You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

`TOTAL PLAYER` - Winners freeroll;-)

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
im up for a bribe lool

Comments

• edited February 2010

Seeing as the winner will go to a forum vote, how about a little sweetener......

for instance, whoever wins total player,( i understand if they cash in vegas , their mentor gets 10%) . 
    Well, how about bunging 5% of vegas winnings, if any, into a forum freeroll.  After all, we are ultimately gonna put you there.
    I know details of entries are gonna be hard to work out etc and also holding ppl to it, but a total players word is good enough for me.

go on, you know it makes sense..........

• edited February 2010
    The forum will only play a small part in selecting the winner compared to total vote.
    I worry this thread is gonna be a magnet to freeloaders pressuring sky and the TP'ers to do something that they may or may not want to do..... their decision and i hope they don't get hounded.....  although this thread has released the hounds :/  I for one will be voting for who i think deserves the crown regardless of anything being in it for me
  • edited February 2010

0mahoney0 - just dropped on one of my tables, completely off topic, but searched for you and you are playing 11 tables!!!!!!

Think thats the most Ive ever seen on sky poker, and especially for a "lower stakes" player!!!!

I have no idea how u can do it !!!!! wow!!!

Btw I think winning tp will be harder the winning the WSOP main event, but if Im lucky enuff to get there, u guys can take what ya want! apart from my bracelet ;) lol

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: `TOTAL PLAYER` - Whats in it for us:
    I don't give a flying f uck, after tonight DOHHHH gets my vote.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    This is exactly why the way the winner of total player is decided is flawed!

If dohh or any of the remaining 6, is the total player and proves so, then they should win on merit and not because they have 'more mates on the forum'.

I am sure many forum users and posters will use their vote wisely and make a genuine decision based on the performance of their chosen 'Total Player' throughout the whole competition.  I fear thought that the result may be skewed by the posters who will just vote for their mate, or the player they know the most, or the player they feel sorry for.

Gl all 6 left in the competition and be sure that I will be voting for the player that proves him/her self to be the total player in the next stages of the competition.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: `TOTAL PLAYER` - Whats in it for us : This is exactly why the way the winner of total player is decided is flawed! If dohh or any of the remaining 6, is the total player and proves so, then they should win on merit and not because they have 'more mates on the forum'. I am sure many forum users and posters will use their vote wisely and make a genuine decision based on the performance of their chosen 'Total Player' throughout the whole competition.  I fear thought that the result may be skewed by the posters who will just vote for their mate, or the player they know the most, or the player they feel sorry for. Gl all 6 left in the competition and be sure that I will be voting for the player that proves him/her self to be the total player in the next stages of the competition.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    So i have a valid point?.  Wont this post make ppl vote for the player they truly think has the best chance of the biggest cash in vegas, rather than their `mates`.

Providing TP`ers agree to it ofc
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: `TOTAL PLAYER` - Whats in it for us : This is exactly why the way the winner of total player is decided is flawed! If dohh or any of the remaining 6, is the total player and proves so, then they should win on merit and not because they have 'more mates on the forum'. I am sure many forum users and posters will use their vote wisely and make a genuine decision based on the performance of their chosen 'Total Player' throughout the whole competition.  I fear thought that the result may be skewed by the posters who will just vote for their mate, or the player they know the most, or the player they feel sorry for. Gl all 6 left in the competition and be sure that I will be voting for the player that proves him/her self to be the total player in the next stages of the competition.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Apologies, I should never have posted that. None of the remaining few are my mates as such, but am I qualified to say who wins? As poker players, they obviously poo on me from a great height. What I'm trying to say is that DOH's being crucified on the forum and I just feel it's wrong . Engage brain before typing thingies?

• edited February 2010
    The forum will only play a small part in selecting the winner compared to total vote. I worry this thread is gonna be a magnet to freeloaders pressuring sky and the TP'ers to do something that they may or may not want to do..... their decision and i hope they don't get hounded.....  although this thread has released the hounds :/  I for one will be voting for who i think deserves the crown regardless of anything being in it for me
    Posted by cottlad
    Yes, there are some freeloaders around.  I wouldnt really consider myself one of them, but those gates would open no doubt.

Lol about the hounds.  I`m actually shocked this hasnt been brought up earlier.  I had thought of it from day 1 but thought I would let someone beat me to it, but obv they havent.

I think it comes from a weekly home game we have where we all said if any of us won big on the lottery, the next home game we would add like £20,000 to the £100 prize pool.

I will also vote for who I think deserves it
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    it was always designed like this, just like the x - factor / come dancing / got talent etc etc, the final 'players' are decided by the 'judges' and the winner by a vote, and if anybody thinks it doesnt come down to personalities is plain wrong, but that doesnt make it bad, its just how it is, the only way to alter it is to play a winner take all poker comp for the final 3.
  • edited February 2010
    i for one will be voteing for the best player over all the last few months i hope u all do the same and not make it a popular player vote were the best player over last few months  may not  win
  • edited February 2010
    if sky runs the satellites those who dont make it have a chance anyway, ill have to wait til next year :|
  • edited February 2010

i think the forum works out at about  5 o/o of the vote ,

that speaks for it self,

means little overall !
  • edited February 2010
    most sites run tournements via sats or buy in for a player to go to the wsop i think sky should do the same after all its a chance in a life time what does anybody else think
  • edited February 2010
    most sites run tournements via sats or buy in for a player to go to the wsop i think sky should do the same after all its a chance in a life time what does anybody else think
    Posted by scrumdown
    They do every year mate last year they added another one called Vegas Lite so they have that one down hope to see you at the tables scrumdown good luck 
  • edited February 2010
    hope they do mabsue get a few more post up and running on this  same to u m8 gl at tables catch u later
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: `TOTAL PLAYER` - Whats in it for us : Yes, there are some freeloaders around.  I wouldnt really consider myself one of them, but those gates would open no doubt. Lol about the hounds.  I`m actually shocked this hasnt been brought up earlier.  I had thought of it from day 1 but thought I would let someone beat me to it, but obv they havent. I think it comes from a weekly home game we have where we all said if any of us won big on the lottery, the next home game we would add like £20,000 to the £100 prize pool. I will also vote for who I think deserves it
    Posted by OMahonyO
    It has been brought up earlier. There was a thread about players being able to buy a "piece" of a TP and get a percentage of the winnings if he or she wins TP and goes on to cash in the tournys.
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Very good post MR SHANN
  • edited February 2010
         i think the forum works out at about  5 o/o of the vote ,      that speaks for it self,       means little overall !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Where did all these facts and figures come from? i havent seen any voting criteria yet, like is it sent out in a postal ballot,done through e-mail, or will it be run on the forum etc etc. I believe there is problems with all, the forum type would only get a couple of thousand votes as not everyone reads the forum, the postal ballot or E-mail ballot means people will vote that dont even watch the poker channel, my thoughts are that it should be voted through the tv site as that would include only players that have seen the TP participants in action.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: `TOTAL PLAYER` - Whats in it for us : Where did all these facts and figures come from? i havent seen any voting criteria yet, like is it sent out in a postal ballot,done through e-mail, or will it be run on the forum etc etc. I believe there is problems with all, the forum type would only get a couple of thousand votes as not everyone reads the forum, the postal ballot or E-mail ballot means people will vote that dont even watch the poker channel, my thoughts are that it should be voted through the tv site as that would include only players that have seen the TP participants in action.
    Posted by loonytoons

hi m8y i recall tk saying that only 5 o/o of players use the forum.

soz tk if i am wrong on this .

i think it will be a blanket advertising campaign  on the voting ,

because they have put so much in to it already ,

they will want maximum publicity ,

makes good  business sense !

so i say they will get the votes through all media avenues !
  • edited February 2010
    Any form of postal/email vote would be reminiscent of the x factor shambles. If the players have come this far by being chosen by the mentors, then that should be continued to the final choice. For the mentors/presenters to negate responsibility at the final hurdle is wrong. They should choose who in their opinion is the best candidate and then be prepared to answer any praise or criticism that results from it.

To hand the final choice over to 'the public' is wrong. A lot of votes will be cast for completely the wrong reasons and that would make this whole exercise a farce.

Come on Sky, get your act together and do the right thing. If not this will be bouncing around the forum and poisoning the community for a long time to come.

(whoops! ...... elsa here on SWMBO's account. She just won a seat in tonight's primo and forgot to change it over)
  • edited February 2010

The Voting procedure. As far as I know, EVERY single Sky Poker player will get an e-Mail in which they will get the choice of voting for one of the three remaining players.

I don't know the exact %, but I believe that a very small percentage of the players on Sky Poker are active users of the "Sky Poker Community", or "Forum" as most of us would describe it.

I'm pretty certain - though I'd not bet on it - that "less than 10%" of Sky Poker players use the Community regularly. I'd say 5% would be a tidy guess. Probably wrong, but a good guess.

It may, or may not, be a flawed system. This TP was a first attempt by Sky Poker do do something new, different, challenging. Even their staunchest defender would not say they got everything right, but, you know, it's easy to knock, & harder to do.

If TP is a success, then maybe there'll be a TP II, & even III & IV, & they'll embody the experience of the inaugural TP into that, learn the lessons maybe, change a few things, tweak it, try to make it better, fairer. But if it's gonna just become a trolls paradise, I doubt they'll bother - why on earth should they?

The players own this Forum, this "Community", & they will make it what they will, & get the Community they deserve. The players will "police it", too, care for it, restore balance, as they have today.

Last night was not this Community's finest hour, but it's worked hard to heal a lot of the wounds today.

We'll be alright.
  • edited February 2010

As to changing the fundamental Rules at this stage, they will not do that, it'd be wrong. Please see my previous Post.

It's pretty tough to find the optimal way to decide the eventual winner, & it was presumably the view of Sky Poker that they could best embrace the Community's view & support by giving them the final choice.

A pointless debate at this stage, they won't change that rule now, but all feedback will be scrutinised for "if & when" TP II is set up.
  • edited February 2010
    As to changing the fundamental Rules at this stage, they will not do that, it'd be wrong. Please see my previous Post. It's pretty tough to find the optimal way to decide the eventual winner, & it was presumably the view of Sky Poker that they could best embrace the Community's view & support by giving them the final choice. A pointless debate at this stage, they won't change that rule now, but all feedback will be scrutinised for "if & when" TP II is set up.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Point taken and of course you're right, they can't/won't change it now. But two wrongs will never make a right.

(elsa again btw)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: `TOTAL PLAYER` - Whats in it for us : Point taken and of course you're right, they can't/won't change it now. But two wrongs will never make a right. (elsa again btw)
    Posted by _Woof_
    Agreed.

Wish Mrs Woof the best of luck in the Tourney, btw.

Woof, Elsadog, popdog, popdog/elsadog - you are a dog with many names.

But I love debating stuff with you. No matter how far apart our views are, you debate in a way which does not offend or insult, both here & elsewhere. Long may it last.
  • edited February 2010

I gotta say, this thread title tilts me hard, & I'm sure it would have prompted President John F Kennedy to coin a famous saying.....;)
  • edited February 2010
    I gotta say, this thread title tilts me hard, & I'm sure it would have prompted President John F Kennedy to coin a famous saying.....;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    QFT!
  • edited February 2010
    [QUOTE]I gotta say, this thread title tilts me hard, & I'm sure it would have prompted President John F Kennedy to coin a famous saying.....;)
    Posted by Tikay10

Yeah, totally understand.  The more Ive been reading the title back, the more I hate it.  Have modded it slightly.  I maybe shouldnt have started it at all, or should delete it but there are a couple of interesting posts here i spose
  • edited March 2010
    The Voting procedure. As far as I know , EVERY single Sky Poker player will get an e-Mail in which they will get the choice of voting for one of the three remaining players. I don't know the exact %, but I believe that a very small percentage of the players on Sky Poker are active users of the "Sky Poker Community", or "Forum" as most of us would describe it. I'm pretty certain - though I'd not bet on it - that "less than 10%" of Sky Poker players use the Community regularly. I'd say 5% would be a tidy guess. Probably wrong, but a good guess. It may, or may not, be a flawed system. This TP was a first attempt by Sky Poker do do something new, different, challenging. Even their staunchest defender would not say they got everything right, but, you know, it's easy to knock, & harder to do. If TP is a success, then maybe there'll be a TP II, & even III & IV, & they'll embody the experience of the inaugural TP into that, learn the lessons maybe, change a few things, tweak it, try to make it better, fairer. But if it's gonna just become a trolls paradise, I doubt they'll bother - why on earth should they? The players own this Forum, this "Community", & they will make it what they will, & get the Community they deserve. The players will "police it", too, care for it, restore balance, as they have today. Last night was not this Community's finest hour, but it's worked hard to heal a lot of the wounds today. We'll be alright.
    Posted by Tikay10
    not too far away.

between 15-19 % visit the community weekly.

the word 'visit' is important here as not all visitors actually post.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: `TOTAL PLAYER` - Whats in it for us : Agreed. Wish Mrs Woof the best of luck in the Tourney, btw. Woof, Elsadog, popdog, popdog/elsadog - you are a dog with many names. But I love debating stuff with you. No matter how far apart our views are, you debate in a way which does not offend or insult, both here & elsewhere. Long may it last.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Only just spotted this:

Thanks for the good wishes TK .......... the girl done good.

popdog - elsadog - buymealiver - AlanH - OddThomas ..... are all me, but  _woof_  is all hers.

(For Tax purposes my name is Anthony Kendall).