You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT in Ireland????

edited February 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
Just wondering if it's a possibility to stage a live SKY event in Ireland. Although i understand that SKY is a UK based site i feel it could add something to the community. Good weekend away for people travelling from the UK and our Irish brothers and sisters get to sample one of SKY's top live events. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Great idea if it could happen!! I love Ireland!!
  • edited February 2010
    I think that Sky looked into this but they had trouble finding a proper venue to meet all the requirements.
  • edited February 2010
    I asked this before, but it was only Northern Ireland they looked at as it was the UK Sky poker tour, and they found there are no suitable venues in Northern Ireland that met the criteria set by the organisers. I also think that if they played in Ireland then everyone from France to Norway etc would be obliged to have their own country represented. Maybe in the future they will have a European sky poker tour, however the logistics of it all may be too difficult for it to be set up? On a personal note i believe there are suitable venues in Dublin and i would love them to have a SPT there.