You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Mighty Boosh

edited March 2010 in The Shed
Hello shed heads,

i'm a massive fan of all comedy but i do have a few special favourites.

one of those has to be the mighty boosh.

a few years ago (whilst at uni) i was totally obsessed and i often dip back into series 1 and thoroughly enjoy myself.

i don't think series 2 and 3 are up there with their best work but i'd urge you to check out series 1 (if you haven't seen it).

it might take a bit of work at first... you'll need to look past the eccentric songs, props and storylines. but if you can stick with it you'll find some delightful comedy, especially the interaction and dialogue between the 2 main characters.

Do you like the mighty boosh?

discuss...

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Iv never been able to watch this as the other half just won't allow it (i also miss out on Curb Your Enthusiasm which i think i'd enjoy)

I like the other one on Buzzcocks but not as much as Bill Bailey 

Having never seen any am i wrong in thinking its just full of him saying things like "ooh i'm a monkey riding a bike made of jelly up a custard pie trying to reach the wombles"
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: The Mighty Boosh:
    "ooh i'm a monkey riding a bike made of jelly up a custard pie trying to reach the wombles"
    Posted by HuFlungPu

they definitely don't say this in any of the shows??!
  • edited March 2010
    ... unless it's subliminal and i haven't picked up on it!?
  • edited March 2010
    Heard him say something along them lines in buzzcocks once...

Ok Rich i'l try and watch a few of the 1st series but if she don't like them your in trouble! :)
  • edited March 2010
    How can you not love Eeels???

Series three is brilliant, warped genius!!!!

'YOU SHALL NOT PASS'

x
  • edited March 2010
    yeah it's great, just (in my opinion) not as good as 1.

Cornish guilt?

Grief of a sailor?
  • edited March 2010
    No, no, no - SERIES THREE!!!!

'My eye's are smaller than your's. Yeah? Yeah? Yeah! Well... Lets have a squint off then...'

Future Sailor v the crimp off?

Although Coconut Joe has to be one of my favourite :o)

x
  • edited March 2010
    i think with the 3rd series they went more comercial putting in more jokes etc...........

the first 2 were very weird and took a while to get what it was all about!!

'old gregg' is the best of them all imo.

do you love me............................?

• edited March 2010
    I love it when he has a romantic meal with the panda.

"She's my bird... i put all the groundwork in."
  • edited March 2010
    we're going to have to agree to disagree here i'm afraid. series 1 all day for me.

but hey, you're a fellow boosh fan, so i love ya whatever series you like
  • edited March 2010
    The 1st episode had me rolling when he was in training to fight the kangaroo. Genius.

• edited March 2010
    The 1st episode had me rolling when he was in training to fight the kangaroo. Genius.
    Posted by Quagmire72

yep, that first episode is one of my favourites too.

'the spirit of jazz' and 'hitcher' are also in my top 3.
  • edited March 2010
    Gotta agree with Donkeyplop, Old Greg was so funny!...I got the funk!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: The Mighty Boosh : yep, that first episode is one of my favourite too. 'the spirit of jazz' and 'hitcher' are also in my top 3.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Jazz: [snatching contract and laughing scarily] Yous is mine, boy! You signed right here! You signed your soul away! Yeah, I own you baby. Every time you pick up an instrument I’ll be there, inside ya, wearin ya like a glove! Your sweet @ss is mine! Ow, chika-chika ow. [then, in pain] Ow! [takes hat off head and drops it on the ground] Man, my hat’s on fire! [starts stomping it out] What’s wrong wit you? You blind? Why didn’t you tell me?
    Howard: Sorry, I… I thought that was your look.
    Jazz: No! It ain’t my look! That’s a brand new hat. Spoiled my exit now. [starts to walk back to the back of the bar, having lost the jive in his step.] Trying to do you a favour. [walks off to the right, then returns.] There ain’t no door back there, it’s the toilet. [walks off to the left]
  • edited March 2010
    I was the greatest jazz player in Yorkshire

York - shi - re?

What is Yorkshire?

Yorkshire is a place, Yorkshire is a state of mind
  • edited March 2010
    Jazz: Yorkshire. New Orleans. It’s all the same to me, baby. Yeah, baby I’ll make you famous. You wanna be famous?
    Howard: [nodding] Yeah.
    Jazz: [pointing to walls] You wanna be on the wall? Look at this guy. Blind Barney Shortbread. Huh? What a player. I seen him play with my own eyes. Man was a genius. What about this guy? Hot Weewee Jefferson. The cystitis kid. Man when he was playing, those pipes was on fire. I could make you like that. D’you wanna be on the wall? Howard Moon?
    Howard: How do you know my name?
    Jazz: It’s on your trumpet case, @sshole.
  • edited March 2010
    that's the end of that saga

saga? what are you? Icelandic?
  • edited March 2010
    I'm the driver. As the passenger it's your job to entertain me and keep me awake.

keep you awake?

yeah, you know, like when i'm showing signs of fatigue.

what? like when you've got your pyjamas on?
  • edited March 2010
    "JulianBarratt - it's all one word so if you hear your friend say 'Julian Barratt' tell them they're wrong - it's JulianBarratt"
  • edited March 2010
    How can you not love Eeels??? Series three is brilliant, warped genius!!!! 'YOU SHALL NOT PASS' x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Daammmmnnnn youuuuu, I've now been singing the eel song for the past 20 minutes! I can't get it out of my head ='[ 

Eeels up inside you, finding an entrance where they can! I'll leave it there =] 
  • edited March 2010
    Quality......  saw them live at wembley...  good night lots of extra madness and turned into a random music fest at the end...

agree with Rich..the older stuff was best, more origional, it usualy is with most series's, better at the beginin...

Im gonna turn my back on you...
  • edited March 2010
    i didn't like it much, didn't laugh once at any episode i watched, it must of been reasonably entertaining though, i didn't switch it off.

i think the BBC need reminding that comedy should be funny tbh (it's been shockingly bad of late)

sorry to put a downer on a light hearted thread, i looked on another thread about our favourite comedys but i prefered to share my negative views about this instead.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to The Mighty Boosh:
    Hello shed heads, i'm a massive fan of all comedy but i do have a few special favourites. one of those has to be the mighty boosh. a few years ago (whilst at uni) i was totally obsessed and i often dip back into series 1 and thoroughly enjoy myself. i don't think series 2 and 3 are up there with their best work but i'd urge you to check out series 1 (if you haven't seen it). it might take a bit of work at first... you'll need to look past the eccentric songs, props and storylines. but if you can stick with it you'll find some delightful comedy, especially the interaction and dialogue between the 2 main characters. Do you like the mighty boosh? discuss...
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Need any elbow patches?

I wouldn't want to look past the eccentric songs, there awesome!

MANGINA!

Went to the live show at O2 in London and it was hilarious. Bob Fossil likes getting his stomach out too much though! :-p

Naboo is hilarious too!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to The Mighty Boosh : Need any elbow patches? I wouldn't want to look past the eccentric songs, there awesome! . MANGINA! Went to the live show at O2 in London and it was hilarious. Bob Fossil likes getting his stomach out too much though! :-p Naboo is hilarious too!!!!
    Posted by beaneh

How can I forget the Egg of Mantumbi. They are captured and sat around the table, told they are going to be fed then one of the little ewok dudes is sick on his plate. Think Vince eats some just before the lead ewok dude says, 'clear up that sick.... ah, here are the sandwiches'. AMAZING!!!
  • edited March 2010
    that's awesome. i saw them up in York about 4 years ago. i even managed to get back stage and get some photos with the guys. i'll try and get them on the forum but they are on my old phone and it might be a major effort!

i love the elbow patch sketch! so funny.

"from a soft mahogany all the way through to the angry bague"
  • edited March 2010
    eels up inside yaaaa...........finding an entrance where they can.................

ive got that eels tune as a video and ringtone on my phone!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    eels up inside yaaaa...........finding an entrance where they can................. ive got that eels tune as a video and ringtone on my phone!!!!
    Posted by donkeyplop

This is the bit properly 

"The head parka person tells Howard that he must dine with them and try the local delicacy at which point one of the parka people seems to vomit onto a plate. Howard, disgusted by the thought of what such a delicacy might taste like, politely explains that he's not really that hungry anyway. The head parka tells him that they will be offended if he doesn't at least try, so Howard picks up a spoon and tries a little bit and pretends to enjoy it. Then we hear the head parka declare "Here comes the food now. Sandwiches, my favourite!" and orders someone to clear his sick [which Howard mistakenly ate] away. Seconds later, before the food even has a chance to reach the table, he announces that the time for eating has passed and the head parka orders that Howard be tied up.''

ahahhaahah

Love it might have to go back and rewatch some!!!