You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20£ ROLL

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
wHERE HAS IT GONE, OR WAS IT JUST THERE TO STEAL BACK OUR POINTS?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Errrm I can't work out what this post is about???

Enlighten me and i'll see if i have an opinion lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL:
    Errrm I can't work out what this post is about??? Enlighten me and i'll see if i have an opinion lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    I think he means the £20, 10 point freerolls that have been running.

• edited March 2010
    oh right - No i don't really have an opinion as never played them. Were they any good?

Normally it's 1000 runners to win £5 if you take the whole thing isn't it? Not worth the time you have to invest TBH
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to 20£ ROLL:
    wHERE HAS IT GONE, OR WAS IT JUST THERE TO STEAL BACK OUR POINTS?
    Posted by kunster
    Kunster how are you doing with your £30 bank roll?  
  • edited March 2010

i won 300 quid once on here in a freeroll ,

now those were the days lol !
  • edited March 2010
      i won 300 quid once on here in a freeroll ,    now those were the days lol !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    was that when TK was a young lad? You could buy 17 houses and a horse with 300 quid back then
  • edited March 2010
    oh right - No i don't really have an opinion as never played them. Were they any good? Normally it's 1000 runners to win £5 if you take the whole thing isn't it? Not worth the time you have to invest TBH
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    I got in the money in one of these ages and ages ago and for 2 1/2 hours i got 13p lol
  • edited March 2010
    Its alright for you lot i've never made it passed the freeroll satalites :(
  • edited March 2010
    I Won a freeroll once LOL, just wish I could remember the Details (Runners/Prize)

Can vaguely remember phoning in sick for two days in a row, so I could finish the game though.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL : I got in the money in one of these ages and ages ago and for 2 1/2 hours i got 13p lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    almost minimum wage... in ethiopia.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to 20£ ROLL : Kunster how are you doing with your £30 bank roll?  
    Posted by JONONZIE

Hmmmmm not good im broke as a poor joke mate.
    I have said to myself im putting £40 this eveing and if i loose it all then im not going to be putting money on for a few months.
    I am hoping this teaches me to be carful with my roll and not just throw it away!
    Hope it teaches me to build up slow as you cant make monies over night its all about the grind and playing within your limits.
    Thats the problem im having at the moment so im hoping this will help me keep a roll for longer then 3 weeks lol.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL : Hmmmmm not good im broke as a poor joke mate. I have said to myself im putting £40 this eveing and if i loose it all then im not going to be putting money on for a few months. I am hoping this teaches me to be carful with my roll and not just throw it away! Hope it teaches me to build up slow as you cant make monies over night its all about the grind and playing within your limits. Thats the problem im having at the moment so im hoping this will help me keep a roll for longer then 3 weeks lol.
    Posted by kunster
    Play within your roll simple. Play small SNG till you got 15 BI for 4nl then grind, 15BI is plenty for 4nl.
  • edited March 2010
    There's a $2000 freeroll running 'elsewhere' and it's on every night. Last time I looked it averaged 8000 entrants lol.

They send me an email almost daily about it ........... so far I've managed to resist. I might enter woof for it. That should keep her quiet for a day or two.
  • edited March 2010
    There's a $2000 freeroll running 'elsewhere' and it's on every night. Last time I looked it averaged 8000 entrants lol. They send me an email almost daily about it ........... so far I've managed to resist. I might enter woof for it that should keep her quiet for a day or two.
    Posted by elsadog
    You knock it but they go down very quick the first 1hour 30mins it usally gets down to bout 500 600
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL : You knock it but they go down very quick the first 1hour 30mins it usally gets down to bout 500 600
    Posted by kunster
    I don't knock it ......... I just resist it.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL : Play within your roll simple. Play small SNG till you got 15 BI for 4nl then grind, 15BI is plenty for 4nl.
    Posted by big_mick12
    2p/4p it is then and 30p DYMS.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL : I don't knock it ......... I just resist it.
    Posted by elsadog
    I came 1000 and somthin g got 5p soooo chuffed, put it aside for a car deposit
  • edited March 2010

well done! your biggest mtt cash to date?

• edited March 2010
    Its alright for you lot i've never made it passed the freeroll satalites :(
    Posted by ONTHERlVER
    :-)
  • edited March 2010
    In all seriousness, can I ask.........

In one of these freerolls with thousands of players, how long on average would a tournament run? and would there be many breaks?
  • edited March 2010
    exactly 22 breaks no more no less, and they take on average 23 days to complete.
    hope this helps
  • edited March 2010
    There's a $2000 freeroll running 'elsewhere' and it's on every night. Last time I looked it averaged 8000 entrants lol. They send me an email almost daily about it ........... so far I've managed to resist. I might enter woof for it. That should keep her quiet for a day or two.
    Posted by elsadog
    those freerolls are mad!!!

they have unlimited re buys to for the first half hour or hour (cant remember exactly)

and add ons after 1 hour

i played once in them and the amount of buy ins/add ons was more than the 2k they were giving away!!!

so they made money on a 2k giveaway!!!

think i finished about 900 out of 8000 people played over 2 hours for $1.20. lol ;)
  • edited March 2010
    In all seriousness, can I ask......... In one of these freerolls with thousands of players, how long on average would a tournament run? and would there be many breaks?
    Posted by emilyegg
    As mentioned earlier, there is a huge donkfest at the start which eliminates half the field, but the last couple of hundred down to the bubble can go on forever as the remaining players all try to cash. Then another donkfest where they all try to build a stack. The last 500 can go on for a couple of hours easily. So all told about 4-5 hours to win it.

Breaks are 5 mins every hour at 5 mins to the hour (synchronised breaks). Should the tournament start 'mid-hour' then there would be 2 breaks in the first hour in order to fall into sync with the rest.
  • edited March 2010
    In all seriousness, can I ask......... In one of these freerolls with thousands of players, how long on average would a tournament run? and would there be many breaks?
    Posted by emilyegg
    there are loads of breaks to start with then i think it was like 1 an hour.

i was out about 900th after about 2 hours.

it doesnt start until 9:30 pm either!!!

so it must be pretty late by the time it gets to final table!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL : those freerolls are mad!!! they have unlimited re buys to for the first half hour or hour (cant remember exactly) and add ons after 1 hour i played once in them and the amount of buy ins/add ons was more than the 2k they were giving away!!! so they made money on a 2k giveaway!!! think i finished about 900 out of 8000 people played over 2 hours for $1.20. lol ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    This is a bit puzzling. There are freerolls with add-ons (usually 5c a throw) but the total raised from these goes on top of the 'giveaway' amount. The particular ones I was thinking of are for UK players only.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL : Hmmmmm not good im broke as a poor joke mate. I have said to myself im putting £40 this eveing and if i loose it all then im not going to be putting money on for a few months. I am hoping this teaches me to be carful with my roll and not just throw it away! Hope it teaches me to build up slow as you cant make monies over night its all about the grind and playing within your limits. Thats the problem im having at the moment so im hoping this will help me keep a roll for longer then 3 weeks lol.
    Posted by kunster
    Sorry to hear you went bust watched you a few times and your  like a roller coaster ride (up and down) good luck with your next bankroll  
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 20£ ROLL : Sorry to hear you went bust watched you a few times and your  like a roller coaster ride (up and down) good luck with your next bankroll  
    Posted by JONONZIE
    Haha gkad you liked the ride..........im trying todothings proper way now sticking to 2p/4p tables and maybe 4p/8p, really hope this works out now.