You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS:
    I'd like to see a Hogg Blog. Come on Hoggers, get your name down imo...
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    chompers ur blog would b funny aswell m8, get on it
  • edited July 2009
    SVEN going to notts c is this a wind up,,lol,, this has given me a gr8 idea for a blog rich,
  • edited July 2009
    hi rich i would like to do a blog if poss...it wolud'nt be bad beat stories though! dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    davey gr8 spelling m8 you would make an interesting blog we would have to understand what you said, lol b lukky
  • edited July 2009
    Ok Guys, the moment you have all (cough) been waiting for!

The time has come to announce who we have chosen for the August - 'Blogust' - (thanks to Sky_Peter for this!) customer generated blogs!!!

the lucky 4 are:

Grimstar30

Phil12uk

FlashFlush

Razorkev

A big thank you to everyone that expressed their interest in this, we will be doing this again next month so there is a great chance you will be able to write a blog if you'd still like to.

we will be giving  each of the chosen 4 free entry into the 1k bounty hunter tonight at 9.30pm (any probs with this give me a shout)

i will be getting in touch with each you by phone to sort out the particulars

happy posting,

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    Yay!!! Thanks Rich and well done Dave, Charlie and Kev as well.
  • edited July 2009
    Ok Guys, the moment you have all (cough) been waiting for! The time has come to announce who we have chosen for the August - 'Blogust' - (thanks to Sky_Peter for this!) customer generated blogs!!! the lucky 4 are: Grimstar30 Phil12uk FlashFlush Ravorkev A big thank you to everyone that expressed their interest in this, we will be doing this again next month so there is a great chance you will be able to write a blog if you'd still like to. we will be giving  each of the chosen 4 free entry into the 1k bounty hunter tonight at 9.30pm (any probs with this give me a shout) i will be getting in touch with each you by phone to sort out the particulars happy posting, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks Rich, very kind.. and well done Phil, kev and dave...

Unfortunatly i decided i would put my phone through the washing machine the other day so im only available on my house phone... im sure its in records, ill be home by bout 5.20.. so if thats possible plz could you ring me after that time (and i will be doing the tikay sleepy and £20 deep as well) so before 7... ha ha ha look at me with my busy schedule... if thats a problem just email me!! :-D
  • edited July 2009
    well done guys happy bloggin..............

• edited July 2009
    cant wait to blog..many thx rich have fun all wd grimstar, millions of kids phil, and charlie the young looking 50 yr old..lol.. b lukky all
  • edited July 2009
    Iou han Response to Re: BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS:
    cant wait to blog..many thx rich have fun all wd grimstar, millions of kids phil, and charlie the young looking 50 yr old..lol.. b lukky all
    Posted by razorkev
    you have me and phil the wrong way round.. ;-) i have the 3 kids.. he looks about 18 but apparently the same age as tikay.. or so some1 said (think it was greg) :-)
  • edited July 2009
    you have 3 kids really?? m8 honest you dont look old enough,, love ya tho . gl in the 9.30
  • edited July 2009
    Hi guys, well done Phil, Charlie and Kev. though I would like the prize for looking young for my age. Got asked I.D in Tesco the other week.

No idea how I will get on in the BH later, never played one before! Dont mention kids too much, Alana will be on my case lol

Dave
  • edited July 2009
    LOL..  gl tonight m8 b lukky..
  • edited July 2009
    Same age as Tikay!!! I'll tell you what flash my young friend, in my day people would have got the slipper for saying such rude things!!!  It was actually nice to read a post from you where you weren'ttelling the rest of us how great you are :)
  • edited July 2009
    Same age as Tikay!!! I'll tell you what flash my young friend, in my day people would have got the slipper for saying such rude things!!!  It was actually nice to read a post from you where you weren'ttelling the rest of us how great you are :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    I remember the slipper and the cane lol!

Flash does have a good ROI though! mine sucks ;)

Phil any advice for the BH?
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by phil12uk
    bravo lol
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS : I remember the slipper and the cane lol! Flash does have a good ROI though! mine sucks ;) Phil any advice for the BH?
    Posted by Grimstar30
    No hand is safe!!! people will play anything in a BH.. its scary!! Just believe in your hand though and put the decision on the other player
  • edited July 2009
    Don't shove all in unless you have the nuts. The shove works great in normal tourneys to force players off hands. However, in a BH tourney, the all in shove is all that's needed to get a player to call as they want to gamble for the bounty.  By betting 3 quarters of ur stack instead, players are less inclined to call. Good luck in it matey!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS : No hand is safe!!! people will play anything in a BH.. its scary!! Just believe in your hand though and put the decision on the other player
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I dont think I have every believed in my own hand lol... whereas Alana is just ALL IN ALL IN S*D them  lol
  • edited July 2009
    i have andy.. i norm play loose for the 1st 15 mins try and pick up unusual hands then i tend to get very aggesive m8 buy putting the smaller stacks all in ie if ive got 2000 and have a 8 a9 etc if im first to call i tend to push very hard ,it works for me m8 ive played 16 b hunters ive won 3 and cashed 6 times.hope that helps ,,,,hope your not on my table now.lol
  • edited July 2009
    i have andy.. i norm play loose for the 1st 15 mins try and pick up unusual hands then i tend to get very aggesive m8 buy putting the smaller stacks all in ie if ive got 2000 and have a 8 a9 etc if im first to call i tend to push very hard ,it works for me m8 ive played 16 b hunters ive won 3 and cashed 6 times.hope that helps ,,,,hope your not on my table now.lol
    Posted by razorkev
    You just know I will be now lol... yeah it's about uber aggression and putting the small stacks tournaments on the line if the do elect to make the call. I will bear your advice in mind though obv v. you I will have to vary it up lol
  • edited July 2009
    Well done  you guys,  this will keep you busy .. and stop raisng my bets  .. :))  nice one !!
  • edited August 2009
    we are going to announce who we have chosen for the first month's blogs around lunch time tomorrow - so if anyone else fancies writing one please shout up now
    Posted by Sky_Rich

hi rich

thanks 4 message  i would like to be considered for additional blogs late aug.  would do a monthly poker type diary (good & bad weeks ) & also cover sport  ie: motorbike racing/ rugby- union & league/ other sports & TT 2010

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS :    hi rich          thanks 4 message  i would like to be considered for additional blogs late aug.  would do a monthly poker type diary (good & bad weeks ) & also cover sport  ie: motorbike racing/ rugby- union & league/ other sports & TT 2010    
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    This sounds really good:) my blog will have a nice competition starting soon, so keep an eye out:)