You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thread that wont be closed

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi Everybody,

Just thought I'd start a thread that wouldn't be closed.  

The Sky Forum Officials have been earning their overtime 

My goodness the Teddy's have been flying around recently, have they not ;)

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Thread that wont be closed:
    Hi Everybody, Just thought I'd start a thread that wouldn't be closed.   The Sky Forum Officials have been earning their overtime  My goodness the Teddy's have been flying around recently, have they not ;)
    Posted by JockBMW
    A troll, most commonly encountered on the internet, is any person who purposely causes controversy in a web community and disrupts for his own amusement. Trolls have been refered to in the web community as, trollers, a**holes, jerks, and s**m of the earth douchebags. The term probably derives from "trolling" or "trawling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. Troll is fine as a verb since trawling/trolling for comments and flames is innate troll behavior.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Thread that wont be closed:
    In Response to Thread that wont be closed : A troll , most commonly encountered on the internet, is any person who purposely causes controversy in a web community and disrupts for his own amusement. Trolls have been refered to in the web community as, trollers, a**holes, jerks, and s**m of the earth douchebags. The term probably derives from "trolling" or "trawling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. Troll is fine as a verb since trawling/trolling for comments and flames is innate troll behavior.
    Posted by Seagull158

You think THIS is controversy, after what's been posted in the last 24 hours   lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Thread that wont be closed : You think THIS is controversy, after what's been posted in the last 24 hours   lol
    Posted by JockBMW
    No, no, no. You misunderstand. I agree wholeheartedly with you and was simply indicating the reason why the other threads have been appearing. Once a troll started working (IMACOCK last night) it can gather momentum and others join in, often without realising that they are being sucked into trolling. Some of them are probably genuine in their comments but they are being duped by the troll for his own amusement.
  • edited February 2010
    Ah got you now Seagull.  Sorry.  It is amazing how something that seems incredibly obvious when you're typing it can be taken in a totally different light by the person reading.

55,  38,   7,  Interesting numbers.  Those numbers indicated the percentage of how we communicate with each other.

7% of communication is the words

38% is tone and inflection

55%  is Non Verbal Communication, used to be known as body language.

so in reality all of the 55% NVC is taken away from us when we use a forum......  and I would say that at least half of the 38% for tone and inflection is taken away.  that leaves us using only  26% of the tools that we normally use to communicate.

It's amazing that people using a forum  can understand each other at all 
  • edited February 2010
    Ah got you now Seagull.  Sorry.  It is amazing how something that seems incredibly obvious when you're typing it can be taken in a totally different light by the person reading. 55,  38,   7,  Interesting numbers.  Those numbers indicated the percentage of how we communicate with each other. 7% of communication is the words 38% is tone and inflection 55%  is Non Verbal Communication, used to be known as body language. so in reality all of the 55% NVC is taken away from us when we use a forum......  and I would say that at least half of the 38% for tone and inflection is taken away.  that leaves us using only  26% of the tools that we normally use to communicate. It's amazing that people using a forum  can understand each other at all 
    Posted by JockBMW
    I have a tendency to write emails with a hint of irony, sarcasm and humour in my work environment (IMO). THEY DONT WORK! So often they are taken as 100% serious by the recipients and then I have to send an explanatory email or an apology. You are so right. I keep on doing it though because it is such fun and I DGAS.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Thread that wont be closed : I have a tendency to write emails with a hint of irony, sarcasm and humour in my work environment (IMO). THEY DONT WORK! So often they are taken as 100% serious by the recipients and then I have to send an explanatory email or an apology. You are so right. I keep on doing it though because it is such fun and I DGAS.
    Posted by Seagull158

I am quite active on another Forum, where they had a similar problem.  The ability to put "smilies" in a post added to the "tone and inflection" that could be expressed in a post.  Stopped a lot of misunderstandings.  Maybe Sky Poker should consider it for this forum

Come on Sky,  let us express ourselves 

• edited February 2010
    Smilies would be good. Strangely they're available in PMs but not on the forum.
  • edited March 2010
    Smilies would be good. Strangely they're available in PMs but not on the forum.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

totally agree. they are a must.

without boring you with technical gobbledygook.... during the design and build of the community we encountered a technical glitch that we are working to fix and will re-introduce in the next community release. so you shouldn't have to wait all that long until you can 'smile' until your heart's content.

it's amazing how the smallest of things cause the biggest of headaches.
  • edited March 2010
    smallest of things cause the biggest of headaches

Irresistable
  • edited March 2010
    i was going to post about sky giving us smilies!!!

some of my posts have been taken in the wrong way and i think by using smilies people will know that its humor and not a dig!

also smilies look better than :)
  • edited March 2010
    can i start a massive argument with loads of abuse etc on this thread so that the 'Thread that wont be closed' will become closed? or would that just be not very nice?
  • edited March 2010
    can i start a massive argument with loads of abuse etc on this thread so that the 'Thread that wont be closed' will become closed? or would that just be not very nice?
    Posted by BlackFish3

Ya ganna getta slap :)
  • edited March 2010
    im reporting you for threatening behaviour... this thread is sooooo getting closed ;) haha x
  • edited March 2010

blackfish your the biggest donk on this site !
  • edited March 2010

i believe you falsify your sharkscope stats !
  • edited March 2010

i believe you are actually a trainee binman !
  • edited March 2010
    blackfish you look 13 years old and ive checked your sharkscope................................;)

EDIT!! great minds irishrover.........
  • edited March 2010
    Blackfish3,  I think you're actually Blackfish2 and your lying about your age 
  • edited March 2010
    *** FULL TILT IS BETTER ***

Bosh, Job done Thread will be down within the hour ;)

Sorry had to test the theory :D
  • edited March 2010
    Bosh, Job done Thread will be down within the hour
    Posted by ONTHERlVER
    ha, I also have two other very shiny, nice buttons...

delete post and block user ;)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Thread that wont be closed : ha, I also have two other very shiny, nice buttons... delete post and block user ;)
    Posted by Sky_Rich

me thinks with does buttons you need a tiny

moustache,

heil rich !
  • edited March 2010
    Just as long as one of those buttons doesn't do this lol

• edited March 2010
    Whilst we are introducing new buttons how about one on the tables saying "Flush" in case of emergancy against fish !!

"insert humourous smiley here"
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Thread that wont be closed :   me thinks with does buttons you need a tiny   moustache,     heil rich !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Rich + tiny moustache = John Cleese :o)

(I put a smiley in ......... just in case)
  • edited March 2010
    Orford + tiny moustache = Ben Turpin

Tikay + tiny moustache = Scary

LML + tiny moustache = Nightmare
  • edited March 2010
    blackfish you look 13 years old and ive checked your sharkscope................................ ;) EDIT!! great minds irishrover.........
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Does anyone know Blackfish1?

Does he know that he became an overnight celebrity on the threads?

AN APPEAL!!!!

"For just £2 pound per month, you can adopt a Blackfish and give it a better poker life, with better Sharkscope Statistics**. You will Receive regular updates and a Christmas Card".

"Blackfish1.....If you're listening to the programme, Please come and talk to us. We CAN Help."

**T`s & C`s Apply. We cannot be held responsible for patrons who are incapable of performing a basic Sharkscope Search.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Thread that wont be closed : Does anyone know Blackfish1? Does he know that he became an overnight celebrity on the threads? AN APPEAL!!!! "For just £2 pound per month, you can adopt a Blackfish and give it a better poker life, with better Sharkscope Statistics**. You will Receive regular updates and a Christmas Card". "Blackfish1.....If you're listening to the programme, Please come and talk to us. We CAN Help." **T`s & C`s Apply. We cannot be held responsible for patrons who are incapable of performing a basic Sharkscope Search.
    Posted by emilyegg
    lol thats class!!! bless him, the poor lad has only played 12 games... maybe i will take him under my fin, i like his name... A LOT ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Orford + tiny moustache = Ben Turpin Tikay + tiny moustache = Scary LML + tiny moustache = Nightmare
    Posted by elsadog
    PMSL elsadog. But for my money, it would all be down to the Moustache Placement.