You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll requirements

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Assuming you're a winning player (if you're a losing player, no bankroll will be enough in the long term; eventually you'll need to top up).

Based on the Sky poker site:

If you play MTTs only - 300 times the buy-in
Cash - 500 times the big blind
Sng - 150 times the buy-in

So if you usually play £5 MTTs and are £1495 down, you may still be a winning player! And if you play 0.1/0.2 cash and are £100 down, again you may still be a winning player! On some sites (e.g where each MTT has 3000 players) these numbers would be much higher. I'm sure that some will find these figures high, but if anything they're bunching around three standard deviations so could be on the low side.

What does this all mean? It means you shouldn't get disheartened. If you first registered and loaded up £100, play £2 Sngs and have lost it all, then to be honest, statistically you should have lost it all! We're not playing a game of pure skill here. Until you've lost three times as much you can't say if you're a winning player or not.
It also means that if you play 0.1/0.2 and are a winning player (reinvesting your winnings) you can have a lifetime's entertainment for just 100 quid.

I would love to hear from some of the most expert people on this site (Ed, Mark etc) to see if they challenge these figures. I bet they don't.

Comments