You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

live luton sky sat baffled help!!!!!!!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Ok please can anyone help me here !!!!

I was in luton last night playing the sky live sat for the last 5 seats !!! and at 300-600 blinds they introduced a 25 ante but when the blinds changed again they scrapped it and no more ante i have never seen this before and no 1 could explaine why the ante had stopped ?? really baffled me any thoughs ??

Comments

• edited February 2010

Hi Monkey,

Sorry, I can't explain that.

Sky Poker do not run the Live Super-Sats, that would not be permitted as they were not present, so you'll have to ask Luton Cardroom Management why they did that.

I can tell you I'm a regular player at Luton-G, & they do have a reputatiion for making rather odd & quirky rules from time to time. You'll need to discuss that with them, thouigh. Did you ask them why?

Probably - almost certainly, it was just "a mistake". Poker players are extremely unforgiving as to mistakes made by organisers, trust me, but mistakes can & do happen.
  • edited February 2010

Yeah it didn't bother me about the ante anyway i just really couldn't work out why they would stop an ante after starting one ??? just seemed strange and wanted to know if any1 had a idea why ? hey ho never mind !!!! may see you playing there 1 day T ...... (came 7th 2 away from the seat ) but ill be there next week cheering on some mates

• edited February 2010
    How many runners/prize pool Monkey? Unlucky on just missing out.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: live luton sky sat baffled help!!!!!!!:
    How many runners/prize pool Monkey? Unlucky on just missing out.
    Posted by Ads2kuk
    THERE WAS 30 ISH RUNNERS !!!!

AND THE POT WAS BIG DUE TO REBUYS / ADD ONS ( £ 1300 ISH I THINK)

BUT THEY COULDNT MAKE UP THERE MIND ON THE PAY OUT PPL WAS MOANING BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THEY WAS PLAYING FOR ECT ECT

IN THE END THEY GAVE THE MOST TO TOP 5 IE 1ST SEAT PLUS £180 2ND SEAT PLUS £ 160 WHICH ONLY LEFT £60 EACH FOR 6-10TH THEY WAS SAYING £100 6TH TO 10 TH BUT CHANGED THERE MIND !!!!

NOT SURE WHY I AM WRITING IN CAPITALS SORRY ABOUT THAT ;0)

IT WAS A BATTLE I GOT KNOCKED OUT 7TH AFTER OVER 5 HOURS

ILL TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME

MONKEY