You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A Stranger Returns

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Hello Sky Poker Forum,

Its been quite a whle since I have set foot upon this website and I must admit there are some nice changes that seem to have occured.

Good to see so many of you still here and thank you for the warm welcome on the tables ...

My appologies for the recent absence, as some will remember I was beinging to embark on a bankroll challenge which apeared short lived.

My sole reason for not persuing this was the birth of my Little girl "Lilly Ann".

Turns out that there is much in common with the birth of a new child and poker ... Lots of late nights, no money and that feeling that its all going to be worth it in the long run !!!

A Year down the line and she is doing very well and I am ready to make my return to the felt, starting a new month with a new agenda.

The "bankroll" Challange is still on and there will be Plenty of videos uploaded to UTube showing everything from games to tactics and methods that I adopt ... Hope to see you all on the tables soon,

Comments

• edited March 2010
    welcome back m8 also theres nowt better than watching your kids grow and develop its heart warming gl on your quest my friend
  • edited March 2010
    congrats!!--welcome home daddy--lol--n1
  • edited March 2010
    I have not been on the forum very long and don't know who you are but i want to offer my congrats to you and your missus on the birth of your baby girl.

All the very best 2 yer.

God bless.

Airwalker.
  • edited March 2010
    woaaaahhhh, never expected to hear from you again after your website went down etc... remind me what the BR challenge consists of please...
    welcome back
  • edited March 2010
    well come back and congrats !
  • edited March 2010
    Great to see you back!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Steeeeeeve! Welcome back old bean :)
  • edited March 2010

Hey mate I'm new to sky poker - I don't remember your user name, or the club ever being on 865 since I joined...So it was interesting watching that clip! .....

It's Good fun keeping an eye on these sort of challenges, so good look with it.

DOHH
  • edited March 2010

Wow, what a start its been :)

Ty everyone .. It appears all those books help

Who would have thought it, and they were free from the library

£25 went into the account last night and I've managed to progress onto the £2.25 tables ... Shall stay here for a while until things get better or worse :)

• edited March 2010

I'm sure he knows what's best taking a year out says it all and now he is ready to come take centre stage yet again, i have seen enough via sky tv / youtube  and think he is a great player !!! sharkscope him now SUPERHOT  1st of 6 everytime i wish him luck and look forward to keeping track on his performance ( blackfish you should know there's money to be made low stake dms ;0).  ) good luck to ya both and ill keep an eye out for you !! 

MONKEY 123
  • edited March 2010
    Not sure if you have made any previously, or even deleted them since, but before your break had you posted any videos of your play on youtube? or anywhere else? If so, have you got a link to them? Thanx...
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A Stranger Returns:
    Not sure if you have made any previously, or even deleted them since, but before your break had you posted any videos of your play on youtube? or anywhere else? If so, have you got a link to them? Thanx...
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I did record sessoions but never posted anything. They are all stored on my hard drive .. Where I think its best they stay lol ... Good news is that I am filming new ones as we speak and they should be up by the end of March .. I'll give you a shout as soon as I've done it ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/0nTheRiver
  • edited March 2010

Lilly Ann - how splendid!

Welcome back Steve, & congrats on your new arrival.

PS - Just a quick "nudge" - direct Links to Sharkscope are non-compliant. Perhaps better to suggest "look me up on Sharkscope", which is fine.

Good Luck with the ongoing challenge.
  • edited March 2010
    Hey ontheriver,

just a really quick note -

a had to remove your above post as unfortunately we don't allow direct links to Sharkscope. (feel free to post your stats, just without the links.

here is your post with the link removed...

"Thanks Everyone,

Airwalker its nice to meet you, I'm sure we will have the pleasure on the tables :)

I'll throw the link up for old times :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=gte1OIKFj2A&v=CtgCLUdk7-w

I'm back to my original £25 and you can track my progress.

Great to see you all again and although it feels a little sureal at the moment I'm sure the feeling will pass once we all start swapping money again :P

I'm going to be all over the £1.15 DYM at the moment so look forward to seeing you all there
    ."

oh and Welcome to the Sky Poker Community - i hope your time with us is enjoyable!

:)

• edited March 2010
    Lilly Ann - how splendid! Welcome back Steve, & congrats on your new arrival. PS - Just a quick "nudge" - direct Links to Sharkscope are non-compliant. Perhaps better to suggest "look me up on Sharkscope", which is fine. Good Luck with the ongoing challenge.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you Tony and appologies for not reading the rules :(

My hand has been slapped and it wont happen again.

How about posting pictures of graphs and results ... would such a thing be allowed.

I heard about poor Mr Orfords Bankroll ... Will do my best not to let the same happen ;)

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re:How about posting pictures of graphs and results ... would such a thing be allowed. I heard about poor Mr Orfords Bankroll ... Will do my best not to let the same happen ;)
    Posted by ONTHERlVER

for sure, that's 100% fine.
  • edited March 2010
    Welcome back m8 :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A Stranger Returns : Thank you Tony and appologies for not reading the rules :( My hand has been slapped and it wont happen again. How about posting pictures of graphs and results ... would such a thing be allowed. I heard about poor Mr Orfords Bankroll ... Will do my best not to let the same happen ;)
    Posted by ONTHERlVER
    No need to apologise to me Steve, I don't make or enforce the Rules, but I just thought you'd appreciate the nudge. Bear in mind you can always Edit or Amend your own Posts. I always do that when I say something wrong - remove the evidence! ;)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A Stranger Returns : No need to apologise to me Steve, I don't make or enforce the Rules, but I just thought you'd appreciate the nudge. Bear in mind you can always Edit or Amend your own Posts. I always do that when I say something wrong - remove the evidence! ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    And that's why I always copy/quote you. That way you can't remove it completely, Mwaahahahaha.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A Stranger Returns : And that's why I always copy/quote you. That way you can't remove it completely, Mwaahahahaha.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hush, I don't want Orford finding out, I can get them past him easily.
  • edited March 2010
    Only if you promise never to mention _woof_ on the telly ever again. I am now charged with the task of watching every repeat on 865 until I find it, just so she can have it on tape to show her friends :o(
  • edited March 2010
    Only if you promise never to mention _woof_ on the telly ever again. I am now charged with the task of watching every repeat on 865 until I find it, just so she can have it on tape to show her friends :o(
    Posted by elsadog
    Look on the bright side - you'll be able to watch me again & again. There's always a silver lining, eh?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A Stranger Returns : Look on the bright side - you'll be able to watch me again & again. There's always a silver lining, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'll get back to you on that one .............
  • edited March 2010
    hi steve welcome back. i just looked at your own website.

are  you sponsored by sky?? as i see there are adds for sky poker on your home page.
  • edited March 2010
    hi steve welcome back. i just looked at your own website. are  you sponsored by sky?? as i see there are adds for sky poker on your home page.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Not sponsered mate, just using the banners to earn some affiliate commision :)