You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Omaha response.

edited March 2010 in Omaha
Have to say i'm dissapointed that my thread regarding Omaha has been ignored by Sky_Dave and Tikay and all other members of the forum barring dav1964.

I just wonder what Sky could do to generate more interest in Omaha as it's such a brilliant game and contrary to popular believe, easy to pick up when you know the NLH basics.

Perhaps some promotional rake race applicable to Omaha? Just for a week to generate an extra thousand or so people playing the game, you could pay out the top 10% either in terms of hands played or success on the tables..whatever really.

Also feel the Sky team should be more active in this area of the forum, it's been a week since my strategy post was made for god sake. Tikay apparently loves Omaha but he's never (comparitivley) seen in this forum offering any advice.

Obviously the Omaha regs would love to be included on the Sky TV show, but while we accept that isn't possible at the moment...it's hard to bear that such effort has been made to bring Omaha to sky, so little effort is being made to promote it now that it is here.

Dave.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Perhaps if you hadn't started a thread naming your opponent and asking people to comment on his play you would have received a better response.

You should assume that if people want their own play to be analysed they will post it themselves. Alternatively, if you want comments on the hand generally, remove your opponent's name from the hand history and throughout the thread.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Omaha response.:
    Have to say i'm dissapointed that my thread regarding Omaha has been ignored by Sky_Dave and Tikay and all other members of the forum barring dav1964. I just wonder what Sky could do to generate more interest in Omaha as it's such a brilliant game and contrary to popular believe, easy to pick up when you know the NLH basics. Perhaps some promotional rake race applicable to Omaha? Just for a week to generate an extra thousand or so people playing the game, you could pay out the top 10% either in terms of hands played or success on the tables..whatever really. Also feel the Sky team should be more active in this area of the forum, it's been a week since my strategy post was made for god sake. Tikay apparently loves Omaha but he's never (comparitivley) seen in this forum offering any advice. Obviously the Omaha regs would love to be included on the Sky TV show, but while we accept that isn't possible at the moment...it's hard to bear that such effort has been made to bring Omaha to sky, so little effort is being made to promote it now that it is here. Dave.
    Posted by daveydavey

Dave i'm really sorry to read/ hear this. let me chase Sky Dave for you. i'm sure he hasn't ignored you, he just might have quite a lot on at the mo. Dave's a top bloke and i'm sure he'd be more than happy to post some advice for you.

let me see what i can do....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey Davey,

Apologies for not having been on here to take a look at your question. Sounds like a rubbish excuse I know, but I tend to be streteched a little thin at times between making the suits cups of tea and doing some real work. ;) I'll take a look at the hand today and post my thoughts for you then.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha response.:
    Perhaps if you hadn't started a thread naming your opponent and asking people to comment on his play you would have received a better response. You should assume that if people want their own play to be analysed they will post it themselves. Alternatively, if you want comments on the hand generally, remove your opponent's name from the hand history and throughout the thread.
    Posted by MereNovice
    It was agreed in chat we'd post it and names were fine.
  • Options
    edited March 2010