You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Genuine? Yes or No?....You Decide

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

With regard to a thread that was recently closed, Does anyone think that there would have been any takers for the opportunity?

Would there be any realistic chance of a return on the proper funds you would have supplied?
Would the arrangement be purely on trust?
Would some kind of legal agreement be drawn up by the sponsor?

OR

Could the value of your investment Fall as well as Rise (like on the Pension/Endowment Adverts)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Sorry, I missed the thread Em...

x
  • edited March 2010
    A bloody con-artist who told a pack of lies, he plays at the $1 limit on sky poker - surely he would be playing at much higher stakes if he was as good as he made out to be.
  • edited March 2010
    He's just a desperate man that is sadly addicted to gambling but has no monies.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Genuine? Yes or No?....You Decide:
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yes Blackfish3, the sharkscope findings (if I had the right bloke) were not overly-inspiring.

I trust you won......:-)
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry, I missed the thread Em... x
    Posted by TRIP5
    LOL TRIP5, sounds like your luck has now hit a hat-trick for the week ;-)

By the way, your prize for guessing the poker player is a once in a lifetime opportunity. (honest)
  • edited March 2010
    A bloody con-artist who told a pack of lies, he plays at the $1 limit on sky poker - surely he would be playing at much higher stakes if he was as good as he made out to be.
    Posted by Dozza
    i am no con artist you fooooooool, i have never deposited a penny onto sky poker, i dont on any sites i find suitable investors and then we conquer, i am only here for 1 lucky person
  • edited March 2010
    porkerman - are you telling porkies by any chance?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Genuine? Yes or No?....You Decide : i am no con artist you fooooooool, i have never deposited a penny onto sky poker, i dont on any sites i find suitable investors and then we conquer, i am only here for 1 lucky person
    Posted by porkerman
    from the bloke who tried to CHEAT goals, goals, goals to win a poxy £5.50 torny entry!
    sad act
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Genuine? Yes or No?....You Decide : Yes Blackfish 3 , the sharkscope findings (if I had the right bloke) were not overly-inspiring. I trust you won......:-)
    Posted by emilyegg
    i think i searched pokerman not porkerman... oops... who did i learn that from :S...
    and i was 5 chips down when sky crashed...
  • edited March 2010
    iv'e voted yes, sounds pretty genuine to me
  • edited March 2010
    I sent him money!!!
  • edited March 2010
    I sent him money!!!
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    200 yen??
  • edited March 2010
    dont be stupid I arent made of money, 12 yen.
  • edited March 2010
    I sent him money!!!
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

GATE 37, FINAL CALL FOR RIO DE JANIERO
  • edited March 2010
    I lent him the collection this week.

0.56 pence

God bless you my son
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Do you wanna bet on that? ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Genuine? Yes or No?....You Decide : i am no con artist you fooooooool, i have never deposited a penny onto sky poker, i dont on any sites i find suitable investors and then we conquer, i am only here for 1 lucky person
    Posted by porkerman
    i have friendship pending on you pokerman,

i wish to know more ,

lets engage through pm !
  • edited March 2010
    I have got 1700 tucked away Irishrover. I don`t think a player of my ability has any prospect of increasing that significantly, so would I be stone-cold mental to consider sponsoring a player? and if my 1700 was turned into, say 6000....how much would I expect to get back and how much of the 6000 would the "player" be looking to keep?......
  • edited March 2010
    I have got 1700 tucked away Irishrover. I don`t think a player of my ability has any prospect of increasing that significantly, so would I be stone-cold mental to consider sponsoring a player? and if my 1700 was turned into, say 6000....how much would I expect to get back and how much of the 6000 would the "player" be looking to keep?......
    Posted by emilyegg
    Sorrry to intrude on your question Emily but i thought that this would be relevant. Tom Dwan was asked in an interview about his friends. The asked if his friends ever tried to give him money and get him to spin it up for them. His answer was that his friends understood how valuble his time was. They knew that while he could probably take their £10k and turn it into £100,000 he would lose out on so much more. Due to his ability and level of play he would be missing £100,000 pots on his own account while working tirelessly on his friends money.

Moral to the story - If someone is that good they will not be playing for other people. There is not enough profit in it for them as they would be playing higher stakes on their own money if were talented enough to.
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks A/8 it is a very interesting subject.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by emilyegg
    Sorry to the many dozens who have contacted me with regards to me (potentially) sponsoring them with the 1700 I have tucked away. I was unaware there were so many people, who were SO interested in helping me make a few quid. Because my inbox has been busting at the seams, I need to clear up any confusion as I may have unwittingly got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to investing in other players.

Sadly the investment I was considering was 1700 POKER-POINTS and NOT 1700 Great-British Pounds.

I apologise for any disappointment/distress that I may have caused.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Genuine? Yes or No?....You Decide : Sorry to the many dozens who have contacted me with regards to me (potentially) sponsoring them with the 1700 I have tucked away. I was unaware there were so many people, who were SO interested in helping me make a few quid. Because my inbox has been busting at the seams, I need to clear up any confusion as I may have unwittingly got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to investing in other players. Sadly the investment I was considering was 1700 POKER-POINTS and NOT 1700 Great-British Pounds. I apologise for any disappointment/distress that I may have caused.
    Posted by emilyegg

I'll have them 

• edited March 2010
    I need to clear up any confusion as I may have unwittingly got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to investing in other players. Sadly the investment I was considering was 1700 POKER-POINTS and NOT 1700 Great-British Pounds. I apologise for any disappointment/distress that I may have caused.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Lmao .... some people

Whilst we are engaging this subject I can offer genuine money to people who want to play poker.

As I am so busy these days ... indeed playing poker myself I have neglected my household chours and if anyone would be so kind as to retrieve the following for me I will set you up with a shiney new account :)

1. 16 meters of fallopian tube
    2. A new bubble for my spirit level :( I broke the last one
    3. A long wait - available at any good hardware store and if possible

Some sky hooks

Many thanks in advance
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Genuine? Yes or No?....You Decide : I'll have them 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Are you a Good Player Jock? I don`t want to give the poker points to just anyone. Impress me with your credentials and they are on the way....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Genuine? Yes or No?....You Decide : Are you a Good Player Jock? I don`t want to give the poker points to just anyone. Impress me with your credentials and they are on the way....
    Posted by emilyegg

I am amazing, some off the moves I make confuse even me.

• edited March 2010

i am willing to invest 1,000,000

poker points in your poker skills,

pokerman !
  • edited March 2010
    Is it even possible to donate poker points?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: :) 1. 16 meters of fallopian tube 2. A new bubble for my spirit level :( I broke the last one 3. A long wait - available at any good hardware store and if possible Some sky hooks Many thanks in advance
    Posted by ONTHERlVER
    How about some tartan paint as well lol.