You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

opinions on pwn's play, ty

edited March 2010 in Omaha

Hand History #236761346 (16:32 25/02/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sc0rchin Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.49
daveydavey Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.94
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

westyuk Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.64
umps Call   £0.04 £0.14 £1.46
PwndUAgain Call   £0.04 £0.18 £12.18
DrnSushi Fold        
sc0rchin Call   £0.02 £0.20 £1.47
daveydavey Raise   £0.16 £0.36 £4.78
westyuk Call   £0.16 £0.52 £2.48
umps Call   £0.16 £0.68 £1.30
PwndUAgain Call   £0.16 £0.84 £12.02
sc0rchin Call   £0.16 £1.00 £1.31
Flop

sc0rchin Bet   £0.08 £1.08 £1.23
daveydavey Raise   £0.95 £2.03 £3.83
westyuk Fold        
umps Fold        
PwndUAgain Raise   £2.44 £4.47 £9.58
sc0rchin Fold        
daveydavey All-in   £3.83 £8.30 £0.00
PwndUAgain Call   £2.34 £10.64 £7.24
daveydavey Show
  • A
  • A

PwndUAgain Show
  • J
  • Q
  • Q

Turn

• A

River

daveydavey Win Flush to the Ace £10.11   £10.11

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    P.S am really hoping for Sky reps TK and Dave to have a look at it. I think his re-raise to £2 was too much to get away from...but think all the money was going in 90% time anyway
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Even if he flopped the set you know you have many outs so your call is spot on but i think his play was very poor imo.dav
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi Dave,

as per my post on your other thread, i have now forwarded this over to Sky Dave. i'm really sorry we haven't picked this up quicker!

all the best my friend
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Daveydavey,

OK, let's go through the hand from the very top.

You're playing six-handed which means the starting hand requirements for you and your opponents have to open up somewhat. That said, you pick up a nice little hand in the big blind, AAT5ss. (the 'ss' bit suggests you have two cards of that suit, btw - so two spades in this instance).

The first thing I want to do here is question your raise amount. Personally, I'm always raising this hand and to some extent I am defining my hand. I either have a pair of aces with some nice side cards, or something really cute like KQJT with at least one suit. Either way, the table now knows *something* about my hand, and for that knowledge I want them to pay. I'd pot it for the full amount, rather than 16p. Only a small difference, but it allows you to build a pot size that means you can get stacks in on the flop.

Of course, it seems like PwndUAgain wanted to do that anyway when it comes 8-4-3 with two spades. You flop the world and a friend - overpair to the board, nut flush draw... heck, even an gutshot straight flush draw! I wouldn't even blink before mashing the bet/raise button here and putting the lot in the middle. Could he have flopped a set or two pair? SUre he could, but we have a LOT of outs and one we KNOW is golden (the 2s). Your hand plays itself.

So, what about his hand? Personally I don't mind his play at any point. Preflop he's called the raise knowing he's unlikely to be reraised again out of the small blind and he has the kind of hand that can flop well - Q highs and K-T-9, for instance. He's got a full stack and the ability to stack any player at the table if it comes favourable. For the 16p, I'd take a flop.

When it comes with an overpair, top pair on the board and the third nut flush draw with the 8h-4s-3s, he must be liking that. Why wouldn't he? You might have flopped a set, or have a better flush draw, but he's going to be feeling that flop has helped his hand more than hurt it. He's probably looked at your 95p and felt happy to play for your remaining £2.05 with a hand he feels should have some outs or even be ahead.

The pot got pretty large for two hands which were only one pair hands, but personally i think it played reasonably naturally. Tikay might of course tell me I am a lunatic, but then he's folded Aces preflop anyway.

I hope that helps, and counter-feedback more than welcomed!

Dave