month to see how i am doing started at £5 dym omaha played one won one,bankroll = £104.50 and counting........gl all...ps if i win a mtt main event i'm off this year!! (for side events)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone?:
    In Response to Re: £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone? : Tony, I know you love a challenge, so if you have done it once - you can so it again!! Come join us!!
    Posted by dylan12
    I would love to do it again, I am determined to make it to Vegas,one way or another. But back then it seemed really easy,my sharkscope showed $15k profit between March and November 2008,all from tournies and sit and goes. But it also shows that I have been inconsistent since then,with no real progress. Either my game has got much worse or the rest have got much better !!!!
  • edited February 2010
    The cheapest flights I can find just now are about £500 return 1 stop, £650 return no stops, rooms can be about £20-35 pppn up to £160 pppn.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone? : I'm not good at reading people... Well any player looking to get to the WSOP needs to have an 80% success rate at least IMO in these DYM's.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    then realistically no one will ever go to the WSOP if it is just done on dyms if an 80% win rate is required... the majority of the time you will be all in... so that means AA v under pair every time... what about coolers? what about shoving 72o in the SB because you need to steal the blinds? Most the time the decider is a 60 40 or 55 45.
  • edited February 2010
    its one thing turning £100 into £6k, its another havin the bottle to put all that on 1 tourney.  Not me, I`m a wimp lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone? : Great workings out mate!! Fair play to you - must have taken you some time!! Are you personally up for the challenge?
    Posted by dylan12

I'd love to give it a go, I think I'd struggle with my adverse work times but I'll definitely try it.

I turn 21 this June so can only go for Event 17 onwards so I'll be looking at one (or hopefully more) event after that. 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone? : then realistically no one will ever go to the WSOP if it is just done on dyms if an 80% win rate is required... the majority of the time you will be all in... so that means AA v under pair every time... what about coolers? what about shoving 72o in the SB because you need to steal the blinds? Most the time the decider is a 60 40 or 55 45.
    Posted by BlackFish3

I had only used "80%" in my original post because I feel 4 in 5 is possible.

Even as long as you have a 60% success rate, you will build your £100 up, verrrrrrrrrry slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but it will go UP.

Do you think you could do it?

• edited February 2010
    End of Day 1

Done a little better than DOHx7
    End BR - £132.50 - played some DYM's and Turbocharge HU, cashed in them all thankfully!!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone? : I had only used "80%" in my original post because I feel 4 in 5 is possible. Even as long as you have a 60% success rate, you will build your £100 up, verrrrrrrrrry slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but it will go UP. Do you think you could do it?
    Posted by Kevilfish
    ive played solely low stakes dym for almost a year... trust me 4/5 is very unrealistic... +55% is profit so anything above 60% works out as a nice steady profit. Do i think i could turn £100 into 10k? i know i could... playing low stakes dym lol... but that would take like 5 years lol...
  • edited February 2010
    lol this is a very interesting read.  just as a pointer, i deposited a tenner on the 9th of feb, and using "fairly" strict roll managment to start with, and a bit looser more recently (up to 20% of my roll at the table occasionally) i have got it up to £161 so far.  therefore if id started with £100, then i would currently have £1610.(in theory)LOL. maybe it is possible by june.haha. good luck to those who have started.  
  • edited February 2010
    lol this is a very interesting read.  just as a pointer, i deposited a tenner on the 9th of feb, and using "fairly" strict roll managment to start with, and a bit looser more recently (up to 20% of my roll at the table occasionally) i have got it up to £161 so far.  therefore if id started with £100, then i would currently have £1610.(in theory)LOL. maybe it is possible by june.haha. good luck to those who have started.  
    Posted by agboy

yeah, if only it was that easy lol.

I remember playing the micros and thinking, wow, if I keep playing like this, then i will reach this level by then, and that level by then, and in about 2 years, I would be a millionaire.

How wrong I was :-(
  • edited February 2010
    do agree with the OmahonyO's post bout turning £100 into 6k then blowing it all in one trip to vegas! think even if some peoples view now is they would, maybe if they are lucky enough to do it, it might be a different story but hey ull never know unless u try. Hopefully ill win Primo again this month and not WITHDRAW 91% of it.Tthink its a great idea tho and if i do manage to build a br then im def up for a community trip to vegas! be awesome experience for any1 but good to have a hol with people you know at the same time. just my opinion. payday 12am 2nite so £120 br with a £30 sky bonus coming. Let the building begin! Every1 aboard the train, next stop VEGAS :P
  • edited February 2010
    do agree with the OmahonyO's post bout turning £100 into 6k then blowing it all in one trip to vegas! think even if some peoples view now is they would, maybe if they are lucky enough to do it, it might be a different story but hey ull never know unless u try. Hopefully ill win Primo again this month and not WITHDRAW 91% of it.Tthink its a great idea tho and if i do manage to build a br then im def up for a community trip to vegas! be awesome experience for any1 but good to have a hol with people you know at the same time. just my opinion. payday 12am 2nite so £120 br with a £30 sky bonus coming. Let the building begin! Every1 aboard the train, next stop VEGAS :P
    Posted by AceAceBaby
    Glad to see you aboard Ace, Going to hit the tables in a bit to try and increse on my £132.50!!
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    I'm IN. Although may start with £20.

PM me your msn's - would love to discuss strategy, hands, rolls etc during the challenge.
  • edited February 2010
    OK, I'm in with the princely bankroll of £15!!!

I'll probably set my sights on the $1000 buy in events at first and see how it goes (even this sounds a bit pie in the sky tbh).

With such a small roll, not much BRM at first. Hopefully I'll spin it up enough to have a roll worth managing.

One more thing, NO BLOODY BLACKJACK!!!!!!

• edited February 2010
    deposited £120 today
    mainly solid play at 15-30p and 20-40p
    after 3.5hrs play,  Vegas Fund at £162
    really drained for some reason tho so continue later :)
  • edited February 2010
    great idea, i probably wont tho :-)
  • edited February 2010
    dont want to nitpick kel but wont you be 22 in2011 or does the op mean 2010
  • edited February 2010
    dont want to nitpick kel but wont you be 22 in2011 or does the op mean 2010
    Posted by stokefc
    Hi Stoke
    This is my fault im afraid - I originally thought 2011 would be more realistic to reach the WSOP ME - but having spoken to several people they want to play a side game instead during 2010!!
    So the challenge is to win less than 10K and get over to Vegas in 2010!!
    Dylan
  • edited February 2010
    good idea i might have a go, ill be 21 in time for next years main event that would be a cracking bday present, straight into the satellites if sky run em, i would try with other sites but sky is probably the best for it, smaller fields etc. but if not ill still be in vegas for at least a week when im 21 :)
  • edited February 2010
    my update....been busy but over three nights played 12 dym and bankroll now stands at.......£106.00,its gonna be a long journey lol
  • edited February 2010
    ok m8 thx gl to all that go for it
  • edited March 2010
    Have started with £20 tonight :)
  • edited March 2010

Im a bit behind on this challenge, need to pull my finger out after luton this weekend!!
    I believe I am +£66, just need to blast it now!!

Nice to see others trying now also, and hopefully if any of you are at luton then we can discuss this challenge further :)

• edited March 2010

In Response to £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone?:

Anyone interested in taking part in a challenge to spin £100 into enough money in order to enter the WSOP Main Event next year? Wanted to set a goal that will make grinding the tables worth it!! Can make it that the £100 BR is used between certain times of the evening/day etc, i dunno, it's all open to discussion, will hopefully start it next week, therefore any takers then please write down your opinions etc so that we can get some rules in place etc!! Cheers
    Posted by dylan12
     hi m8y a great challenge you have started,

gl too you and all in it ,

soz i cant take the challenge up at the moment due to hunting [ work ]

commitments ,

but may do at a later date ,

great thread keep us posted in the progress !

rover and really really nice today lol !

• edited March 2010

In Response to £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone? :   hi m8y a great challenge you have started,  gl too you and all in it ,  soz i cant take the challenge up at the moment due to hunting [ work ]  commitments ,  but may do at a later date ,  great thread keep us posted in the progress !  rover and really really nice today lol !  
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Thank you mate

I hope you can join in the challenge at a later date or even I hope we will be able to start another one earlier next year for everyone.
    Will of course keep everyone updated, but I think it will be even better once we meet everyone in Luton and discuss this further.

GL to you mate

Dylan

• edited March 2010

Got the challenge back on track on the cash tables, and starting to turn the HU results around too.

Having slipped somehow to £62, Im now back up to £170.

Thought Id get abit creative with the BR, just played a £10 HU game with a long structure and lost...yes....first hand!

Had Doyles cards...the mighty 10-2 off suit, on a J - 2 - 2 flop, and it went al in - he showedddd Jack 2.

Too inexperienced HU to know if I did anything wrong here, it was a very deep structure, any ideas?

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Got the challenge back on track on the cash tables, and starting to turn the HU results around too. Having slipped somehow to £62, Im now back up to £170. Thought Id get abit creative with the BR, just played a £10 HU game with a long structure and lost...yes....first hand! Had Doyles cards...the mighty 10-2 off suit, on a J - 2 - 2 flop, and it went al in - he showedddd Jack 2. Too inexperienced HU to know if I did anything wrong here, it was a very deep structure, any ideas? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    not for me to comment on a tp-ers play but no way in a million years could i get of trip 2's no matter how long the structure is! chances of him have pocket jacks or a better 2 must be tiny!

By the way my £10 deposit has made ita way up to £175! had an awful couple of days but just won a £5 BH for £60 which helped! the dream is still alive (for a $1500 event maybe) haha! good luck all!
  • edited March 2010
    You guys need to ramp up the volume. This guy plays 15 hours every day on PStars $1 DYMs, averaging at over 1400 games every day. The ultimate Supernova microgrinder. Look out for him at WSOP'10 !!

Sharkscope: rs03rs03