You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A little question from Lolly

edited March 2010 in The Shed
Hi guys,

Lolly has had a great idea to suprise her brother since she has been getting cards ect because of being poorly. Lolly wants to get him a present and for ages he has been asking for a terrapin or turtle, the thing is neither me or lolly know what a terrapin tank is, whether u can use a fish tank or what other things you need so lolly said we should start a post to see if any of her sky poker friends have terrapins. We also need to know which grows bigger a terrapin or a turtle. So please leave any helpful hints for us , thanks guys xx

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Terrapins are roughly the size of a 2 quid coin and will grow to the size of a saucer ( the shell i mean.

You can use a fish tank no problem about 1'6" x 3' to keep them in.

They must be kept warm with heat lights on the hood if pos and stand the tank on a polystyrene base if can.

You fill the tank with seven or eight inches of water and an inch or so of gravel but you need a nice big wedge shaped stone with a flat top that they can crawl up that sticks a couple of inches above water level so they can climb out of the water and basque under the lights.

Apart from the fact that they can give you a nasty nip if not handled carefully ( and they will try ) they are dead easy to look after and are good fun to watch.

Don't know about turtles but i think they will be miles too big.

Hopes this helps a bit.

Airwalker
  • edited March 2010
    A Terrapin once burst my tyre while I was cycling around Westport lake.
  • edited March 2010
    I heard you can catch deseases from terrapins, especially kids if they put there fingers in there mouths after touching, i think one is called salmanelocis but im not sure, its best to check up on this as a precaution!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A little question from Lolly:
    A Terrapin once burst my tyre while I was cycling around Westport lake.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    i once swallowed one down bathpool ,it made me sick
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A little question from Lolly:
    In Response to Re: A little question from Lolly : i once swallowed one down bathpool ,it made me sick
    Posted by stokefc
    ah I had many good stories about what I have swallowed down bathpool!