You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GAME IMPROVEMENTS

Hi there, my name is Lee & i'm 38, been playin poker about a year on and off with mates & on sky poker site.

I play small MTT`s mainly

Not really won any thing big, but manage to get in the black with my bank roll.

Any advise on what games to play to improve game, as get a bit of stick sometimes for being a fish, however we all got to play and learn somewhere.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Have you read any books Lee?
    Some of them are really good and they help to organise your thoughts.
  • edited July 2009
    No, good idea I will  look at reading a few.

Any suggestions on books?

Thanks for the advice.
  • edited July 2009

Hold 'Em Poker by David Sklansky is a good place to start. Sklansky recommends playing extremely tight, but he's considered one of the leading theoreticians in the game and the bits on position, bankroll etc are very good.

• edited July 2009
    Thanks again for the advise.

Good pokering!!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to GAME IMPROVEMENTS:
    Hi there, my name is Lee & i'm 38, been playin poker about a year on and off with mates & on sky poker site. I play small MTT`s mainly Not really won any thing big, but manage to get in the black with my bank roll. Any advise on what games to play to improve game, as get a bit of stick sometimes for being a fish, however we all got to play and learn somewhere.
    Posted by DishyWolf
    IVE FOUND PLAYING £2 DEEP STACKS MTTS AS A GOOD WAY TO WORK ON MY PLAY
    THEY TEND TO BE SLOW AND YOU STAY ON SAME TABLES LONGER SO GET A CHANCE TO WORK OUT  OTHER PLAYERS.
    WITH 5K STARTING STACK PEOPLE TEND NOT TO CHUCK ALLIN EVERY OTHER HAND. THE DOWNSIDE IS WHEN YOU GO BACK TO QUICKER TOURNEMENTS ALTHOUGH YOURE GAME HAS IMPROVED YOU STILL  KEEP GETTING KNOCKED OUT BY THE ALL IN MUPPETS!!!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks very much, will try and aviod the muppets.

Good pokering!!!