You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I Cannot Belive What Just Happened To Me!!! HELP!

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

After being paid yesterday, i decided to take the long walk into taunton town center, IN THE POORING rain i may add, to put £30 into my bank account so that i could use it as my bankroll on sky poker, i walked back home, yes again in the pooring rain, got home and opened up my laptop, after about 2 hours of fairly succesful double your moneys, i decided to enter what i thought was a £2.50 heads up, clicked register and went to get myself a drink, i came back to see that i was on a £25.00 heads up game!!! i couldnt belive it! i clicked on cancel registration several times but it was too late someone had joined me!!! My entire Bankroll on a game i could not afford! Knowing that i could save my embarssment by winning i played my best poker, which at its best is still average as i havent played for long, to my anger i was playing a very good player, and as a result my bankroll stands at £3.55! I Know this is my own fault for not looking properly but i am now absolutly gutted, i would of hoped to be on that bankroll playing on sky poker for a few months, now as it stands i will not be playing on sky poker for a good few months due to financial issues! ABSOLUTE HEARTBREAK!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    That's a nightmare. Unlucky.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: I Cannot Belive What Just Happened To Me!!! HELP!:
    That's a nightmare. Unlucky.
    Posted by NoSky

nasty situation that,maybe the community can gather to get you your money back,i will give you the grand sum of £1.11 if others will help too.
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think much can be done about this. You'll just have to stay off the beer for a couple of nights and use the cash to top up your roll!
    I know that's a lot to ask of anyone, but needs must.
  • edited July 2009
    What would people suggest is the best way to increase a £3.55 bankroll lol like i sed this has got to last me a while and Longplay thanks, but it was my fault for not looking properly at the end of the day, i just hope for a huge amount of luck now *fingers crossed*
  • edited July 2009
    With only 3.55 in your account the best ways to build your roll would be the daily freerolls, and 30p sit n goes and hopefully you can steadily build from there.

Sit n goes would be the best i think because they start really low at 30p and you move up steadily to then 55p ones then 1.10p ones and so.

Good luck

Norb.
  • edited July 2009
    Lets hope i can cash in the community freeroll later, finished in the hundreds last week, hope the poker gods will take into account my misfortunes lol and cheers for the advice norbit, gunna warm up for the freeroll with some low stake double your moneys
  • edited July 2009
    Ouch! 

It's easily done, I've done it myself (or similar).

At the time my £90ish bankroll allowed me to enter £2.25 buy-in DYM tournaments, but I accidentally chose a £20 one and lost out.
    Nowadays I use the filter to ensure I'm only seeing the tournaments that i'm 'allowed' to play (given my bankroll management rules).

• edited July 2009
    UPDATE! just won a £1 dym, bit risky for a third of my bankroll but hey, happy days £4.40
  • edited July 2009
    Well done on your 13th place in the community freeroll, another £2.12p to the cause.
  • edited July 2009
    As clueless10 said, wel done on 13th place, another 2quid to your 4quid, so now your back to 6quid! nice one mate

Keep going steady and you'll have it back in no time, best of luck on the tables.

Norb.
  • edited July 2009
    i nearly did the same  playing a 6 seater 1.10 game, normally they load up after a couple of minutes of entering but this time i was waiting 5-10 minutes, if not more, then i noticed my bankroll had suddenly lost 110 pounds, i would love to play at these stacks but only play on bankroll allowance  £100 pounds equals 30 -55 dym £200 -£257 equals £1-£2 dym, this is where im at the moment, but i did manage to cancel, but it is easily done, but hard to cancel against a heads up, which i learned and won a £50 heads up with nutter, couldnt believe it when i saw nutters name, nah nutter dont play £2 heads up, my heart was pumping, but from my side of the fence, if you had won you not be moaning about your £3.35 in your account.
  • edited July 2009
    End of play today and i am now up to £9.42, its slowly moving up. I think that good stint in the community freeroll is the turning point, had my fair share of luck but there you go, maybe a balance has come from the bad luck i had lol thanks for the well wishing much appriciated