You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Las Vegas

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
I'm going to Las Vegas in 2 weeks, and would just like to find out about best places to play poker. I'm staying at the Luxor but I'm pretty sure their poker room isn't great. I have read reviews online, but I'm interested in seeing what sky poker players opinions are. I'll be looking at playing roughly $100-$300 tournaments and $1/2, $2/4 cash. I'm obviously looking for the softest games. 

Anyones experiences are very much welcome. 

Comments

• edited March 2010
    caesars nightly tourny is a must! Fink its $180 or sumat like that, good structure and perfect card room.

Im sooo jealous!!!
  • edited March 2010

Hi stone.

Without any question, to play serious poker, the best Cardrooms in Vegas are Ceasars Palace & The Venetian, if you want half-decent Tourneys.

It's out of (poker) season right now, but Ceasars are still running 6 Tourneys every single day, 24/7, the cheapest is $65, & the evening 7pm jobbie (10k chips) is $160, & they have a weekly 15k chip jobbie (30 minute levels) for $235, wehich plays quite nicely.

The Venetian are currently runing 2 Tourneys daily, (Noon & 7pm, $130 & $100), with a nice 12k chip affair on Sunday priced at $340.

Both cardrooms are exquisite, & compared to the UK (DTD excepted) are run so much better than we are used to. And they are spacious - none of this being squeezed into a corner - lots of room. 
  • edited March 2010
    just wanted to say good luck in vegas and bring back some dollars for us all lol good luck
    ps dont forget the stick of rock :-)
  • edited March 2010
    yup caesars and venetian for tournies..... awesome cardrooms.  Cash there is OK too but is probably softer at Planet Hollywood/MGM
    You broke the dream i had last night of crossing over the Bellagio bridge with a tub of icecream on my way to PH to play poker lol......  btw there's another tip...... Bellagio Icecream parlour!!  Not very baller i know but sooooooo good :)
  • edited March 2010
    Why can't I be 21? :(
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas:
    Why can't I be 21? :(
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Swap ya?
  • edited March 2010
    Deal :D

lol

How old am I now then? I never thought you were that old!! lol

• edited March 2010
    37!  haha..... You also have a wife and a 10 month old daughter called Millie....  congratulations! :D
  • edited March 2010
    Stone, IMO the best place for decent structure tournament's has to be the Venetian.  I was out there in September and both daily tourneys were getting between 80-100 runners everyday.  Caesar's is ok as Dan said but over the last year the number of players playing have dramatically declined.   The cash games in Venetian are very tasty too.  Best of luck to you when out there.

GB
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas:
    yup caesars and venetian for tournies..... awesome cardrooms.  Cash there is OK too but is probably softer at Planet Hollywood/MGM You broke the dream i had last night of crossing over the Bellagio bridge with a tub of icecream on my way to PH to play poker lol......  btw there's another tip...... Bellagio Icecream parlour!!  Not very baller i know but sooooooo good :)
    Posted by cottlad

I'll just add my two pennith worth.  The cheesecake factory is a must, but make sure your hungry. Located back of The Forum shops next to Caesars hotel. It's next door to Abercrombie and Fitch.  Oh Blast I so wanna  be there.  Or if it's Spanish you like, very nice tapas place down by the Fashion show, great for lunch.

GB
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. I think im gonna play at the venetian then.

I am very much a fan of ice cream and cheesecake, so I shall be stopping by the bellagio ice cream parlour and the cheesecake factory. Yum ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    Win it all please!
  • edited March 2010
    I'm going 7th-15th April so any more info would be appreciated.

Any1 else going that would like to meet up??

I'm staying at the Circus Circus on a cheap deal - mixed reports on various websites but I'm only after a bed to put the head down between sessions.

Any chance of a sponsored T shirt from Skypoker LOL