You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freezeout for tikay

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi tikay

I dont know if you got the message I sent through the thread for the show last night, just in case you didnt, hrere is a tournament I thought you may be interested in, Napoleons are currently running a £40+4 freezeout on a Wednesday, I know youi liked playing at Napoleons, 1 of you fav places I think you said.

Take care m8

Comments

• edited July 2009
    tikay, why do I have the strangest feeling you were leading Richard up the garden path a tiny little bit with the microwave ????

Enjoyed the show emensly last night the both of you, was nice not having to get sereous when mutibroadcasting time came around gave, you both somewhat of a free reign (Well as far as the director let you and, (SWMBO) the lovely Mother Hen (Hoping this helps to stop her clucking at you too much ;)

Was suposed to make this thread a question, but the old memory wouldnt let me, oh to be young again.

Cheers
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Freezeout for tikay:
    Hi tikay I dont know if you got the message I sent through the thread for the show last night, just in case you didnt, hrere is a tournament I thought you may be interested in, Napoleons are currently running a £40+4 freezeout on a Wednesday, I know youi liked playing at Napoleons, 1 of you fav places I think you said. Take care m8
    Posted by acebarry10
    Thanks Barry. I've not been to Naps in Sheffield for a few years now - I think I won their Sprbng Festival Main Event last time I did.

If I'm home any Wednesday, I'll deffo pop up & play this.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Freezeout for tikay:
    tikay, why do I have the strangest feeling you were leading Richard up the garden path a tiny little bit with the microwave ???? Enjoyed the show emensly last night the both of you, was nice not having to get sereous when mutibroadcasting time came around gave, you both somewhat of a free reign (Well as far as the director let you and, (SWMBO) the lovely Mother Hen (Hoping this helps to stop her clucking at you too much ;) Was suposed to make this thread a question, but the old memory wouldnt let me, oh to be young again. Cheers
    Posted by acebarry10
    I could not resist - he's so gullible.

Thank you for the kind comments.

Tough finishing so close to the money last night, good effort by you.

I'm PTP-ing tonight, maybe see you in the Rail.
  • edited March 2016
    What is a freeze out ? Molecule 1
  • edited March 2016
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Freezeout for tikay:
    What is a freeze out ? Molecule 1
    Posted by Molecule1
    Hi Molecule,

By unfortunate & completely inadvertent chance, you have posted on a thread started by a Gent who was very popular here some years ago, but who, most sadly, passed away. However, you were not to know that.

As it happens, he was exceedingly helpful to everyone, so I'm sure he'd appreciate the question.
  • edited March 2016

So, a "Freezeout" is a poker tournament where you just get your starting chips & nothing else - no rebuys, no add-on, no re-entry, nothing. Lose your chips & it's game over, as simple as that. There are good reasons for the modern versions - rebuys, re-entries etc - but poker in it's purest form means one bullet only, & when you are out, you are out. The better 'rolled & more wealthy players can have an advantage in Rebuys, but in a Freezeout, all we have is our own skill & luck, so, to a degree, it's the most level playing field we can have. Better players, as it happens, do best in either formats.

The WSOP Main Event - & the vast majority of WSOP Tournaments - are Freezeouts.

On Sky Poker, the biggest regular (weekly) scheduled Tournament is the Super Roller, which is also a freezeout.

Pot Limit Omaha Tournaments in the "Live" Arena were killed by the ability to multi-rebuy, & players would often go all-in blind every hand & take as many as 10 or 15 rebuys. That's not poker, that's just punting.

Hope that explains it for you.

PS - The Tournament you won on Sky Poker on March 12th was a Freezeout. Congrats.