You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ENGLAND TRIVIA

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    John Terry nearly had an eX. lol

• edited February 2010
    you forgot one Airwalker how about Albert Quixall, its a while ago but im sure tikay will remember him.  Heres his wik

Albert Quixall (born 9 August 1933 in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England), was an English football player who played as an inside-forward.

Quixall started his career with Sheffield Wednesday, signing as an amateur in 1948 and turning professional in 1950. He made his debut in February 1951 as a 17-year old centre forward and went on to play almost 250 League games, scoring 66 League and Cup goals with the Owls. He was in his prime with Sheffield Wednesday, and gained much media attention, becoming the Golden Boy of British football.

Quixall joined Manchester United in September 1958 for a then British record fee of £45,000, one of Matt Busby's key recruits in building a new team in the aftermath of the Munich air disaster, which had killed eight players and ended the careers of two others on 6 February that year.After seven games without a win for United, Quixall eventually helped the team go on a run of only two losses in 23 matches to end the season as runners-up in the First Division. Quixall's only medal with the club was the 1963 FA Cup. Altogether, he scored 56 goals in 184 games for the Reds.

Along with Johnny Giles and David Herd, he was dropped after Everton thrashed United 4-0 in the 1963-64 Charity Shield. He left the club at the end of the season, moving to Oldham Athletic for £7,000.

Before retiring from playing in 1968, he spent a couple of years with Stockport County and Altrincham.

Quixall was capped five times for England between 1954 and 1955 at the age of 19. He also made Schoolboy, Under 23 and 'B' appearances for his country, and played for a Football League representative side on four occasions.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: ENGLAND TRIVIA:
    you forgot one Airwalker how about Albert Quixall, its a while ago but im sure tikay will remember him.  Heres his wik Albert Quixall (born 9 August 1933 in Sheffield , Yorkshire , England ), was an English football player who played as an inside-forward. Quixall started his career with Sheffield Wednesday , signing as an amateur in 1948 and turning professional in 1950.....................
    Posted by 35suited
    Wow mate!! you must have dug around for that one. Well done tho. I don't know how many more there are out there but asking for five is enough for me because i didn't know any more than that.

Well done Rich because no matter how good the anorak, no one has ever guessed Wilcox before who i have posed this question to. He is always the one they can't get. I think he will have played at the same time as Le-Saux because they played for Blackburn at the same time.
  • edited February 2010
    Mick Duxbury or was he B team only
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: ENGLAND TRIVIA:
    Mick Duxbury or was he B team only
    Posted by micky6chin
    Duxbury got 10 caps in 1983 and 1984 - good shout.

Other players of an older vintage are:

Jack Cox
    John Cox
    Ronnie Dix
    John Auger Dixon
    Freddie Fox
    George Molyneux
    Albert Quixall

That is definitely the complete list!